Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

looking to do consultancy work in UK but live in spain

looking to do consultancy work in UK but live in spain

Old May 10th 2017, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

MichaelandMaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking to do consultancy work in UK but live in spain

I'm going to set up a company in UK doing consultancy work in the UK, but live in Spain, traveling back to UK every 2-3 months for a week, would I need to transfer the company over to Spain. If I did would I automatically qualify for health cover. Or should I just set a company up in Spain.
Thanks
Old May 11th 2017, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

ned flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking to do consultancy work in UK but live in spain

Yes.
Old May 13th 2017, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking to do consultancy work in UK but live in spain

No , a UK limited company is a U.K legal entity in itself , you cant transfer them to Spain , youd have to open another S.L (Limited Co) in Spain , I`d strongly advise against it as it will most likely be cost prohibitive.
If you have a UK Ltd Co you obviously control what salary you draw , so if you draw none and leave the money in the bank no income tax is due and so on.
To get health care if you are under the retirement age you will need to pay NI in Spain by way of being an employee of a Spanish business or as self employed (autonomo ).
Unless you stand to earn a considerable amount for you 4-5 visits I dont think its worth the hassle due to set up costs and gestor/accountants fees, youd be making a rod for your own back.
Personally I`d set up a UK Ltd Co and keep schtum about it in Spain, you get emergency medical care anyway , if you need ongoing secondary care maybe Spain is not the place for pre retirement age people unless you have substantial funds.
Of course everything will change soon due to Brexit and I doubt it will get easier for expats to live in Spain/Europe.