living costs

Old Apr 4th 2019, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

baracus64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default living costs

Good evening.
can any one please help with the following advice on living costs. myself and my wife are both hoping to retire to spain in the next couple of years when our private and state pensions are due. After using some savings to buy a static home for about 50.000 eros with ground rates of about 4000 euros. we estimate that we should have about £ 22000 a year to get by on and another 8000 more per year 3 years on. would this give us a comfortable life ?
Old Apr 4th 2019, 9:26 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: living costs

You should be OK. Many people manage on less. Obviously it depends on what quality of life you want. Eating out every night and running 2 cars would be a challenge!
Old Apr 5th 2019, 6:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fred James
You should be OK. Many people manage on less. Obviously it depends on what quality of life you want. Eating out every night and running 2 cars would be a challenge!
many thanks for speedy reply. we will not be running 2 cars and do not need a lavish life style . going out twice a week is more than enough.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baracus64
Good evening.
can any one please help with the following advice on living costs. myself and my wife are both hoping to retire to spain in the next couple of years when our private and state pensions are due. After using some savings to buy a static home for about 50.000 eros with ground rates of about 4000 euros. we estimate that we should have about £ 22000 a year to get by on and another 8000 more per year 3 years on. would this give us a comfortable life ?
You say in the next couple of years but why pay ground rates, or does that include everything (water/electricity)? Otherwise you'd be better off buying the land rather than paying another mortgage.
There are some pretty good European mobile home manufacturers these days and you should be able to get a very decent one for less than 50K which is far better than the typical UK ones most people know.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

If you intend living in it full time then you will have to buy something on a proper residential site and although there are a number of them around they are still very much in the minority. This site will give you a flavour.

http://www.costadifference.com

€50k should buy you a good second hand Spanish built home.

Personally I would advise against buying an imported UK home as they are not really built for the climate and can tend to be flimsy compared to Spanish built ones.

Even after ground rent and utilities £22k should be more than adequate for a comfortable lifestyle.

Buying a plot as suggested instead of renting is not an option on any residential site I know of.

I speak as someone who had a top quality Spanish mobile home custom built just last year and have it sited on a fully legal residential site on the Costa Blanca.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

thank you for brilliant information. yes we are looking at a residential park rather than buying land as we still want to be near to people and part of some sort of community. have you any more advice or even photos of any good residential parks.
Old Apr 8th 2019, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
If you intend living in it full time then you will have to buy something on a proper residential site and although there are a number of them around they are still very much in the minority. This site will give you a flavour.

http://www.costadifference.com

€50k should buy you a good second hand Spanish built home.

Personally I would advise against buying an imported UK home as they are not really built for the climate and can tend to be flimsy compared to Spanish built ones.

Even after ground rent and utilities £22k should be more than adequate for a comfortable lifestyle.

Buying a plot as suggested instead of renting is not an option on any residential site I know of.

I speak as someone who had a top quality Spanish mobile home custom built just last year and have it sited on a fully legal residential site on the Costa Blanca.
I agree with the UK built ones but there are plenty of other manufacturers in Europe. There is a very good Polish company that builds across Europe. They use quality materials and their homes are built for either very cold winters/very hot summers and a lot cheaper. When you say proper residential site, you just mean mobile home park? Most urban plots of land would be considered residential, because you are allowed to build on them/can place a mobile home on your land. The only difference is that we are on an urbanization without paying monthly fees. You still have neighbours, a local shop etc. but the land is yours and can do what you like. €356 is pretty pricey for the location in La Posada. You are very very far from the coast and basically isolated. Taking all costs into account, you would then even be better off renting a property.

Last edited by Moses2013; Apr 8th 2019 at 7:43 am.
Old Apr 8th 2019, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks again for the advice. When we do move,we are more likely to buy an established home rather than a new build. Have you please a list of any other parks that perhaps are not so isolated .
Old Apr 8th 2019, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks again for the advice. When we do move,we are more likely to buy an established home rather than a new build. Have you please a list of any other parks that perhaps are not so isolated .
Not familiar with these kind of parks in Spain but the ones in Link were both very rural and 1 hour drive from coast. I don't live in Spain permanently but we didn't spend more than €30K total buying costs for plot of land (Selva comarca/Girona) and we're roughly 8 mins drive from coast and at least there's a bus that goes to city center (promenade) every hour.
Old May 3rd 2019, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

we should have about £ 22000 a year to get by on

Then you will have as much as a couple working 40 hrs a week in a 'basic' job.

Im sure you will live like kings on 2000 euro a month with no rent to pay.
Old May 3rd 2019, 6:57 am
Just Joined

thank you
Old May 3rd 2019, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Why spend £50k on a static caravan when you could buy an apartment for the same?
Old May 3rd 2019, 11:26 am
Just Joined

thank you for this information. I assumed that our budget would not stretch to apartments from previous questions I had asked. have you any locations I could investigate
Old May 3rd 2019, 11:47 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for this information. I assumed that our budget would not stretch to apartments from previous questions I had asked. have you any locations I could investigate
You could afford a small apartment in several smaller towns away from the coast / popular tourist spots in Costa Blanca.
Old May 3rd 2019, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bob_bob
Why spend £50k on a static caravan when you could buy an apartment for the same?
I'd rather be in a detached static than some apartment where you can hear the neighbour fart.

Last edited by Moses2013; May 3rd 2019 at 2:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.