The Levante

Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:19 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Levante

The Levante seems more prevalent this year than I've ever known it. Is this usual? It's driving my cat and dog quite mad, and I'm not feeling too good either. :scared:
Old Aug 5th 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Levante

I think so too. Can definitely not remember it being this bad last summer! My Spanish teacher said that it was predicted that this summer would have much levante......levante here or rain at home, what a choice.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

The Selkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glynis
I think so too. Can definitely not remember it being this bad last summer! My Spanish teacher said that it was predicted that this summer would have much levante......levante here or rain at home, what a choice.
Ob viously stupid but what is The Levante?
Old Aug 6th 2005, 2:46 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Selkie
Ob viously stupid but what is The Levante?
Hi, the Levante is an easterly wind that blows around these parts. Up until yesterday, for 3 days, it was blowing furiously and it was a hot wind too. Sand everywhere in the house. It's apparently much worse down the coast in Tarifa. Hope that helps.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Rossi46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjh
Hi, the Levante is an easterly wind that blows around these parts. Up until yesterday, for 3 days, it was blowing furiously and it was a hot wind too. Sand everywhere in the house. It's apparently much worse down the coast in Tarifa. Hope that helps.
In Español el Levante is a rising wind. Do you remember all our cars over here
covered with a red dust many years ago? This was due to the wind blowing the dust over the peninsula and dumping it over the UK.
Regards.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

The Levante wind comes from the Levant or East ! There is a graphic and description here: http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/~medex/tu.../wind_lev.html
In the winter, it can be a real blast of cold air and in the summer it can bring a few days of dust laden hot air. There are many regional winds around the Med. also. I can think of the Mistral that wreaks havoc down the Rhone basin and elsewhere. Then there is the other sort of wind ..........
Old Aug 7th 2005, 10:29 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nige
The Levante wind comes from the Levant or East ! There is a graphic and description here: http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/~medex/tu.../wind_lev.html
In the winter, it can be a real blast of cold air and in the summer it can bring a few days of dust laden hot air. There are many regional winds around the Med. also. I can think of the Mistral that wreaks havoc down the Rhone basin and elsewhere. Then there is the other sort of wind ..........
Nige you are such a gold mine of information, thanks.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Rossi46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjh
Nige you are such a gold mine of information, thanks.
SÃ* creo que nige es correcto.
Saludos
John.