Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

long term let majorca

long term let majorca

Old Apr 8th 2016, 10:06 am
Just Joined

James coop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default long term let majorca

Hello, I am looking at going to majorca to play guitar and sing. I have returned from a recce mission but in all honesty i went too early in the season and there wasnt that many people to ask. The work seemed like it was there, but accomadation was not and lools very expensive. Pollenca, alcudia or santa ponsa area look good for work. I dont want front line just something reasonable priced to start with
A shared room or a studio or a one bed. Looking at may to the end of sept. Help please. James......
Yorkshire
Old Apr 8th 2016, 10:19 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: long term let majorca

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 8th 2016, 12:15 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Virtually all tourist resorts are expensive and generally not very nice places to live. Like most people in your line of work, you ought to consider living a few km away from the resorts. Double the space for half the price or less.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amideislas
Virtually all tourist resorts are expensive and generally not very nice places to live. Like most people in your line of work, you ought to consider living a few km away from the resorts. Double the space for half

the price or less.
I have no problem with being away from the coast as I intend to buy a car. There seems to be no let's available.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

wasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by James coop
I have no problem with being away from the coast as I intend to buy a car. There seems to be no let's available.
Where did you look? A quick google search brings up loads of websites, whether you want to flatshare or have your own place..
Old Apr 8th 2016, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wasss
Where did you look? A quick google search brings up loads of websites, whether you want to flatshare or have your own place..
It throws numerous companies up but all holiday rentals no long term rentals. T
Old Apr 8th 2016, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

lesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond reputelesleyandme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi James,

Would agree what you say about Pollenca and Alcudia. Playa de Muro and Can Picafort all within a few miles of each other.

You should have sorted your accommodation out when you were over, all my long term lets were gone by the end of February.

People are not going to rent out for €400 a month when they can get that and more a week as a holiday let.

Having said that places are available and if you do have transport move inland, for up this end of the island Sa Pobla offers value for money.

Here are a couple of links of whats on offer around me.

Vivienda en alquiler en ALCUDIA (Pueblo) | Página 1 | tucasa.com

Apartments for sale spain, rent house and properties for sale in spain

Good Luck and I will keep a lookout for a Tyke guitar player
Old Apr 8th 2016, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

wasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud of

It throws numerous companies up but all holiday rentals no long term rentals. T
I'm guessing you searched in English?

Alquiler de habitaciones y pisos compartidos - pisocompartido.com - Shared accommodation.
fotocasa.es: Alquiler de pisos, compra y venta - Long term accommodation.

Plenty for Majorca come up.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Hello everyone thanks for helping me. Sa pobla or somewhere similar is great for me. Keep looking thanks
Old Apr 9th 2016, 9:36 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Well, rents are generally very low in Mallorca, and there's an absolute abundance of cheap lets. Except of course in the tourist resorts, becasue holiday lets generate real money, and it's difficult to break even on long-term lets.

One other thing that many Brits may not realise, is that depite this well-publicised British resort dot on the southwest of the island known as Magaluf, Mallorca hosts a remarkably low percentage of native English-speaking expats (e.g., Brits), and so if you're searching for acommodation on English websites, your choices will be much more limited. Also, with the historical strength of the pound, and the significantly higher cost of living in the UK, long-term lets (and properties for sale) specifically targeted at Brits tend to be 20-50% dearer.

The Spanish and Catalan language sites, such as Fotocasa, Idealista, etc., tend to target locals, who mostly can't and won't afford what a Brit or German might be willing to pay.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amideislas
Virtually all tourist resorts are expensive and generally not very nice places to live. Like most people in your line of work, you ought to consider living a few km away from the resorts. Double the space for half the price or less.
Hi Amideislas, I have tried all the links that people have sent me but no joy as yet. People just dont get back to you. I saw two on idealista for sa pobla so i contacted them and they told me they had gone and they couldn't help. Running out of time aaarrgh.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 8:36 am
Banned

Hi Amideislas, I have tried all the links that people have sent me but no joy as yet. People just dont get back to you. I saw two on idealista for sa pobla so i contacted them and they told me they had gone and they couldn't help. Running out of time aaarrgh.
I don't know what you're looking for, where or price range, but there's more villages in Mallorca than Sa Pobla.

Also, if your Spanish is non-functional, you might find that many owners don't feel comfortable with a tenant that they can't communicate with. You might want to find someone local who speaks the Catalan or Spanish to speak with them.

Anyway, again, no shortage of lets at reasonable prices:

Rent Houses Mallorca | fotocasa

Casas y pisos en alquiler baratos en Mallorca, Balears (Illes) — idealista

Planta baja en alquiler de larga duración en Mallorca | Página 1 | tucasa.com
Old Jul 13th 2016, 10:23 am
Just Joined

krobinson1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I am looking at going to majorca to play guitar and sing. I have returned from a recce mission but in all honesty i went too early in the season and there wasnt that many people to ask. The work seemed like it was there, but accomadation was not and lools very expensive. Pollenca, alcudia or santa ponsa area look good for work. I dont want front line just something reasonable priced to start with
A shared room or a studio or a one bed. Looking at may to the end of sept. Help please. James......
Yorkshire
Hi James, did you manage to find an aprtment? If so, who did you use because I am struggling! I move out on 11th August with my daughter and can't find anywhere yet!
Kirsty
Old Jul 13th 2016, 10:25 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krobinson1989
Hi James, did you manage to find an aprtment? If so, who did you use because I am struggling! I move out on 11th August with my daughter and can't find anywhere yet!
Kirsty
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Old Jul 13th 2016, 11:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by krobinson1989
Kirsty
Depending on where you want to live, there's no shortage of long term rentals. However, it's customary to greatly increase prices during the high season. So if price is your problem, be aware that most are negotiable, particularly at this moment.

If it's for lack of Spanish language, I suggest installing the idealista app on your smartphone. It's in English, and very easy to use. Lots of rentals there, all over the island.

Good luck...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.