Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Long Term Rentals

Long Term Rentals

Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

rickstevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long Term Rentals

Sorry to keep bothering you kind and helpful people, however does anyone have any links to long term property rental sites? I have been looking on www.justlongrentals.com, and Im looking for something similar but for other parts of Spain. Im not too fussy which parts at the moment, as I am still looking for work, but would like to have all options covered in whichever area a job is offered (if it is offered).

Many thanks for your time

Rick
Old Oct 26th 2005, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Long Term Rentals

Originally Posted by rickstevens
Sorry to keep bothering you kind and helpful people, however does anyone have any links to long term property rental sites? I have been looking on www.justlongrentals.com, and Im looking for something similar but for other parts of Spain. Im not too fussy which parts at the moment, as I am still looking for work, but would like to have all options covered in whichever area a job is offered (if it is offered).

Rick
Hi Rick,
You could have a look at www.surinenglish.com or www.villarenters.com is quite a good site. Once you narrow your search down to the right area, it will be so much easier!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 6:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Rick
If you get work near me, pm me and I will put you in touch with someone I know who rents long term properties, its not fair to call him unless you are definately going for a rental.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:52 pm
18YEARS IN SPAIN

Hola try out www.justspanishproperties.com I find them most helpful for long term rentals . I put my special visitors or guests with them near enough to me but far enough away to get some privacy. They cover the ALICANTE area. Good luck in finding work.

Rick

Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

joka is an unknown quantity at this point

We moved to Mallorca just over a year ago (from very near scunthorpe as it happens) We rent long term. Many 1and 2 bed apartments available here. If using an agent, which i would recommend, make sure they are API registered to make sure all is legal. Anything from 400euros per month. Good luck. Hope you´re as happy in Spain as we are.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

rickstevens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joka
We moved to Mallorca just over a year ago (from very near scunthorpe as it happens) We rent long term. Many 1and 2 bed apartments available here. If using an agent, which i would recommend, make sure they are API registered to make sure all is legal. Anything from 400euros per month. Good luck. Hope you´re as happy in Spain as we are.
Wow Joka! 400 euros per month sounds very reasonable for Mallorca. Dont suppose you have any agents websites to hand do you?

Where abouts near Scunthorpe were you?
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

Rick
We lived in 2 long-term rental properties in Spain.
First time around, we came over for a week and spent the time visiting schools and going around estate agents trying to find somewhere suitable to rent. It was very hectic. We had to juggle the fact that we were visiting several months ahead of our intended moving date of Christmas, so wanted to delay commitment as long as possible. We lined somewhere up and continued negotiations with the agent on our return to London, but just before we finalised the deal which would leave us paying a couple of months rental whilst unoccupied, some Spanish friends working in Boston said that we could use their place as long as we wanted, just for the payment of a minimal monthly maintenance fee.

So without having seen it before, we met up with them at the house (they were visiting family for Christmas) with the removals van and moved in.

5 months later, our friends warned us they had a baby due and wanted to return! So it turned out to be less long term than we'd expected and we had another hectic round of searching estate agencies in our next chosen area. Hectic because we were booked to return to London for a visit, then have a month's holiday in Asturias at just the time that we had to vacate the house. My wife found and negotiated a lovely house through an agent, so it turned out for the best.

So from our experience, I'd say that you'd be wise, unless you already know an area very well, to look at properties on the spot. By all means do the research ahead of time (there were barely any Spanish agencies with decent websites back in 1999) to line up some possibilities, but you're talking about committing to a significant period of time, so you'll want to see the place to ensure it's what you want before you decide. Staying in a hotel/BnB/holiday flat for a fortnight a few months before you move could save a costly mistake.

The best way to find rental agencies is to do some searches on www.google.es.

Tick the 'pages from Spain' option under the RHS of the search text box and use search terms including "inmobiliaria alquiler [area you're looking for]". A vist also allows you to look them up in the phone book at the hotel, as well as spotting them while driving around. There may even be a few 'alquilar' signs up on suitable houses/flats for private rental.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

joka is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Joka! 400 euros per month sounds very reasonable for Mallorca. Dont suppose you have any agents websites to hand do you?

Where abouts near Scunthorpe were you?
For long term rentals check on any websearches. Magaluf is about cheapest in Mallorca. there you can get a small studio apartment from about 400 euros a month.
We were from Epworth, between scunthorpe and doncaster.
JOKA