Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Left holding the baby

Left holding the baby

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 1:34 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Left holding the baby

A 10-year -old Romanian girl has given birth to a healthy baby in a hospital in Jerez de La Frontera in southwestern Spain.

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/expat/anna...ding-the-baby/

Apologies if this has been discussed already in the forum. Has this story seen much reaction in Spain? How do you react to it?
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Left holding the baby

Well apparently she has only been in Spain for three weeks, the Spanish have reacted as any normal sane person would. She is Romanian not Spanish
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

According to today's papers, there were over 800 mothers aged fifteen or under, and reading the comments, they must all be immigrants, no Spanish amongst them!
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/8618...nores/riesgos/
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
According to today's papers, there were over 800 mothers aged fifteen or under, and reading the comments, they must all be immigrants, no Spanish amongst them!
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/8618...nores/riesgos/
Yes although if you look carefully, there were only 800 births aged under 16 (it included those aged 15)

"En España, en 2008, se registraron 177 partos de menores de 15 años, según el Instituto Nacional de Estadística (INE). Además, 539 adolescentes de 15 años dieron a luz"

The highest rate of teenage pregnancies in the Western World is in the USA, followed by the UK.

The UK has a teenage mum rate that is FOUR TIMES THAT OF SPAIN. Wikipedia is our friend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_pregnancy

Spain has a very low teenage pregnancy rate. Teenage mums do tend to be foreigners (Romanians or Latin Americans) or Spanish gypsies. Probably because it is a still a scandel to have a child who is unmarried and pregnant in Spain for many families.

Good to be back
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Youve been missed.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 6:08 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently, this is quite normal in Romania, and it is well beyond my comprehension.

Cricketman’s statistics are not surprising, there are far more single young mothers in the UK than in Spain and I haven’t got that from statistics or newspapers, I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

Of course there are reasons for the numbers, Spain has a tradition of closer family involvement and parents tend to get more respect from their children, and Spanish single mothers are not supplied with free accommodation and enough money for fags, vodka and dope for the rest of their lives, as they are in the UK.

We have broken parents producing broken children in the UK on a frightening scale and the state has so far tried to help them, as they should, but the abuses are horrendous. I’m not joking about the fags, vodka and dope, we have an underclass perpetuating the situation all over the UK.

My apologies to the genuine single mums who bring up their children in poor circumstances as best they can.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

AlanGNW will become famous soon enough

It's shocking story. But having spent a fair bit of time in Romania this is no more normal than it would be in the UK amongst 'regular' Romanians (age of consent 15). The article doesn't say but I'd hazard a guess that the child was a Romany to whom the law turns a blind eye and child marriages are not uncommon...

Let's not forget just who has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe - http://www.whychurch.org.uk/teenpreg.php as has already been said.

It says much about the Spanish way of life it is so much lower here given that the headline legal age of consent is 13.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HBG
Apparently, this is quite normal in Romania, and it is well beyond my comprehension.

You're quite wrong.
Romania doesn't allow marriage between minors. Only if the mother is pregnant but over 16 I think, though I presume they aligned to European Union laws.
But we are speaking about gypsies here who don't like to obey any laws but their own. In their world they can marry at 10, unofficially of course and they produce children thy don't declare. So how can government apply a law if they don't have any clue of what happens in the gypsy comunity?
Old Nov 4th 2010, 5:26 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by labus
You're quite wrong.
Romania doesn't allow marriage between minors. Only if the mother is pregnant but over 16 I think, though I presume they aligned to European Union laws.
But we are speaking about gypsies here who don't like to obey any laws but their own. In their world they can marry at 10, unofficially of course and they produce children thy don't declare. So how can government apply a law if they don't have any clue of what happens in the gypsy comunity?
It's not me that's quite wrong, it's the Telegraph, that's where I got my information from.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:22 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
A 10-year -old Romanian girl has given birth to a healthy baby in a hospital in Jerez de La Frontera in southwestern Spain.

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/expat/anna...ding-the-baby/

Apologies if this has been discussed already in the forum. Has this story seen much reaction in Spain? How do you react to it?
The father is going to pay for the child, he is getting a paper round, and going to sell his lego and skateboard to buy necessities for the baby,
Old Nov 4th 2010, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
The father is going to pay for the child, he is getting a paper round, and going to sell his lego and skateboard to buy necessities for the baby,

If he's Romanian it's more likely he is selling someone else's lego and skateboard
Old Nov 4th 2010, 7:28 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

My son is 30 and still buys lego.....
Old Nov 5th 2010, 5:24 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
My son is 30 and still buys lego.....
you do know he's going have you for telling the world, don't you
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
If he's Romanian it's more likely he is selling someone else's lego and skateboard
Racial profiling?

Last edited by labus; Nov 5th 2010 at 12:14 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:50 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by labus
Racial profiling?
Well I expect we all know by now that they're as honest as the day is long.

Always found it very strange however, that whichever EU country I've stopped off in, the very mention of that particular nationality makes ppl. cringe in horror, most especially the local police forces.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.