Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

LHD sales in UK?

LHD sales in UK?

Old Dec 10th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of
Default LHD sales in UK?

I did see a thread before, but can't find it now.Can anyone give me recommendations for LHD sales in UK (to bring to Spain)
Old Dec 10th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LHD sales in UK?

Hi Linda

We have been dealing with a company called TTMotors..found them on web. PLEASE be careful though. There is one company that has a terrible history, and has lots of different company mnames, but the same postal address..I will PM you their details if you want??

We also made enquiries with a company called 1st car imports, but they weren't able to source the make of vehicle we were after.
Sally
Old Dec 10th 2007, 2:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
I did see a thread before, but can't find it now.Can anyone give me recommendations for LHD sales in UK (to bring to Spain)
You know that you'll have to own the car for 6 months before you bring it here, to avoid paying import registration tax, dont you?

http://www.lhdplace.com/
http://www.cheshamlhdcentre.co.uk/
http://www.heathrowcarcentre.co.uk/26840/heathrowcc.htm
http://www.heathrowcarcentre.co.uk/26840/heathrowcc.htm
Old Dec 10th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Would appreciate that Sally. Yes Mitzy,not coming to till next august so won't need it 6 months prior. Did i not read somewhere here just need to lie low for 6 months!! Thanks for the addressess
Old Dec 10th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Have PM'd you Linda!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wink Re: LHD sales in UK?

Thanks for the PM Sally
Old Dec 10th 2007, 4:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Would appreciate that Sally. Yes Mitzy,not coming to till next august so won't need it 6 months prior. Did i not read somewhere here just need to lie low for 6 months!! Thanks for the addressess
Wel .... yes .... thats done by some, but lying low here isn't quite as easy as that, as you are randomly stopped by the Police anywhere, any time, and asked to produce your documents ....
Old Dec 10th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi linda Coyle,

People I know used this company..said they were good and got a good car from them...and it's still running !!!...in Spain, no problemo.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for all your replies. I have looked on google for sales in Spain and still think i would be cheaper buying in uk and paying the import tax. Plenty time to think about it, just like to look around and plan for the future
Old Dec 10th 2007, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

If you go on the auto trader website and put LHD in the keyword search box you can have a look at all the LHD cars available within a certain radius of where you live.
Beware though, I went to look at one that had come back from Spain that looked just right, however when I inspected the V5 it looked to me like a forgery, so I walked away. I'm not sure if HPI would show up a stolen continental car!

LHD prices are definately firming up in the UK too, sometimes you have to pay a premium, I think there is definately an increasing demand for them from potential expats.

Good luck!
Ste.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

I've been stopped by the police (I've never been stopped in the UK in 20 years) - thankfully we drive legal Spanish cars - but they do regular on-the-spot checks in the area all the time.

Another local Brit had a similar idea to you - that is to bring a car over and hope no-one spots it. Trouble is, after a recent minor accident where the police attended things have started to get rather complicated for that individual.

Driving a UK plated car when you are a Spanish resident (after a month IIRC) is against the law... Yes, plenty do it, but you will be breaking the law - and it only takes a bump or a random check to create a major headache...

Please bear it in mind!
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twyntub
I've been stopped by the police (I've never been stopped in the UK in 20 years) - thankfully we drive legal Spanish cars - but they do regular on-the-spot checks in the area all the time.

Another local Brit had a similar idea to you - that is to bring a car over and hope no-one spots it. Trouble is, after a recent minor accident where the police attended things have started to get rather complicated for that individual.

Driving a UK plated car when you are a Spanish resident (after a month IIRC) is against the law... Yes, plenty do it, but you will be breaking the law - and it only takes a bump or a random check to create a major headache...

Please bear it in mind!
Especially if its a nice one and they take it off you and give it to the Marbella Mayor. ;-))
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Hi linda Coyle,

People I know used this company..said they were good and got a good car from them...and it's still running !!!...in Spain, no problemo.

I bought a Ford Focus Ghia from these guys 4 years ago, it was previously registered in France, been an absolute gem of a car and still got it!!
Reregistered no problem in Spain, I dont know about that 6 Month rule, it certainly didnt apply when I rereg, the only thing that stopped me paying the Tax, was the Declaracion de Bajo, which has been welll explained on another thread on this forum,
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Hi Linda,
I bought my new LHD from my local Renault dealer. The plus points are that the headlights are already LHD (the garage fitted beambenders) and the speedo/mileometer can easily be changed to Km from mph (it tells you how to do it in the handbook) Ask if they have had a cancelled order, but don't appear too keen. I was happy with the amount of money I saved.
Please let us know how you get on.
J.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmbo
Hi Linda,
I bought my new LHD from my local Renault dealer. The plus points are that the headlights are already LHD (the garage fitted beambenders) and the speedo/mileometer can easily be changed to Km from mph (it tells you how to do it in the handbook) Ask if they have had a cancelled order, but don't appear too keen. I was happy with the amount of money I saved.
Please let us know how you get on.
J.
Some new cars can be had quite cheaply here in Spain if you're prepared to haggle. I walked into our local Ford dealer and within 5 minutes got 22% off the list price - a new 2008 model year car for less than they were selling the 2005 cars second hand on the forecourt!

In the end, though, we opted to go second hand and bought our cars through local garages rather than a main dealer franchise. There are plenty of deals locally, bear in mind probably 99% of small dealers won't have a web site and the 1% that do seem to give tourist prices! "Internet prices" in the UK generally means cheaper. "Internet prices" in Spain generally means more expensive unless the site is only in Spanish.

Our main reasons for buying second hand? The main reason was the driving (or rather the parking!). An added bonus is that we saved enough money to buy a swimming pool next year.

Thinking of parking your car at the Supermarket? It'd be safer to enter a demolition derby! People around here don't need ultrasonic parking aids - they accurately position their cars relative to those around them using the 'bumper-car' technique. And there's nothing more comforting than a firm 'thud' sound to know that you've opened the doors as widely as they'll go.

Fancy stopping on the street whilst you pick up a paper? Better get that T-cut ready! Got electrically heated, self dimming, and motorised door mirrors? I'd order the spare parts off of eBay right now!

Our second hand cars came complete with dings and scratches. So when driving in Elche less than 24 hours after picking up one of our cars and a motorcyclist literally 'fell' off his bike in the stationary traffic and landed on our car we weren't worried!

It's what's known as 'peace of mind motoring'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.