Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

long term rentals spain

long term rentals spain

Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

lsy234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default long term rentals spain

Hi, can anyone offer some advice, I have just been let down at last moment on a long term rental in spain.

I am already set to move over in just over 2 weeks time all booked and paid for! and now need somewhere else to live as just been informed they have sold the place instead!

I have 5 children and myself plus 2 cats, and can afford upto €400 a month, dont need anything sophisticated just a furnished roof over our heads for at least three months.

Can anyone help? Anywhere in spain will do right now I am not really bothered where just need to find something so that we are not living in the car!

If anyone can offer any help, please let me know.

I am a single mum and i have an income so can afford the rent, i can do a month in advance and a month deposit.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of
Default Re: long term rentals spain

Originally Posted by lsy234
Hi, can anyone offer some advice, I have just been let down at last moment on a long term rental in spain.

I am already set to move over in just over 2 weeks time all booked and paid for! and now need somewhere else to live as just been informed they have sold the place instead!

I have 5 children and myself plus 2 cats, and can afford upto €400 a month, dont need anything sophisticated just a furnished roof over our heads for at least three months.

Can anyone help? Anywhere in spain will do right now I am not really bothered where just need to find something so that we are not living in the car!

I am a single mum and i have an income so can afford the rent, i can do a month in advance and a month deposit.
Hi, Sorry to hear about your problem. We were let down also, by someone who decided to sell instead of rent, right after we had fallen for the place and decided to go for it. Not as bad as your situation I admit, but we were baled out by our estate agent, who pulled out all the stops to find us something else. Feel sure that they would be able to help you also. Give them a ring. They are English so no language problems. http://www.hamiltonsoflondon.net Email is:[email protected] .
Good luck
Carol & Tony

Last edited by CarolandTony; Mar 9th 2008 at 2:43 pm. Reason: spelling error
Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for that will give them a try!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

We also used the same office in Albir - Nigel and Shonagh - were very helpful - but probably would find it hard to find a place for your budget there. We have certainly found it cheaper to rent south of Alicante.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

CarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud ofCarolandTony has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SueG
We also used the same office in Albir - Nigel and Shonagh - were very helpful - but probably would find it hard to find a place for your budget there. We have certainly found it cheaper to rent south of Alicante.
We used the Gandia Office, Nick & Suzanne. Extremely helpfull. A bit cheaper in this area also.

Last edited by CarolandTony; Mar 9th 2008 at 5:00 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 9th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

dougyzf is an unknown quantity at this point

hi if i were you i would look for the paper called sur in english,they have a website aswell,they have loads of rentals in all different areas.
good luck and i hope it works out for you!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Originally Posted by lsy234

Hi Isy234,
Sorry to hear of your let down, especially at 2 weeks to go.

Have a look at the Eye On Spain site under private sales/rentals you just might be lucky.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:12 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

You could of course look in here..............
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You could of course look in here..............
I'll pop along to "sorry no matches" then
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Hi all, thanks for the advice, and help, i shal keep looking, i am trying to be optomistic, most keep saying nothing for my price range which is usual! but you never know...

Thanks again,
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:39 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'll pop along to "sorry no matches" then
Why does it do that?

I had a list of about 500 matches from a SEARCH I did and now its gone. Why?

Eh?
Why?