A Little Test

Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Val001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Little Test

See if you can figure out what these words have in common.

1. Banana
2. Dresser
3. Grammar
4. Potato
5. Revive
6. Uneven
7. Assess

Answer in a little while when you have all had a think about it.

Val
Old Jan 15th 2010, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Little Test

I'm rubbish at these things, and to prove the point....
They all have two consecutive letters reversed
1.an, na
2.es, se
3.ra, ar
etc.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:13 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

They are all a palindrome, move the 1st letter to the end, you get the word spelled backwards.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Val001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chulo
They are all a palindrome, move the 1st letter to the end, you get the word spelled backwards.
Well done chulo
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:28 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

I want to thank my mother for giving me unconditional support when I chose this crazy career. You questioned me only once. Are you sure you don't want to be a doctor? Yes, mom, I'm sure. I love you.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 4:04 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

No, they are not palindromes - they only become palindromes when you move the letter.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 4:15 pm
Banned

Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
No, they are not palindromes - they only become palindromes when you move the letter.
Well, to be completely nitpicky: They are not palindromes if you move the letter. But they are if you copy the first letter to the end.

- Eric S.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:20 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Val001
See if you can figure out what these words have in common.

1. Banana
2. Dresser
3. Grammar
4. Potato
5. Revive
6. Uneven
7. Assess

Answer in a little while when you have all had a think about it.

Val
Banana & Dresser is a fetish?
Grammer & Potato is a King Edwards?
Revive, Uneven & Assess is silicone arse implants?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 8:28 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

I want to thank my mother for giving me unconditional support when I chose this crazy career. You questioned me only once. Are you sure you don't want to be a doctor? Yes, mom, I'm sure. I love you.
Chulo, you are, for sure, quite bonkers. Don´t you have anything else going on in your life?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:17 pm
Banned

At last someone understands me.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Banana
Dresser
Grammar
Potato
Revive
Uneven
Assess

Actually they only become palindromes if you copy the letter, and who ever heard of a bananab, or grammarg, or unevenu, etc., ??
What they have in common is that they're weird because they make the same word if you move the first letter to the end then read the word from right to left. No more no less.

Last edited by fionamw; Jan 15th 2010 at 10:05 pm. Reason: grammarg!!!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:59 pm
Banned

Then there confused Palindromes

Last edited by chulo; Jan 15th 2010 at 10:01 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Then there confused Palindromes
ish!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:08 pm
Banned

Don't you mean "isi"

I bet the OP is glad they started this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.