Legal Question

Old Jul 19th 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

17polarbear is a jewel in the rough17polarbear is a jewel in the rough17polarbear is a jewel in the rough17polarbear is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Legal Question

A question for any legal eagles out there, I have had my villa painted by the Andura Abroad, No Need To Paint company, guaranteed 15 years, this was last year.

Lo and behold, the paint is literally falling off the wall yet they determine that because the chap that sold it to me has returned to the UK, the guarantee is invalid, despite his having signed a document stating 'for and on behalf of...' so, is there a legal stance on this in Spain?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 4:12 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal Question

Originally Posted by 17polarbear
A question for any legal eagles out there, I have had my villa painted by the Andura Abroad, No Need To Paint company, guaranteed 15 years, this was last year.

Lo and behold, the paint is literally falling off the wall yet they determine that because the chap that sold it to me has returned to the UK, the guarantee is invalid, despite his having signed a document stating 'for and on behalf of...' so, is there a legal stance on this in Spain?
did he work for them or was he a franchisee

I don't know if makes a difference, but it might...

in any case - ask for the complaints book - the hojas de reclamación as a first step

Last edited by lynnxa; Jul 19th 2012 at 4:15 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

17polarbear is a jewel in the rough17polarbear is a jewel in the rough17polarbear is a jewel in the rough17polarbear is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lynnxa
did he work for them or was he a franchisee

I don't know if makes a difference, but it might...

in any case - ask for the complaints book - the hojas de reclamación as a first step
Thanks for that, I will call in their offices asap and start the process off.
I am also not sure whether it being a franchise makes any difference, but either way, I would have thought that the 'parent' company were still responsible.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 5:46 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Happened to a lot of people on the CDS. Those never paint again co's are a complete scam. The paint does more harm than good
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

well, be warned folks, it hasn't gone away, they are still out there.