Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Lock up and go query

Lock up and go query

Old Mar 19th 2015, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Sally want is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lock up and go query

My husband and I are buying a lock up and go property in oliva. We would like Internet when we are there without having to have it installed and paying monthly as we will only use it for max 2-4 months over a year. Can anyone recommend anything.
Me for browsing and checking emails etc. Grandkids for games. For example.
Ps can we get free satellite channels - if so what do we need to install.
We don't live in UK so don't have access to Vpns etc.
Thanks for any help. Regards.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:22 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lock up and go query

Originally Posted by Sally want
My husband and I are buying a lock up and go property in oliva. We would like Internet when we are there without having to have it installed and paying monthly as we will only use it for max 2-4 months over a year. Can anyone recommend anything.
You don't have to live there to have access to them - so you sould use a vpn.

Try Telitec and see if they cover your area, they are now doing just what you want.

For Sky TV, you will need a dish and a receiver or a good internet connection.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:25 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:34 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Rosemary;11596337]Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks so much - I am sure this forum will be really useful.
Regards
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
You don't have to live there to have access to them - so you sould use a vpn.

Try Telitec and see if they cover your area, they are now doing just what you want.

For Sky TV, you will need a dish and a receiver or a good internet connection.
Thanks for that great info. Much appreciated.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Get the Guy (Jon) to install you a satellite dish and non-subscription box. He rightly recommends a 1 metre dish if you want an uninterrupted signal but installed a 80cm dish for me that whilst on the edge receives all the main channels. You do need an HD box. I have used him for two installations and his service is exemplary. If he arranges to be with you on a set day and time he will be there. That is important if you are not permanently is Spain.

Sky TV Spain. UK TV Spain. Freesat TV Spain. Sky TV Installers. Satellite TV Installers Costa Blanca. Costa Blanca Satellite TV. Satellite Dish. Set Top Boxes. Digiboxes. English TV in Spain. UKTV Spain. British TV in Spain. Internet TV. British TV S

I use a carrefour dongle for picking up my emails and surfing the web on a pay as you go tariff. It has limit of 100mb download per day so probably no use for gaming but does everything I need. There are plenty of free wifi areas in the towns bars.

https://www.carrefour.es/telecom/int...tarifa-diaria/

I did start to look at getting a more permanent solution but have not taken it any further than looking at the company below.

Wifi en Oliva, 10€ al mes, la mejor oferta de internet! | Desarrollo de aplicaciones web y móvil

Good luck
Old Mar 19th 2015, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Get the Guy (Jon) to install you a satellite dish and non-subscription box. He rightly recommends a 1 metre dish if you want an uninterrupted signal but installed a 80cm dish for me that whilst on the edge receives all the main channels. You do need an HD box. I have used him for two installations and his service is exemplary. If he arranges to be with you on a set day and time he will be there. That is important if you are not permanently is Spain.

Sky TV Spain. UK TV Spain. Freesat TV Spain. Sky TV Installers. Satellite TV Installers Costa Blanca. Costa Blanca Satellite TV. Satellite Dish. Set Top Boxes. Digiboxes. English TV in Spain. UKTV Spain. British TV in Spain. Internet TV. British TV S

I use a carrefour dongle for picking up my emails and surfing the web on a pay as you go tariff. It has limit of 100mb download per day so probably no use for gaming but does everything I need. There are plenty of free wifi areas in the towns bars.

https://www.carrefour.es/telecom/int...tarifa-diaria/

I did start to look at getting a more permanent solution but have not taken it any further than looking at the company below.

Wifi en Oliva, 10€ al mes, la mejor oferta de internet! | Desarrollo de aplicaciones web y móvil

Good luck
Wow thanks. Do you have contact info. For Jon. Thanks again.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Wow thanks. Do you have contact info. For Jon. Thanks again.
His details are on his web pages that I put a link to.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 9:53 am
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice

As for internet, I use a Mifi dongle which I bought for about £40 from eBay. I then bought a pay as you go El Mundo SIM card from Orange.es. For 15euro you get 2GB of internet and top up as and when you need to. With the Mifi dongle you can connect up to 8 devices at once, all wifi. This is not suitable for t.v. Though.
The Three network from 1/4/2015 are allowing English customers use their English allowance for calls, texts, and internet for free ( by free I mean no roaming charges) in Spain so you can get your emails anywhere there is a mobile signal. This is called 'feel at home'. As far as I'm aware no other U.K. Provider does this.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

The Mundo SIM from Orange also has a low cost rate for calls to the UK - 0.01 Euro a min, which makes it a great choice.