Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Living Accommodation

Living Accommodation

Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Living Accommodation

Have spent last week around the Albir, Altea, Calpe area looking for a restaurant to purchase our Son (who is the chef) has decided he does not want to move to Spain!!! My husband and I are still thinking of moving out in January and perhaps just renting for six months and looking for perhaps a smaller property. Any suggestions please for the rental?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living Accommodation

Nobody around that area??
Old Oct 19th 2006, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Originally Posted by SueG
Nobody around that area??
Try google, there are stacks of rentals in that area, probably why you have'nt got any replies, its like asking is there any B&B's in Blackpool. Good luck.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

At least you replied and told me I was being silly.

I was hoping that perhaps someone who was living in that area might know someone who had a long term rental available.

Many thanks.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

At least you replied and told me I was being silly.

I was hoping that perhaps someone who was living in that area might know someone who had a long term rental available.

Many thanks.
Sue i would'nt be so patronising, hope you find somewhere. when me and my wife were looking a couple of years ago around the Murcia area, we flew into San Javier, the nearest hotel we could find online was in Mazzaron quite a drive at 11pm at night, on our return to San Javier we spent the day on the main beach by san javier town surrounded by Hotels about 5 mins from airport, could'nt believe it. Just shows we all need or can do with some direction. Are you only looking on the coast or open to suggestions?

Paul
Old Oct 19th 2006, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

I wasn't being patronising - I am not like that - but I would rather someone like you said to me exactly what you said and said there was plenty of rental agencies around. We had already looked on the web but I just wondered if any expats knew of any friends around that particular area that might have a property available for long term rental.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

I wasn't being patronising - I am not like that - but I would rather someone like you said to me exactly what you said and said there was plenty of rental agencies around. We had already looked on the web but I just wondered if any expats knew of any friends around that particular area that might have a property available for long term rental.
Sue i was directing that as a comment, i meant me with regards to my reply to your first post, Paul
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PaulLes
Sue i was directing that as a comment, i meant me with regards to my reply to your first post, Paul
Sorry my fault didn't realise!!!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:34 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Have spent last week around the Albir, Altea, Calpe area looking for a restaurant to purchase our Son (who is the chef) has decided he does not want to move to Spain!!! My husband and I are still thinking of moving out in January and perhaps just renting for six months and looking for perhaps a smaller property. Any suggestions please for the rental?
Hi Sue

When we were moving out to Spain we did a couple of reckies and found a private let that we lived in until we bought our house. That might be the way to go, rather than paying the fortune in deposits etc that estate agents will be asking for rentals. The other alternative is to look on various websites, find a property that you like and, as it's going to be the winter months, you might get a good deal.

Good luck

JJ
Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jjh
Hi Sue

When we were moving out to Spain we did a couple of reckies and found a private let that we lived in until we bought our house. That might be the way to go, rather than paying the fortune in deposits etc that estate agents will be asking for rentals. The other alternative is to look on various websites, find a property that you like and, as it's going to be the winter months, you might get a good deal.

Good luck

JJ
Thank you, I think we have decided to come out at the beginning of January and take a hotel for one week and look for something whilst we are there. As you say hopefully plenty of "for let" signs!!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:31 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I think we have decided to come out at the beginning of January and take a hotel for one week and look for something whilst we are there. As you say hopefully plenty of "for let" signs!!
Should be plenty of 'se aquillar' signs around. Plenty of them here on the Costa Blanca South. you should have no problems in the area you are talking about if the local Costa Blanca newspapers are any guide. They could be a useful starting place, especially the Costa Blanca News, which has a few more adverts, but is one you have to pay for. Not too sure of the free ones round there, but suspect they are the same as here, The Leader, Coast Rider, and Round Town News. All are viewable on line as well.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Should be plenty of 'se aquillar' signs around. Plenty of them here on the Costa Blanca South. you should have no problems in the area you are talking about if the local Costa Blanca newspapers are any guide. They could be a useful starting place, especially the Costa Blanca News, which has a few more adverts, but is one you have to pay for. Not too sure of the free ones round there, but suspect they are the same as here, The Leader, Coast Rider, and Round Town News. All are viewable on line as well.
Theres loads of Options on the below sites, refine your search on Virtual tourist willgive you plenty of ideas,

http://www.servihome.com/Es/apartame...ml?NuevaBusq=1

http://www.spainvillas.co.uk/Calpe/c...tea-villas.htm

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...ide-Albir.html

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...ide-Calpe.html
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:49 am
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Get talking to people and ask if they know of anything. That's what we did with the couple whose apartment we stayed in on one of our trips and they found something for us.