Reload this Page >

Living in Teneriffe

Living in Teneriffe

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Montisjoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Teneriffe

Hi , anyone living in Teneriffe?

We are thinking of moving there this year but are not sure yet.

Any Info?? Like can I take my 2 horses with me -

Thanks a bunch in advance
Montisjoy
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 10:18 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Teneriffe

Originally Posted by Montisjoy
Hi , anyone living in Teneriffe?

We are thinking of moving there this year but are not sure yet.

Any Info?? Like can I take my 2 horses with me -

Thanks a bunch in advance
Montisjoy
I would imagine there will be a way to get them there, but it would likely cost arms and legs.
The main connection with the Peninsula, apart from by air, is the ferry out of Cadiz which caters for the usual household pets etc., but regarding horses I don't know
I recall a couple of riding centres in Tenerife when I lived there.
I would think that the North West of the island would probably be most suitable with regard to both suitable forage and climate, especially if you're moving from the UK.
Sorry I can't help you further, maybe best if you enquire about the Cadiz to Santa Cruz/Tenerife ferry,which I think has changed hands since I last used it.
There is a specific forum relating only to TF which is usually an excellent source of information.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Montisjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I would imagine there will be a way to get them there, but it would likely cost arms and legs.
The main connection with the Peninsula, apart from by air, is the ferry out of Cadiz which caters for the usual household pets etc., but regarding horses I don't know
I recall a couple of riding centres in Tenerife when I lived there.
I would think that the North West of the island would probably be most suitable with regard to both suitable forage and climate, especially if you're moving from the UK.
Sorry I can't help you further, maybe best if you enquire about the Cadiz to Santa Cruz/Tenerife ferry,which I think has changed hands since I last used it.
There is a specific forum relating only to TF which is usually an excellent source of information.

Right thanks Dick, I think I found something north-west of the Island.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

willb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nice

Hello.

Are there any British Ex Pats living in Teneriffe, on this forum.

Whats it like over there now, we have not been there for years.

Is it more expensive in relation to the UK? What are rental properties (Not via an agent) costing nowadays. Would only rent not buy.

Any one out there want to chat about living in Teneriffe?

Would love to here your views.

Thanks.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 12:41 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willb
Hello.

Are there any British Ex Pats living in Teneriffe, on this forum.

Whats it like over there now, we have not been there for years.

Is it more expensive in relation to the UK? What are rental properties (Not via an agent) costing nowadays. Would only rent not buy.

Any one out there want to chat about living in Teneriffe?

Would love to here your views.

Thanks.
Likewise, I lived there for quite a few years but not been back for quite a while. Still miss it in some respects,especially the climate, but also the nightlife and the contrasting lovely unspoilt areas on TF itself and also neighbouring islands.

http://www.tenerifeforum.com/

May be some help.