Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Living in Spain with UK Company

Living in Spain with UK Company

Old May 15th 2007, 5:10 am
Just Joined

laurayadam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Spain with UK Company

I have a small internet based UK registered Ltd company that I can run entirely through the internet and I am considering moving to Spain to live there in order to benefit from the lower living costs.
I would like to know if I can live and work in Spain for less than 5.5 months of the year (so qualifying for non resident status) and retain my UK registered company that I would continue to work via the internet part time. I would not draw a salary or dividends from the UK company - I would just keep all the money created by my UK company in my UK business bank account and live off my earnings from my Spanish job. For the majority of the year (the other 6.5 months) I would live in the UK and be classed as resident there.
I am not trying to dodge paying taxes, but I do not want to set up a Spanish version of my company because I have heard it is a much more costly and complicated venture than setting up a UK company? And I do not want to have to pay for a Spanish accountant and go through all the complicated paperwork in the UK and Spain.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.