Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

legal requirements for rentals?

legal requirements for rentals?

Old May 27th 2006, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Default legal requirements for rentals?

Can anyone tell me what I need to do if I want to rent out our little cassita, short term b&b/self catering type of thing? I want to advertise and don't want to get any hot water for not having the appropriate paperwork......'cos there sure as hell must be lots of paperwork involved!
Cheers,
Mary
Old May 28th 2006, 1:38 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future
Default Re: legal requirements for rentals?

Originally Posted by maryg
Can anyone tell me what I need to do if I want to rent out our little cassita, short term b&b/self catering type of thing? I want to advertise and don't want to get any hot water for not having the appropriate paperwork......'cos there sure as hell must be lots of paperwork involved!
Cheers,
Mary
I'm no expert but one thing I have picked up on - and I wanted you to be awre of - is the fact if people stay more than 12 months they get all sorts of rights including option to buy etc - seemed to me to have someone in for 12 months max and then get new tenants - sounds harsh but seemed difficult to get them out once you go over the 12 month mark.

Mark
Old May 28th 2006, 2:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GCM
I'm no expert but one thing I have picked up on - and I wanted you to be awre of - is the fact if people stay more than 12 months they get all sorts of rights including option to buy etc - seemed to me to have someone in for 12 months max and then get new tenants - sounds harsh but seemed difficult to get them out once you go over the 12 month mark.

Mark
I dont even think it has to be 12 months.
Old May 28th 2006, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

amanda&charles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
I dont even think it has to be 12 months.
No need to evict your tenants before the 12 months are up. Just do the contract for 11 months and then renew it every 11 months.
Old May 28th 2006, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

Originally Posted by amanda&charles
No need to evict your tenants before the 12 months are up. Just do the contract for 11 months and then renew it every 11 months.
We were only thinking about short term rentals.....few days/weeks etc or B&B/ self catering. Basically accomodation for people looking around the murcia region who were looking to buy property and just having a scout around.. . There seems to be a bit of a boom in houses for sale in Murcia at the moment. I wouldn't want to get involved with long term rentals as the house is within the grounds of our main house.

Mary
Old May 28th 2006, 7:31 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: legal requirements for rentals?

I think you'll find loads of places to rent so the market is quite full. But here is a web site to help you price the market

http://www.toprural.com/es.cfm?accio...ia&idp=30&mc=n
Old May 28th 2006, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maryg
Can anyone tell me what I need to do if I want to rent out our little cassita, short term b&b/self catering type of thing?
Hi maryg,
Have you asked at your local tourist information office? I'm not sure if each autonomous region will have their own rules and regulations to follow.
Regards,
Carol
Old May 29th 2006, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi maryg,
Have you asked at your local tourist information office? I'm not sure if each autonomous region will have their own rules and regulations to follow.
Regards,
Carol
I think that will be my step...thanks. We have a tourist office in the town, and I know there are a few rentals available in our localality that are linked via the official town hall website for our town. So that will be step 2.

{I think you'll find loads of places to rent so the market is quite full. But here is a web site to help you price the market
http://www.toprural.com/es.cfm?acci...cia&idp=30&mc=n}
Thanks for the link.....good guide to prices, cheers

Last edited by maryg; May 29th 2006 at 8:26 am.