Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

long term parking in Ayamonte ?

long term parking in Ayamonte ?

Old Mar 22nd 2021, 5:59 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default long term parking in Ayamonte ?

Hello. I am not resident in Spain or Portugal, but I do own a house just over the border from Ayamonte,

I was wondering..........does anyone know of a place I could garage my little Clio when it is not in use ? And if so what sort of charge one could expect to pay per month, say ?

BTW, is there some reason Ayamonte has its own spot within the Spain Forum ?
Old Mar 27th 2021, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice
Default Re: long term parking in Ayamonte ?

On your first question somewhat confused given your house is in PT and on another thread you say you have a friend in Spain who can "garage" it ? Having said that yes there are loads of options to long term park your car around Ayamonte. Price would depend on if you wanted it parked open, covered or garaged. You certainly would want it out of site as I guess it is on UK plates

On your second question the Ayamonte Club sub forum was set up some years ago due to a sudden increase in postings to the main Spanish Forum about the area caused by the Isla Canela and then the Costa Esuri developments which were being very very heavily promoted to the Brits at the time. I would not be at all surprised if the sub forum was suggested and "lobbied" for by certain agents who are thankfully now long gone.
Old Mar 27th 2021, 8:31 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reply. To reassure you.........No, I am not trying to do anything illegal.
On the contrary I am trying to legalize a ( currently ) UK plated car in Spain so that I can use it for up to six months of the year in Portugal.

Even before Brexit I was quoted almost €5,000 to re register the car on Portuguese plates, so absurd for a car worth three grand ish.

However, it is there at the moment trapped off road by Covid and it would cost almost a grand just to get it back to the UK for MOT. If there is a cheapo option to garage it ( covered at least from the sun ) in Ayamonte, then it might make sense to re register it on Spanish plates, which I understand costs less than €1,000, garage it in Ayamonte when necessary, and use it in Portugal for up to six months of the year ( or maybe there is a different rule as between Portugal and Spain for cars in one another's coun tries ? )

The car is basically in vey good condition, even though from 2006, so it would be very useful if this could be done.

So that's why I was asking about the cost of long term parking in Ayamonte. So can you give some idea as to what that cost might be, for the various options available ?
Old Mar 27th 2021, 9:28 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You would need an address in Spain to re-register to Spanish plates in your name.
Oh what a tangled web we weave ......
Old Mar 27th 2021, 10:20 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

I am not seeking to weave any webs, tangled or otherwise. I do have a friend with a house in Spain and he is happy for the car to be registered to that address, if legally permitted . However it is a good distance from Portugal so I would prefer to garage in Ayamonte for some of the time at least, once legally registered, if that is possible.
Old Mar 27th 2021, 10:28 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

That would be illegal, just as it would be in UK.
Old Mar 27th 2021, 10:41 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

What would be illegal ?
Old Mar 27th 2021, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Around 40 euros a month for a secure underground parking space in Ayamonte.

Probably less in a secure overground parking space say on Costa Esuri.

BestLoco
Old Mar 28th 2021, 8:35 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

40 a month underground ( out of the sun ) would be fine............Can you suggest specific facility / street address for satnav please ? V. useful for future reference.
Old Mar 29th 2021, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

The cost of Matriculating on Spanish plates has gone up substantially since Brexit unless you can prove you were Resident or had applied for it prior to Jan 1.
Old Mar 29th 2021, 10:43 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

guesswork

Do you know to how much, approximately, for a 15 year old Clio worth at most £3,000 ?

Anyone recommend any Gestores in or near Ayamonte ?
Old Mar 29th 2021, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

The valuation is the one the authorities have written in their book Nothing to do with market valuation
A friend has recently tried to get a cost on a 60 plate Integra. It was prohibitive but I do not know the exact cost but I believe 3000
They were here last year so they are now sorting out docs to prove this. I believe the estimate was about 1000
Old Mar 30th 2021, 8:09 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

So are you saying they will have to pay around a grand or three times that sum ?

The first would be ok ( will cost that anyway to transport back to UK for mot ).
Old Mar 30th 2021, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

If he can prove he was here before Jan it would be the the lower figure.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 8:57 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
The cost of Matriculating on Spanish plates has gone up substantially since Brexit unless you can prove you were Resident or had applied for it prior to Jan 1.
Hola

Some years ago I rematriculated an American car; there were no extra costa even though it came from a "third country". Can you quote legislation that says the costs have increased for third country cars as opposed to European cars?
Davexf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.