Reload this Page >

Left holding the baby

Wikiposts

Left holding the baby

Old Nov 9th 2010, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Left holding the baby

I read a lot of books, especially around genetics and anthropology and keep the info I find interesting in my brain

I was under the impression we all originated from Africa not India
Old Nov 9th 2010, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surreygirl
I read a lot of books, especially around genetics and anthropology and keep the info I find interesting in my brain

I was under the impression we all originated from Africa not India
Yes, all humans originate from Africa

The first migrations were from Africa to India (well, the sub-continent). From India people continued to the Far East - and later on, some went to Europe from India. Migration to Europe coincided with the end of the last ice age, although a few humans and neandathal remains have been found from before this time, but conditions were very dificult

Last edited by cricketman; Nov 9th 2010 at 11:35 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:00 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

The outward spread of the earth mother’s descendents from Ethiopia is well researched and documented, somewhat confused by the Neanderthals of late, but the earliest inhabitants of the Iberian Peninsula did not get there via India, that much is certain.

For one thing, it would have increased their journey tenfold. And the physical changes due to climate further rule out such a connection, western Mediterranean features do not resemble Asian features and if the complex studies of genetics are taken into account the modern Spaniard is European, not Asian.

The Vikings considerable influence as well as the proximity of north Africa are also important factors, but the far-away people from India have nothing to do with Spanish identity.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
The outward spread of the earth mother’s descendents from Ethiopia is well researched and documented, somewhat confused by the Neanderthals of late, but the earliest inhabitants of the Iberian Peninsula did not get there via India, that much is certain.

For one thing, it would have increased their journey tenfold. And the physical changes due to climate further rule out such a connection, western Mediterranean features do not resemble Asian features and if the complex studies of genetics are taken into account the modern Spaniard is European, not Asian.

The Vikings considerable influence as well as the proximity of north Africa are also important factors, but the far-away people from India have nothing to do with Spanish identity.

You are out of date my friend. Here is one source, but I could quote many:

"Paleoanthropologists long thought that the peopling of Europe followed a route from North Africa through the Levant. But genetic data show that the DNA of today's western Eurasians resembles that of people in India. It's possible that an inland migration from Asia seeded Europe between 40,000 and 30,000 years ago."

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ng...ture2/map.html
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

There are many Neanderthals living near me.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:21 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Left holding the baby

Originally Posted by cricketman
You are out of date my friend. Here is one source, but I could quote many:

"Paleoanthropologists long thought that the peopling of Europe followed a route from North Africa through the Levant. But genetic data show that the DNA of today's western Eurasians resembles that of people in India. It's possible that an inland migration from Asia seeded Europe between 40,000 and 30,000 years ago."

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ng...ture2/map.html
I could quote just as many, my friend, to prove the exact opposite. The study of genetics and DNA is a very recent one, anthropology and common sense has been around for a bit longer.

But neither are anywhere near a final conclusion, it’s taken 15 billion years to invent an atom collider to simulate the Big Bang.

In the meantime we ought to stick with common sense, Spanish people do not look like Indians and Swedish people do not look like Albanians.

If you can’t tell the difference between the Lone Ranger and Tonto, you’re tonto.

Please note the Smilie at the top.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future

Comming back to our century/decade it seems that Roma people preserved their customes very well. Throughout the history that's how they are remembered by: stealing, being "truthful".
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:51 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
It was your sweeping statement that we are all Indo Europeans...
Old Nov 10th 2010, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future

What indians really master is music. And I am not only talking about Flamenco, but their traditional music with sitar, tabla, it is beautiful.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 7:09 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by labus
What indians really master is music. And I am not only talking about Flamenco, but their traditional music with sitar, tabla, it is beautiful.
Beautiful it maybe, in certain circumstances (I suppose )but it can be very samey, give me the good old British and American music any day.

I am not a big fan of flamecno either.

Although a bit of Norah Jones music is always welcome.

Last edited by JLFS; Nov 10th 2010 at 7:11 am.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 7:31 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Beautiful it maybe, in certain circumstances (I suppose )but it can be very samey, give me the good old British and American music any day.

Old Nov 10th 2010, 7:38 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS

Heard the new one?

... with Dolly.... brilliant
Old Nov 10th 2010, 7:41 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, I like all kinds of music, but Jimmy Shand’s Blue Bell Polka is very listenable, as is Chas n Dave’s London Girls, the Sash brings me to my knees, and Bubbles makes me cry.

I think I’ve lost the plot, do we hate foreigners? Gippos? Guiries? Irish Tinkers? Nazies? Spades?

It’s dangerous territory, best left to sheep farmers in green wellies who don’t offend anyone.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 7:45 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Well, I like all kinds of music, but Jimmy Shand’s Blue Bell Polka is very listenable, as is Chas n Dave’s London Girls, the Sash brings me to my knees, and Bubbles makes me cry.

I think I’ve lost the plot, do we hate foreigners? Gippos? Guiries? Irish Tinkers? Nazies? Spades?
It’s dangerous territory, best left to sheep farmers in green wellies who don’t offend anyone.
Never mind the green wellies, are you wearing your hard had?

Coz if not, the "offended on behalf of others" will get ya.......
Old Nov 10th 2010, 7:48 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Heard the new one?

... with Dolly.... brilliant
Sorry, don`t like it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.