British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Lomas de Cabo Roig Costa Blanca (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/lomas-de-cabo-roig-costa-blanca-853760/)

wilsman77 Mar 3rd 2015 4:11 pm

Lomas de Cabo Roig Costa Blanca

Hi, is anyone from the Cabo area?

Rosemary Mar 3rd 2015 4:34 pm

Re: Lomas de Cabo Roig Costa Blanca

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

wilsman77 Mar 5th 2015 7:57 am

look a102 of you have looked at this are you telling me that none of you live in the Roig? okay so how many of you have visited, and what was your experience like?

mikelincs Mar 5th 2015 8:25 am

Originally Posted by wilsman77 (Post 11583511)
look a102 of you have looked at this are you telling me that none of you live in the Roig? okay so how many of you have visited, and what was your experience like?

Lived a campoamor for some time, and at Playa Flamenca, so Cabo Roig was a regular place to visit, it's a lot quieter than some of the surrounding area, but plenty of shopping nearby, and nice beaches. There was a really nice bread shop there and that was a regular stop for a loaf and a coffee, and often a cake. There is a health centre very close as well.

wilsman77 Mar 5th 2015 8:31 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 11583538)
Lived a campoamor for some time, and at Playa Flamenca, so Cabo Roig was a regular place to visit, it's a lot quieter than some of the surrounding area, but plenty of shopping nearby, and nice beaches. There was a really nice bread shop there and that was a regular stop for a loaf and a coffee, and often a cake. There is a health centre very close as well.

Hi Mike, I have heard of a bread shop in Lomas de Campoamor i think it is near the stary sod pub i will try it next time i am over.

cupcakebarb Jul 14th 2015 3:22 pm

we have just purchased in this area off plan but not ready till sept 2016 cant wait to get good look around and find my bearings so to speak. planning to rent out if possible and for family use il be there for long wkeds whenever possible and few wks during yr cant wait just get to save up now

wilsman77 Jul 14th 2015 3:52 pm

Cupcake, where did you buy? I am in Cabo and I can feel a party coming on in Sept 16.......

cupcakebarb Jul 14th 2015 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by wilsman77 (Post 11699251)
Cupcake, where did you buy? I am in Cabo and I can feel a party coming on in Sept 16.......

we bought 3 bed apartment on sinergia world 11 I'm not sure of area to be honest prob get lost first time I come but all good fun

wilsman77 Jul 14th 2015 4:09 pm

if you are Lomas de Cabo Roig then we will be in walking distance! how exciting.......

wilsman77 Jul 14th 2015 4:13 pm

do i sound like a stalker? soz.....

cupcakebarb Jul 14th 2015 4:20 pm

not at all cos sometimes I travel alone and its good to have company especially with knowledge of area

cupcakebarb Jul 14th 2015 11:26 pm

any airport transfers you know off from Murcia cos I don't wanna drive yet over in spain hun ?

wilsman77 Jul 15th 2015 7:23 am

I always drive as its so quick (& cheap) plus its all motorway to Cabo. A cab from Murcia is Euro 35 on a week day a bit more on weekends. Once you buy your place a neighbour who lives there will always do you favour. I think the ex-pats that live there are quite happy to do a 20 minute airport run & they are always pleaseed to see you, its nice.

acw5 Jul 15th 2015 12:40 pm

Sounds lonely. Is it a single sort of area?

Rosemary Jul 15th 2015 1:55 pm

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

wilsman77 Jul 15th 2015 3:45 pm

ACW, what do you mean?

cupcakebarb Jul 17th 2015 11:15 pm

getting worried cos jus paid 1st instalment today £40000 then goes to local tonight and get talking to be told im stupid av I not heard about new builds should not pay any money out as builder will go bust! But think its abit like saying shouldn't go on holiday again because of bomb attacks! Not being nasty but cant live life worrying bout maybes, but still av I been stupid!

wilsman77 Jul 18th 2015 9:31 am

Originally Posted by cupcakebarb (Post 11702017)
getting worried cos jus paid 1st instalment today £40000 then goes to local tonight and get talking to be told im stupid av I not heard about new builds should not pay any money out as builder will go bust! But think its abit like saying shouldn't go on holiday again because of bomb attacks! Not being nasty but cant live life worrying bout maybes, but still av I been stupid!

Look, it's simple the bad builders have gone bust already the ones that are left are in a good financial state. Buy the house and enjoy Cabo don't let others worry you.

cupcakebarb Jul 30th 2015 3:12 pm

whats weather like wilsman77? bloody awful er cant wait to get back there thinking off coming over for few days oct

wilsman77 Aug 28th 2015 2:43 pm

I had to cancel my August trip I am due in Cabo Sept 24th and again in October. How is your house coming along?

cupcakebarb Sep 4th 2015 4:35 pm

don't know how my house is coming on cos avnt been back to spain since may, hopefully my daughter may be flying out late sept n will check for me il be back over april I think

cupcakebarb Sep 9th 2015 4:33 pm

anyone know if cabo got flooded?

