Reload this Page >

Looking For Mick O'Rourke

Looking For Mick O'Rourke

Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:18 am
Just Joined

ORourke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking For Mick O'Rourke

Hi there,

This is a massive long shot, but I am trying to trace several members of my family that I have not seen for almost thirty years. They are my older brother, John O'Rourke, and two cousins, Mick and Patsy. John's parents were called John and Rose, Mick's parents were called Mick and Rose. I've had no luck tracing any of them in the UK (they were all from London originally) but have been told that Mick lived in Spain at some point (around ten to fifteen years ago). I've no idea if he still lives there - even if he does it's a big place so the chances of finding him are small! But I figured it was worth a try so if anyone does think they might know anything useful please let me know. I would love to get to know them all again. I wasn't allowed contact with any of them after my dad died and so I haven't seen any of them since I was very young. Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Janine O'Rourke
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:57 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking For Mick O'Rourke

Did you try Facebook as well?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jur,

Yes, have tried Facebook, Friends Reunited and Genes Reunited - no luck so far but I keep trying! Am currently wading through electoral registers and phone directories as well, but one of the problems is I don't have much information about them and what I do have is about twenty five years old, so it feels a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. I'll keep trying though!

Cheers,

Janine
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:28 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with your search Janine, hope you´ll find what you are looking for.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ORourke
Hi there,

This is a massive long shot, but I am trying to trace several members of my family that I have not seen for almost thirty years. They are my older brother, John O'Rourke, and two cousins, Mick and Patsy. John's parents were called John and Rose, Mick's parents were called Mick and Rose. I've had no luck tracing any of them in the UK (they were all from London originally) but have been told that Mick lived in Spain at some point (around ten to fifteen years ago). I've no idea if he still lives there - even if he does it's a big place so the chances of finding him are small! But I figured it was worth a try so if anyone does think they might know anything useful please let me know. I would love to get to know them all again. I wasn't allowed contact with any of them after my dad died and so I haven't seen any of them since I was very young. Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Janine O'Rourke
Do you know his age/DOB? It may help identify him as it is a fairly common name, at least in some regions. This site, for example, is for a Mick O'Rourke who is around 41 and lives in Ireland. Also, I believe the Salvation Army have a branch that will help with these issues:

http://en.netlog.com/mickorourke

Last edited by johnh009; Mar 12th 2010 at 10:11 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Hi John,

I don't know much about them at all, which does make it harder to find them! I wasn't allowed much contact with my dad's side of the family so only met them a couple of times before he died when I was eight and then I've had no contact with any of them since. I would guess they would all be in their forties now, possibly early fifties. I've was given an old address for my brother but the people in the house had never heard of him so he must have moved a long time before. I didn't know about the Salvation Army, though, so I will give them a try as well. Thanks for your help,

Janine
Old Mar 13th 2010, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ORourke
Hi John,

I don't know much about them at all, which does make it harder to find them! I wasn't allowed much contact with my dad's side of the family so only met them a couple of times before he died when I was eight and then I've had no contact with any of them since. I would guess they would all be in their forties now, possibly early fifties. I've was given an old address for my brother but the people in the house had never heard of him so he must have moved a long time before. I didn't know about the Salvation Army, though, so I will give them a try as well. Thanks for your help,

Janine
Here is the information you require:

http://www1.salvationarmy.org.uk/uki...C?openDocument

They succesfully traced the lost son of a friend of my mother's. They found him right in the middle of the Australian outback of all places. Now that's efficent.

Last edited by johnh009; Mar 13th 2010 at 3:47 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Hi John,

That is efficient! Thanks for the link, I will try them as well. Jur, thank you for your good wishes.

All the best,

Janine