Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

life on the road

life on the road

Old Aug 9th 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

scotlass is on a distinguished road
Question life on the road

hi everybody, i am new to the forum, much prefer this one to expat focus, its all very negative on there.
Anyway my hubbie, myself and 8 yr old daughter(and my wee dog) are moving to spain next march. We are moving over in a campervan, think to the Valencia area(nothing to do with moto gp being there!!) Doing a lot of research and been learning Spanish.
Would really like to hear from anyone who has done it this way.
Quite an adventure for us, and hopefully a lot of good memories and experiences for my daughter.
Any advice on anything to do with the move appreciated.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 4:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: life on the road

Hiya Scotlass

The F1 Grand Prix is there next year as well, and the Americas Cup is returning there also.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

hi mitzyboy, thanx for answering. I know, I cant wait. t said f1 would br a street race at night, I am a big f1 fan..
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:02 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out though, Mitzy is near by and he is a funny one...................

Oh and welcome to the forum.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Watch out though, Mitzy is near by and he is a funny one...................

Oh and welcome to the forum.
Cheers Rugbymatt, am hoping all you nice people will be able to point me in the right direction with our adventure...
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:24 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

We too made the move here in 2003 in a motorhome - spent 7 months living "on the road" so to speak, though not the Valencia area. Great fun - if you want to ask anything specific, ask away!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:33 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Scotlass
We are hoping to do something similar next year - 12 months in a caravan to see how the land lies before we sell up for good here.
Well i wish you loads of love and luck and the people on here are always ready with the advice.
Go for it girl may see you around.
Love Sam
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Are you going to be living in the motorhome?
I only ask because you may have an issue with your daughters' schooling. For example, to get a child into the school, you have to produce all sorts of documentation showing that you are on the local Padron (similar to electoral register), you have to produce your NIE (Spanish fiscal number), you have to have a medical report from the local doctors, as well as being able to show that your child has private health cover or is covered under the Spanish system, and you have to produce proof that you have paid your local rates and taxes. This may all be difficult if you do not have a permanent address!
Just trying to help!
Regards
Tim

Ps, The Grand Prix next year is on a street circuit, but a night race is only a rumour!
http://www.f1-vlc.com/
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:45 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Are you going to be living in the motorhome?
I only ask because you may have an issue with your daughters' schooling.
Captain Sensible brings us back to reality
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
And don`t froget if you are now in Spain for more than three months you are deemed resident and have to apply for residencia and also matriculate your Vehicle.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
And don`t froget if you are now in Spain for more than three months you are deemed resident and have to apply for residencia and also matriculate your Vehicle.
Mitzy is still a hippy at heart, free love, free lifestyle, free everything............
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:16 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh but we need to know the sensibles as well coz us thats not there yet are learning from you guys that are. So keep em coming the more you tell us the better prepared we can be .
Love Sam
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Yeh but we need to know the sensibles as well coz us thats not there yet are learning from you guys that are. So keep em coming the more you tell us the better prepared we can be .
Love Sam
Read the free beer thread and tell me if anything you want to know is missing....
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Now that is something that I have NEVER been called!
It is a valid point though!

Tim
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:25 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by jdr
Read the free beer thread and tell me if anything you want to know is missing.... http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif
Thanks jdr
We've found out loads of stuff from off there that we hadnt even thought about - brilliant idea whoever set it up and well done to the people who have contributed to it it is invaluable.
Love to all
Sam

PS love the pic - got that on my msn but dint know you could do em on ere as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.