Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Life without music.

Life without music.

Old May 25th 2013, 9:55 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Life without music.

I believe that life without music, is no life at all. It doesn't have to be Beethoven, here's one that gets me going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQLWF_ItzYs
Old May 26th 2013, 5:23 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life without music.

We can include classical if you like...

But for those who can listen to English stuff, there is always this:

Have to say I can't think of another event like the Last night of the Proms in any other country, not just Spain. Maybe the New Years' Day concert in Vienna?
Old May 26th 2013, 10:14 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

For me the Andre Rieu concerts were the highlight of TV over the Christmas period, especially the ones from his home country.

The Dutch really know how to let it all hang out and have a great time.

I see he has quite a few planned for the UK, they should be great viewing as well, providing they're not all washed out with the weather of course.
Old May 26th 2013, 11:34 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
For me the Andre Rieu concerts were the highlight of TV over the Christmas period, especially the ones from his home country.

The Dutch really know how to let it all hang out and have a great time.

I see he has quite a few planned for the UK, they should be great viewing as well, providing they're not all washed out with the weather of course.
I just loaded Spotify an hour ago... fantastic you can play any song free... Spotify was free too! Sounded great listening to forgotten oldies through the stereo!

Many know all this - but I am a techie dinosaur - so am pleased by these revelations!!

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 26th 2013 at 11:36 am.
Old May 26th 2013, 11:58 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I believe that life without music, is no life at all. It doesn't have to be Beethoven, here's one that gets me going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQLWF_ItzYs
have pondered this question and not sure if it is a cry for help.
as we get older we lose the high register of sound, the frequency response reduces and even the bass can have no timbre and becomes just a dull thud.
This problem can be brought on by high dB continuously i.e. in a factory or in the case of Phil Collins - too much loud music.

however, on a general basis, music is the human way of expressing feelings, making a sound sometimes similar to birds chatter, sometimes even emulating it. It is something that only humans can do - actually make/take an object and turn it into a sound device, birds, whales, dogs etc etc all make a sound to communicate

to not have music would be something truely horrible, but only if you have experienced it. If you are born deaf you would never know the joys and sorrows it can bring.

`
Old May 26th 2013, 2:30 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
have pondered this question and not sure if it is a cry for help.
as we get older we lose the high register of sound, the frequency response reduces and even the bass can have no timbre and becomes just a dull thud.
This problem can be brought on by high dB continuously i.e. in a factory or in the case of Phil Collins - too much loud music.

however, on a general basis, music is the human way of expressing feelings, making a sound sometimes similar to birds chatter, sometimes even emulating it. It is something that only humans can do - actually make/take an object and turn it into a sound device, birds, whales, dogs etc etc all make a sound to communicate

to not have music would be something truely horrible, but only if you have experienced it. If you are born deaf you would never know the joys and sorrows it can bring.

`
Sinatra was tone deaf but he seemed to get by alright, not that he was my cup of tea.
Old May 30th 2013, 7:42 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

If this doesn't bring tears to your eyes you're already dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyQdCJwJZck
Old May 30th 2013, 7:52 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here's a song for the 720 enthusiasts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n03g8nsaBro
Old May 30th 2013, 9:02 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, great to see another music thread at last....

Old May 31st 2013, 6:16 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the subject was MUSIC !!
Old May 31st 2013, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Life without music is one of the many good reasons for fighting the Taliban and other crazy fundamentalists. In Mali they are trying to ban the Desert Festival, one of the best in the world, and threaten to kill any musician who takes part. In Ireland in the 17th century the English tried to ban music and dancing in public. It's an essential part of life, and depriving people of it is a horrible form of suppression.
Old May 31st 2013, 4:13 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Domino
I thought the subject was MUSIC !!
Took the words right out of my mouth.

That lot would get music done away with.
Any vague resemblance to music was purely coincidental.
Old May 31st 2013, 4:18 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by HBG
If this doesn't bring tears to your eyes you're already dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyQdCJwJZck
Brings tears to my eyes every time I wander into a Karaoke joint by mistake, without my earplugs.
Old May 31st 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Meatloaf fan then, are you?

The pair of you sound just like my Dad.
Old May 31st 2013, 6:46 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Meatloaf fan then, are you?

The pair of you sound just like my Dad.
I wouldn't know meatloaf from a loaf of bread.

Stones. Animals, Manfred Mann, Procol Harum, Dave Clarke Five, etc etc from the Golden age of pop music,

C&W, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Johnie Cash, Mickey Gilley etc, from the Golden Age of C&W.

....though I also like a bit of classical and the old,dare I say Negro blues,

Another of my preferences in Post 3.

Do to be going on with ?

Oh,and I like Christmas Carols as well.
Miss the old Sally Bash coming around, something rotten.

Now why can't the Spanish do that, they have plenty of bands and it would make a change from banging their drums at Fiesta time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.