British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Living and working in Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/living-working-spain-924292/)

bobd22 May 3rd 2019 9:04 am

Re: Living and working in Spain

Originally Posted by bfg69bug (Post 12678714)
in malaga they dont care about money in the bank, the reason that they gave me was that the money could be spent tomorrow. They were looking for a provable monthly income ( full contract or pension)

That may well depend upon where in Malaga region you apply? Certainly at Torre Del Mar it is a set amount deposited in the bank ( from memory around €4000 ish), a monthly income of certain amount or own a property debt free outright which negates any income or savings needed. It really is dependant on where and even the official you deal with. The Spanish government outlines specifics the individual authorities use these as guidelines as to what they think you need.

Fred James May 3rd 2019 9:44 am

The main reason for the variety of " financial resources" used by various offices is down to the fact that the government CANNOT lay down specific requirements. That is clearly stated in the EU Residency directive.

That gives the various people who make that assessment carte blanche to make it up as they go!

bfg69bug May 4th 2019 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 12678750)
That may well depend upon where in Malaga region you apply? Certainly at Torre Del Mar it is a set amount deposited in the bank ( from memory around €4000 ish), a monthly income of certain amount or own a property debt free outright which negates any income or savings needed. It really is dependant on where and even the official you deal with. The Spanish government outlines specifics the individual authorities use these as guidelines as to what they think you need.

my old man had 5 times that in the bank, and owns the house outright.

They still said no, until they saw his pension payment going in.

Thanks to Fred - basically we can give you all advice but you need to read every one of the comments, not just take one of our experiences as gospel - we all have different experiences, sometimes in the same area and office .. But at different times of the day / week !!!

bobd22 May 4th 2019 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by bfg69bug (Post 12679226)
my old man had 5 times that in the bank, and owns the house outright.

They still said no, until they saw his pension payment going in.

I did say and can only comment on Torre Del Mar office, it is in the Malaga region which in itself is a large area. Anyone wishing to get residencia/sign the foreigners register needs to ensure they know what their individual office they sign at requires for the very reason that Fred states.