wilsman77 Sep 11th 2015 6:31 am

I am not sure, I will be there on the 24th and will let you know if Cabo is still standing…

wilsman77 Sep 30th 2015 11:16 am

Hi CCB, Carbo is fine and hot and sunny (except for yesterday when the heavens opened for an hour or so) I think I drove past your new house (is it close to the Aldi supermarket/on the same road?) if so they are nearly ready. I cant quite believe how every plot on the urbanization is now being built on, its a sea of cranes..... what a change from a year ago. I have just asked for a quote to turn my flat roof into a terrace with spiral staircase as i am sick of loosing the sun at 4pm this time of year. Miss the place already back again in October (yes two weeks time!) so let me know if you need me to send you some picture updates.

cupcakebarb Sep 30th 2015 11:57 am

Originally Posted by wilsman77 (Post 11761456)
Hi CCB, Carbo is fine and hot and sunny (except for yesterday when the heavens opened for an hour or so) I think I drove past your new house (is it close to the Aldi supermarket/on the same road?) if so they are nearly ready. I cant quite believe how every plot on the urbanization is now being built on, its a sea of cranes..... what a change from a year ago. I have just asked for a quote to turn my flat roof into a terrace with spiral staircase as i am sick of loosing the sun at 4pm this time of year. Miss the place already back again in October (yes two weeks time!) so let me know if you need me to send you some picture updates.

That sounds brill I'd love too see some photos if you don't mind please. Getting excited to get there now it is near Aldi ta hun

cupcakebarb Oct 7th 2015 10:25 am

Hi wm I'm coming to cabo riog 7th april for 4 days staying in the royal spa apartments. My neice and her husband coming with me its her and my birthday while we are there, might c u there?

wilsman77 Oct 7th 2015 10:46 am

Originally Posted by cupcakebarb (Post 11766705)
Hi wm I'm coming to cabo riog 7th april for 4 days staying in the royal spa apartments. My neice and her husband coming with me its her and my birthday while we are there, might c u there?

Hi, I haven't booked flights for 2016 yet I am eagerly awaiting the EasyJet Sale!! I am there on Tuesday (it's raining apparently) and again in December. I am next door to the Royal Spa. I'll your place be finished by April?

cupcakebarb Oct 7th 2015 12:45 pm

when is easy jet sale? do u buy flights all in one go for year? I never find cheap flights for Murcia iv just paid £300 again for myself return in april

Adie443 Nov 11th 2015 5:20 pm

My lady and I are moving to cabo roig orihuela is that anywhere near you ?

wilsman77 Nov 11th 2015 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Adie443 (Post 11791690)
My lady and I are moving to cabo roig orihuela is that anywhere near you ?

Sure is, I am in lomas de Cabo Roig not far from the Aldi, where abouts are you moving to?

Adie443 Nov 11th 2015 6:33 pm

Were moving to calle yeso a few streets back from.the strip can't wait the missus is taking early retirement and I'm going to keep working at sea

wilsman77 Nov 11th 2015 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Adie443 (Post 11791746)
Were moving to calle yeso a few streets back from.the strip can't wait the missus is taking early retirement and I'm going to keep working at sea

Nice one. I am on the other side of the AP7, Cupcake is local also. I can feel a party coming next year.

Adie443 Nov 11th 2015 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by wilsman77 (Post 11791769)
Nice one. I am on the other side of the AP7, Cupcake is local also. I can feel a party coming next year.

nice one looking forward to meeting new friends if you want you can add me to your Facebook if you have it Adie sears

wilsman77 Dec 22nd 2015 2:11 pm

Adie, we are out in Cabo next week. Will you be around? Cupcake does not land until late next year.

Adie443 Dec 22nd 2015 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by wilsman77 (Post 11819575)
Adie, we are out in Cabo next week. Will you be around? Cupcake does not land until late next year.

we don't get there till around the first week in Feb wilsman then we'll be there for good no going home Spain will be our new home 😀

wilsman77 Dec 28th 2015 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Adie443 (Post 11819684)
we don't get there till around the first week in Feb wilsman then we'll be there for good no going home Spain will be our new home 😀

Sunny & 21 degrees today. Just can't beat this place. Adie I will see you next year & you cup cake.

Adie443 Dec 28th 2015 9:03 am

Lol well jealous it's damp grey n drizzly here in Plymouth.
Hope weather stays good for when I get there I've got loads of outside painting to do lol

101wvd Dec 28th 2015 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Adie443 (Post 11822393)
Lol well jealous it's damp grey n drizzly here in Plymouth.
Hope weather stays good for when I get there I've got loads of outside painting to do lol

We are not far from you in Tavistock Adie!!! We are going over to Spain on 7th January for the second trip of fact finding. We are staying not far from Cabo Roig!! Small world eh;) We shall have to meet up once we both move over!!!

Adie443 Dec 28th 2015 11:22 pm

Lol I'm actually working in Plymouth I'm on the Clyde Fisher the big Blue fuel tanker I get off at the end of January. If you have face book feel free to add me.. Adie sear my profile pic is the HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH Badge hope to catch up soon take care 😀

Tammydog Dec 29th 2015 8:21 am

We're in the area as well until April and then back in June living close by for ever.
I think a meet up party sounds good.