Lobster Mobile

Old Mar 31st 2023, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lobster Mobile

Does anyone have personal experience good or bad of Lobster Mobile ?
Old Mar 31st 2023, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lobster Mobile

Originally Posted by UKMS
Does anyone have personal experience good or bad of Lobster Mobile ?
I use them and have to say no problems and they are ridiculously cheap.
Old Mar 31st 2023, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. And helpline is all English-speaking.
Old Apr 1st 2023, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I use them too and find the service very good. The unlimited calls to the UK are very useful when, for example, I have to ring my bank or a Government Department and the calls can be quite long. Whatsapp or skype is no good for calling entities like that.
Old Apr 1st 2023, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I use Skype for UK calls including UK Gov and it works fine for me.

I agree Whatsapp cannot be used for government calls but works perfectly OK for family calls as they are on WhatsApp.
Old Apr 1st 2023, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I use them too and find the service very good. The unlimited calls to the UK are very useful when, for example, I have to ring my bank or a Government Department and the calls can be quite long. Whatsapp or skype is no good for calling entities like that.
Absolutely. You have to wait long times and as you get unlimited calls with lobster it's perfect. Also easy to use it to contact spain if in uk as its unlimited roaming. My only fear is its simply way too good to last!!
Old Apr 1st 2023, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnyone
Absolutely. You have to wait long times and as you get unlimited calls with lobster it's perfect. Also easy to use it to contact spain if in uk as its unlimited roaming. My only fear is its simply way too good to last!!
Yes, I was in the UK last week and used it every day to ring home, and used more of my data allowance than I usually do as I didn't take my laptop with me. What really prompted me to change to Lobster was when I had to make a last minute journey to Portugal when my sister was killed there, was there several days having to ring other family in the UK and my husband back in Spain every day on my Spanish mobile, as well as some Portugese numbers for making arrangements, and used a fortune in credit. I vowed I would never be in that situation again.
Old Apr 1st 2023, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Yes, I was in the UK last week and used it every day to ring home, and used more of my data allowance than I usually do as I didn't take my laptop with me. What really prompted me to change to Lobster was when I had to make a last minute journey to Portugal when my sister was killed there, was there several days having to ring other family in the UK and my husband back in Spain every day on my Spanish mobile, as well as some Portugese numbers for making arrangements, and used a fortune in credit. I vowed I would never be in that situation again.
I was with Orange before Lobster and they had assured me they wouldn't bring in roaming charges so I signed up but suddenly they changed it with roaming charges and took away my cheap uk calls then to make matters worse they tried to placate me by givinge 2 smart watches for free. Eventually I cancelled the contract only to find they charged me for the 2 watches at twice the price you buy them at in a shop ! I was so angry and will never use them again. Lobster is much much better and lots of data too. You just contact them and they will get your old number transferred and send you a SIM- takes about 10 days. Very easy.
Old Apr 1st 2023, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
Agreed. And helpline is all English-speaking.
Should be llanito
Old Apr 1st 2023, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

A good option for people like me who rarely uses a mobile phone. I have Spanish SIM included with my Internet contract for home. This SIM gives me free unlimited calls to landline and mobiles in Spain. For calls to the UK I use an App called Moremins. I top up moremins with 4 euros a year it then allows me to phone any standard mobile or landline phone number for 2 cents per minute using my free minutes on my Spanish phone. It works fine for me good call quality no drop outs as unlike Skype etc its a phone call not using internet. It's another option and low cost for those that use phones infrequently. Here's a link in case its of use to anyone. It is only really useful though so long as your SIM card gives you free Spanish calls .
https://www.moremins.com/en​​​​​
Old Apr 1st 2023, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

rbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond repute

Great find and thanks for the heads up. Some great plus points with the Movistar based virtual service and offering all those roaming options with calls to the UK. Shame there is no way to use it with a UK number as my biggest requirements are SMS incoming and outgoing plus incoming calls on a UK number.and I'm trying to find the best way to achieve that without getting into extortionate roaming charges under the UK operators fair use policies.
Old Apr 1st 2023, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rbs_gb
Shame there is no way to use it with a UK number as my biggest requirements are SMS incoming and outgoing plus incoming calls on a UK number.and I'm trying to find the best way to achieve that without getting into extortionate roaming charges.
Try Smarty
I have a Smarty sim in my mobile alongside my Gibtelecom sim
I also use a Smarty unlimited data sim for my laptop
This is in a Mifi unit and powers all my UK data needs plus TV when in UK without the need of Fixed line ISP.
Unfortunately it only allows 12gb when roaming so early this year I used Lobster for a month.
Old Apr 1st 2023, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Lobster is today 8,79 € and 25 gbts for unlimited calls and texts in Spain or from UKwith no contract. That is ridiculously cheap!!!
Old Apr 1st 2023, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

rbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Try Smarty
I have a Smarty sim in my mobile alongside my Gibtelecom sim
I also use a Smarty unlimited data sim for my laptop
This is in a Mifi unit and powers all my UK data needs plus TV when in UK without the need of Fixed line ISP.
Unfortunately it only allows 12gb when roaming so early this year I used Lobster for a month.
Thanks for the tip but sadly Smarty have exactly the same roaming clause as most UK operators, and charge £3 per day roaming once you go over a 60 day stay. I currently have an EE plan with 180gb data for £20 per month and because it was taken out in 2007 allows me free roaming and use in the EU. The problem I have now is by moving to Spain, the fair use policy will kick in after the initial stay. Shame, because for years I've been able to connect onto the Movistar network on the EE sim and the service has been superb.
Old Apr 1st 2023, 10:52 am
Just Joined

jedflorex is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Lobster in a UK mobile perfectly well 30 minutes from the coast in Malaga, but could get no mobile signal after moving to 30 minutes from the coast Almeria, a change to MoviStar resolved that...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.