Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Long Term Let needed.

Long Term Let needed.

Old Oct 30th 2006, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

KeifieP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long Term Let needed.

Hi all, new to this forum as in desperate need of help.

My wife and I must be completely mad as at the ripe old age of 42, we have decided that now the kids have left home we are going to make that long promised move to warmer weather.

We are busy selling off everything that is not bolted down and have a date to fly out in a months time with just 4 brimming suitcases.

Our problem is the accommodation that we were set to rent in Denia has now fallen through and we can't find another agent that can provide the same as we had organised.

Please can you tell us of any long term letting agents that has cheap property in the Javea, Denia, Calpe, Moriaria region so that we may recover from this pending disaster.

Thanks to you all.

Keifie & Wife.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Term Let needed.

Originally Posted by KeifieP

My wife and I must be completely mad as at the ripe old age of 42, we have decided that now the kids have left home we are going to make that long promised move to warmer weather.

We are busy selling off everything that is not bolted down and have a date to fly out in a months time with just 4 brimming suitcases.

Our problem is the accommodation that we were set to rent in Denia has now fallen through and we can't find another agent that can provide the same as we had organised.

Please can you tell us of any long term letting agents that has cheap property in the Javea, Denia, Calpe, Moriaria region so that we may recover from this pending disaster.

Thanks to you all.

Keifie & Wife.
Hi,
I have been looking through the forum and this website looks great. www.kyero.com

You choose what area of Spain and what you are looking for and it searches the estate agents.

It is worth the look, i wish you and your wife all the best xx www.kyero.com
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Just be careful with agents as some charge you a months commission. If you are just arriving with suitcases, why not find yourself a budget hotel for a few days when you arrive and then, hire a car and have a scout around. At this time of year you will see quite a few apartments, etc with Aquiller on them (to rent) and you can go direct to the owners. One you will be more in control of your situation, you will also get a good idea of what the rate is off season and you may find the ideal place yourself. It is what I did when I arrived here. Also you can scout the local papers. I find it much easier dealing with landlords than agents, and they generally do bugger all for their money and by dealing with the landlord direct you may get a better relationship. Be wary of other Brits as often they are like vultures and if they think you have just arrived may try and rip you off. I find dealing with the Spanish much better and so far haven't been ripped off by any, which I can't say the same about some of the Brits I've met.

You may find that they will give only give you a 6 months lease, which may be better anyway, until you find your feet, then if everyone is happy they often extend it. Some rent include your electricity and water, others you may for it separately. Check also that the property has a telephone line as you will be surprised on how many don't.

Best of luck.

Thanks to you all.

Keifie & Wife.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Just be careful with agents as some charge you a months commission. If you are just arriving with suitcases, why not find yourself a budget hotel for a few days when you arrive and then, hire a car and have a scout around. At this time of year you will see quite a few apartments, etc with Aquiller on them (to rent) and you can go direct to the owners. One you will be more in control of your situation, you will also get a good idea of what the rate is off season and you may find the ideal place yourself. It is what I did when I arrived here. Also you can scout the local papers. I find it much easier dealing with landlords than agents, and they generally do bugger all for their money and by dealing with the landlord direct you may get a better relationship. Be wary of other Brits as often they are like vultures and if they think you have just arrived may try and rip you off. I find dealing with the Spanish much better and so far haven't been ripped off by any, which I can't say the same about some of the Brits I've met.

You may find that they will give only give you a 6 months lease, which may be better anyway, until you find your feet, then if everyone is happy they often extend it. Some rent include your electricity and water, others you may for it separately. Check also that the property has a telephone line as you will be surprised on how many don't.

Best of luck.
Hi,
I am deverstated we have been told today our house has fell through. and we was meant to be moving jan 07. so we are still going to go and rent for 6 months and then have a look round and buy once we are there.
i suppose its just one of them things, never mind, keep looking and keep our dream going
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:39 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

We arrived 8 months ago with just 2 suite cases, we stayed in a budget hotel for two weeks we hired a car and drove around looking at property. We brought a house and rented a flat all in one day.
Hopefully we will be moving into our dream in 2 months.
Good luck and have fun
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
I am deverstated we have been told today our house has fell through. and we was meant to be moving jan 07. so we are still going to go and rent for 6 months and then have a look round and buy once we are there.
i suppose its just one of them things, never mind, keep looking and keep our dream going
Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can rent it out, whilst you are looking around. Personally would if you can rent for a least a year or two, in that way you will know if it is right for you, and you can see what the work situation is like. I've seen too many people come down here, sell everything, buy a property and they can't find work or their life goes pear shape. They end up selling the property for less than they paid for and go back worse off to the Uk. I rented for 2 years before I brought my property, which I have had for a couple of years now. But I'm not reliant on the spanish market for work either. I get paid in sterling.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can rent it out, whilst you are looking around. Personally would if you can rent for a least a year or two, in that way you will know if it is right for you, and you can see what the work situation is like. I've seen too many people come down here, sell everything, buy a property and they can't find work or their life goes pear shape. They end up selling the property for less than they paid for and go back worse off to the Uk. I rented for 2 years before I brought my property, which I have had for a couple of years now. But I'm not reliant on the spanish market for work either. I get paid in sterling.
HI,
it was our house in spain that fell through? However i have thought maybe it is a blessing, this way we can rent a property out in spain and then have another good look.

I am still gutted but now i am starting to think it happend for a reason so could be a plus that this has happened
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

We are looking to rent when we move out, we want to stay coastal to Benalmadena to start with because we are familiar with the place and also could do with some work. Top of Arroyo is where we are looking. Hopefully at a later date we could move a little more inland.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
HI,
it was our house in spain that fell through? However i have thought maybe it is a blessing, this way we can rent a property out in spain and then have another good look.

I am still gutted but now i am starting to think it happend for a reason so could be a plus that this has happened
Ooops misunderstood, thought it was your house in UK you were selling.

I wouldn't worry, there are quite a few houses on the market, I would buy a spanish paper, you will probably get a better bargain than if you are looking in the English speaking ones. Also if you are using an agent, the have some fantastic commission wrapped in that, again if you can go direct to the Spanish as many don't use Agents you may be better off as there won't be a commission charge putting the price up.

At the end of the day you just need a good lawyer, but with the Spanish if you agree to a price verbally, as far as many are concerned it is a done deal. I think it is a buyers market at the moment, so you may be lucky.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Joe Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point

I too am new to this forum so I hope this is the correct process.

Have you found somewhere Keifie? What type of accommodation were you looking for?

Joe

Thanks to you all.

Keifie & Wife.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

KeifieP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joe Clarke
I too am new to this forum so I hope this is the correct process.

Have you found somewhere Keifie? What type of accommodation were you looking for?

Joe
Hi Joe, and thanks for the reply.

I had a call this morning from a friend in Spain, so hopefully the answer is YES. He has found us a nice sounding 4 bed apartment with roof terrace in the area we were looking at a price within our budget.

We are going out there next week to have a look over it and sign all the paperwork so that is one thing off our mind.

Take care and thanks again.

Keifie.