Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

LONG TERM RENTS IN MALLORCA, HELP?

LONG TERM RENTS IN MALLORCA, HELP?

Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

skism is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LONG TERM RENTS IN MALLORCA, HELP?

Hello, We are moving to the Island in september 2009 and wondered if anyone new of a nice 2 or 3 bed apartment to rent for 9 months. Our budget is about 600 euro a month. My wife will be working it Palma but we are willing to live upto 25 mins away by car or train.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LONG TERM RENTS IN MALLORCA, HELP?

Originally Posted by skism
Hello, We are moving to the Island in september 2009 and wondered if anyone new of a nice 2 or 3 bed apartment to rent for 9 months. Our budget is about 600 euro a month. My wife will be working it Palma but we are willing to live upto 25 mins away by car or train.
Questions like this put people in an awkward predicament, did you read the rules when you joined, especially rule 9 ?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

skism is an unknown quantity at this point

Surely there is no problem, Point 9 merely mentions the fact about advertising. But links are allowed. Surely if people could help they could post a link?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
Questions like this put people in an awkward predicament, did you read the rules when you joined, especially rule 9 ?
But it is always difficult to find long term rentals for a reasonable price in 'holiday areas' ...
Surely a person with a suitable place to rent, or even someone who knew of somewhere suitable could encourage the OP to make enough posts to be able to receive a private message.
If one is looking for a long-term rental, word-of-mouth is invaluable! Its not like you are signing up for two weeks in the sun...
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:24 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Kyero.com and look there, don't be afraid to ask for less than they are asking, there are more and more people wanting to rent, especially long term, and there are less visitors with the exchange rate problems, should be no problems for 600€ a month
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Surely there is no problem, Point 9 merely mentions the fact about advertising. But links are allowed. Surely if people could help they could post a link?
www.ownersdirect.co.uk have a lot of properties on their books too, and there are plenty of people on there who are prepared to accept long-term rentals ...
Old Feb 12th 2009, 1:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
But it is always difficult to find long term rentals for a reasonable price in 'holiday areas' ...
Surely a person with a suitable place to rent, or even someone who knew of somewhere suitable could encourage the OP to make enough posts to be able to receive a private message.
If one is looking for a long-term rental, word-of-mouth is invaluable! Its not like you are signing up for two weeks in the sun...
It`s great to post links to places you can reccomend, as long as they are not your own business, otherwise it is advertising.
No advertising includes by pm`s and emails. ;-))
Old Feb 12th 2009, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
It`s great to post links to places you can reccomend, as long as they are not your own business, otherwise it is advertising.
No advertising includes by pm`s and emails. ;-))
Apologies, I obviously didn't read the rules carefully enough ...
Although it is all slightly academic as far as I'm concerned as I am not trying to sell/advertise anything on the site ...

Last edited by noelrosie; Feb 12th 2009 at 1:36 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 1:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by noelrosie
Apologies, I obviously didn't read the rules carefully enough ...
Although it is all slightly academic as I as I'm concerned as I am not trying to sell/advertise anything on the site ...
I know. ;-))

There are lots that do though.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

RONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really nice

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Go to Kyero.com and look there, don't be afraid to ask for less than they are asking, there are more and more people wanting to rent, especially long term, and there are less visitors with the exchange rate problems, should be no problems for 600€ a month
Anyone else having problems logging on to Kyero.com ?

When the above post was shown by mikelincs i had a good look around the site that night but now it just comes up with error......is the site down i wonder ?

Cheers Ron
Old Feb 13th 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

RONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really nice

Originally Posted by RONLIN
Anyone else having problems logging on to Kyero.com ?

When the above post was shown by mikelincs i had a good look around the site that night but now it just comes up with error......is the site down i wonder ?

Cheers Ron
Ooops,done a reboot and all is good

Me and computers dont go together LOL