Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Living on La Torre

Living on La Torre

Old Aug 24th 2016, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Concord15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living on La Torre

After many years of thinking about moving to Spain me and my husband have now decided it's time to finally put our plan into action. We have visited the area many times however wonder what it's like to live permanently on La Torre. Does anyone actually live here all year round. Having never been in the winter months I would be interested to know what it's like. We plan on renting for 6 months before committing to buy.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living on La Torre

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:26 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Friends of our lived there, but sold last year.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. Did your friends find living there ok? We were out in June and had a look around a few of the golf resorts and thought La Torre looked like the best option. Interested to hear about what it's like to live there permanently.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 8:28 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

They used it as a holiday home and being keen golfers found it very convenient. They appreciated the security provided in a gated community.

They tell me that there are few permanent residents, there are many empty properties and onsite amenities are not as good as they once were.

You might like to consider Algorfa?
Old Aug 25th 2016, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks will have a look at Algorfa.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Concord15
After many years of thinking about moving to Spain me and my husband have now decided it's time to finally put our plan into action. We have visited the area many times however wonder what it's like to live permanently on La Torre. Does anyone actually live here all year round. Having never been in the winter months I would be interested to know what it's like. We plan on renting for 6 months before committing to buy.
Renting is probably your best option and as far as I can see it's €350 to rent a house or larger apartment. Don't know how it is there, but it doesn't seem like a place you'd want to live long term (buy). With so much choice, I'm sure there are nicer places to live on a permanent basis.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. Definitely will be renting before committing to purchasing a property. Have been round different areas but as everyone will know living in an area is completely different from staying for a 2 week holiday!!!
Old Aug 27th 2016, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

chris76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Concord15

I'tlll be interesting to see how this thread pans out
All being well we are planning on renting in La torre next year,we were out in june/july and we saw a few houses,for one of the detached your looking at 750e / month.

We were told theres quite a few permanent residents, we had a look round Mar menor golf resort but didnt like the feel of it compared to la torre.
Del alamo - the houses do look fantastic for the money but were told its even more desolate than la torre
Old Aug 27th 2016, 9:17 am
Just Joined

I agree the houses on del Alamo are fantastic value for money however I have also read it's quite desolate and a lot of the properties are empty and the amenities are practically non existent. This was originally our first choice however was put off by a lot of the negative comments. We too have looked at other golf resorts and as far as I can see La Torre does have more to offer.