Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Looking for a Cattery in the Ayamonte area

Looking for a Cattery in the Ayamonte area

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:27 am
Just Joined

pennyshares is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a Cattery in the Ayamonte area

Does anyone know of any catteries in the area, or even in Huelva province at all? I am going away over Christmas and didnt realise there is such a shortage of 'cat hotels' in the area!

Thanks

Maria
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Looking for a Cattery in the Ayamonte area

Ok I found somewhere, via the vets in Ayamonte.
The Centro Canino in Lepe take cats as well as dogs . Contact name is Jose Enrique [ I think] and his number is 669 396 083 or 616 079 068. He sounded nice and was helpful but be prepared as he does only speak Spanish. They charge 5 euros a day.
Hope this helps anyone who had the same problem as me in finding somewhere.

Maria
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 5:55 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a Cattery in the Ayamonte area

Hi Maria and welcome to the forum.

Sorry no one could help you with your cattery predicament, but glad you found something and took the time to share the information.

Martha
Old Nov 24th 2007, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Maria,
Looks like you've done the Inspector Clouseau work yourself, well done!
Best wishes,
Carol

P.S. Just wondering...what is the word for cattery? (Dog kennel = perrera)

Last edited by Carol&John; Nov 24th 2007 at 6:53 am. Reason: add p.s.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Hello all, and thanks for the welcome, I have been living in the Costa de la Luz for just over a year now.
I had the same problem about the Spanish word for cattery and came up with the following which didnt really help as the business I eventually found is listed as a dog kennels but this info could be helpful to people in other parts of Spain where they do have catteries.

"I've been searching the brain cell and, I can't think of a word for cattery either. What they call them seems to vary - Hotel Felino/a, Guarderia Felina and Residencia Felina are three I've encountered. Others just have a name of a finca and say, "Cuidamos de sus animales" (we look after your animals) or something similar. "

Hope this helps

Maria