British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Local translator? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/local-translator-863008/)

Sue and Barry Aug 6th 2015 10:03 am

Local translator?

We are looking for someone who speaks English and Spanish fluently in the hope they can help us sort out problems we are having with GIAHSA. We think they are over-charging us for our water. We have had help in the past from a translator via our property management service, but unfortunately we have had little contact from her over the past few months and seem to be getting nowhere fast. If anyone can recommend someone who could help us out we would be very grateful. We are due to arrive in CE week beginning 24th August.

Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Many thanks, Sue and Barry

EsuriJohn Aug 6th 2015 12:36 pm

Re: Local translator?

Originally Posted by Sue and Barry (Post 11717551)
We are looking for someone who speaks English and Spanish fluently in the hope they can help us sort out problems we are having with GIAHSA. We think they are over-charging us for our water. We have had help in the past from a translator via our property management service, but unfortunately we have had little contact from her over the past few months and seem to be getting nowhere fast. If anyone can recommend someone who could help us out we would be very grateful. We are due to arrive in CE week beginning 24th August.

Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Many thanks, Sue and Barry

I would wholeheartedly recommend Heather Bynoe who as the name suggests is a Welsh lass with an honours degree in Spanish and does translation as well as teaching at the language school in Laguna square. She lives on Lomas and if you are in Esuri you could contact her through the shop.

Sue and Barry Aug 6th 2015 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 11717696)
I would wholeheartedly recommend Heather Bynoe who as the name suggests is a Welsh lass with an honours degree in Spanish and does translation as well as teaching at the language school in Laguna square. She lives on Lomas and if you are in Esuri you could contact her through the shop.

Many thanks, John. That sounds promising. How would we "contact her through the shop"? Do they have her contact details, or does she go there for the Monday Club meetings?

Thanks once again,
Sue

EsuriJohn Aug 6th 2015 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Sue and Barry (Post 11717828)
Many thanks, John. That sounds promising. How would we "contact her through the shop"? Do they have her contact details, or does she go there for the Monday Club meetings?

Thanks once again,
Sue

No but hubby Dave and their daughter do and Heather picks them up on her way back from teaching at about 8 pm. She is also a good friend of Amalia who could direct you to her door just around the corner from the shop.

Sue and Barry Aug 6th 2015 3:21 pm

Thank you John, we will call into the shop as soon as we can :thumbup:

keithBT Aug 6th 2015 10:10 pm

Hi Sue & Barry, just a thought but have you tried logging into your Ghiasa account online. I thought we were getting overcharged and we never ever received a bill explaining the charges. After a bit of effort i did eventually get access to my bills online and get a proper breakdown. I recall the standing charges were a bit and the bill seems to include a charge for refuse collection if i remember rightly. We pay around 29 euros or so every two months on our duplex when we are not there. IE Zero consumption on the meter. We find the electric bills are much heavier in terms of standing charges and after 17 months have still not managed to get a bill from the supplier. They take what they want by direct debit and I've yet to gain online access to bills. We seem to pay roughly 49 euros /two months for zero consumption of electricity. Would be curious to know if that all sounds about right to you?
Cheers keith

Sue and Barry Aug 6th 2015 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 11718195)
Hi Sue & Barry, just a thought but have you tried logging into your Ghiasa account online. I thought we were getting overcharged and we never ever received a bill explaining the charges. After a bit of effort i did eventually get access to my bills online and get a proper breakdown. I recall the standing charges were a bit and the bill seems to include a charge for refuse collection if i remember rightly. We pay around 29 euros or so every two months on our duplex when we are not there. IE Zero consumption on the meter. We find the electric bills are much heavier in terms of standing charges and after 17 months have still not managed to get a bill from the supplier. They take what they want by direct debit and I've yet to gain online access to bills. We seem to pay roughly 49 euros /two months for zero consumption of electricity. Would be curious to know if that all sounds about right to you?
Cheers keith

Hi Keith, we have a 3 bed villa with a pool and both our electricity and water bills are far higher than the amounts you have quoted. We do have on-line accounts where we can see our bills, but have trouble interpreting them. We are only at the villa for about 3 months of the year, although the pool filter system is on for a couple of hours a day throughout the year. We do have a problem with meter readings - because of where our villa is situated and difficulties with access to the property when we are not there. Our property management company take readings for us when possible and we submit them on line, although the bills don't appear to relate to the readings at all!

That's why we need a good interpreter to attempt to get this sorted out for us.

keithBT Aug 6th 2015 11:20 pm

Ouch ! Point taken. Have to agree you need a bit of help with that one. Sounds like lots of estimated bills in your case. Good luck.

Sue and Barry Aug 26th 2015 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 11718215)
Ouch ! Point taken. Have to agree you need a bit of help with that one. Sounds like lots of estimated bills in your case. Good luck.

Many thanks for the advice and info. We have found a very good translator to help us and are travelling to Huelva with her on Friday when we hope to sort out our accounts.

Teed Up Aug 28th 2015 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 11718195)
Cheers keith

Hi Keith,

You can get online access for Endesa,I have been online with them for two years now, and can see all my consumption, tariffs,monthly bills,and they email me each time my bill is due, you might find your still on the higher rate tariff with them?.

Ken.

X_OUT Sep 3rd 2015 8:49 am

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 11717696)

Heather is the wife of "BONGO DAVE" :hysterical:, you can find him every evening at supermarket.:drinkwine::drinkwine::drinkwine:

ALVALVA Sep 23rd 2015 9:27 pm

If you continous need help to understand the bills of electricity and water, I can help you. I donĀ“t speack fluently, but I understand perfectily how they work.
Though it does not consume anything, unfortunately it is necessary to pay a few fixed quantities. In addition in case of the water, it depends the people who are registered in Spain (Ayamonte).
Alberto

Spangligh Sep 24th 2015 9:26 am

Hi sue and Barry,

I would like to help you to translate your Water bill. As Alvala has writen there are several taxes which are fixed beforehand and even if your water comsuption is zero you have to pay those fixed taxes.
If you want you, we can meet one day and I'll translate the bill for you or even if need be we can talk to Ghiasa.
I'm from Niebla-county, a bit far from Ayamonte, but by email or phone we can solve it out.
It would be a pleasure for me to be helpful to our Ayamonte Club.

Sue and Barry Sep 24th 2015 9:41 am

Thank you for all offers of help/advice.

I am pleased to say that the friendly translator we contacted has managed to sort everything out for us and we are very grateful. :thumbsup:

Regards,
Sue and Barry

Spangligh Sep 26th 2015 9:23 am

Really glad to know everything was sorted out.

Please, feel free and don't hesitate to ask me for any kind of Spanish translation. It would be a pleasure for me to be helpful. Bye