Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Learning Spanish in Javea

Learning Spanish in Javea

Old Feb 8th 2014, 11:23 am
Just Joined

caissa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Learning Spanish in Javea

I am looking at retirement in Javea - part of my plan is to take regular Spanish lessons.
Any recommendations ( or otherwise ) re the language schools in or near Javea will be most welcome.
Thanks.
Caissa
Old Feb 8th 2014, 12:16 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Learning Spanish in Javea

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 8th 2014, 12:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Lynnxa who is a member on here has lived in Javea for 10 years and gives Spanish lessons so hopefully she will see your post and respond soon.

Rosemary
Old Feb 8th 2014, 4:04 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Lynnxa who is a member on here has lived in Javea for 10 years and gives Spanish lessons so hopefully she will see your post and respond soon.

Rosemary
thanks Rosemary

Caissa - send me a PM when you have access to the facility & we can have a 'chat' about the different classes I have available

& please - anything you want to know about Jávea, just ask!
Old Feb 9th 2014, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi Lynnxa,
Thanks for your prompt response.
Unfortunately I can't send a PM yet as I haven't posted 3 messages.
If possible,please give some general information on this public forum eg
Are your classes group / individual / both ?
Where do you hold your classes ?
If group classes - which days ?
Rough cost for individual / group lessons ?
Thanks in advance,
caissa
Old Feb 9th 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by caissa
Hi Lynnxa,
Thanks in advance,
caissa
How long before you retire and make the move over to Spain? Have you found yourself somewhere to live yet or are you searching? What is it that made you pick Javea?

Rosemary
Old Feb 9th 2014, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynnxa,
Thanks in advance,
caissa
Simply post another message, job done! I wouldn't expect the lady to discuss her charges on this forum.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 3:25 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynnxa,
Thanks in advance,
caissa
Hi Caissa

I have lots of groups of different levels from total beginners to intermediate+ - I also do one to one or couples - or small, closed groups when my timetable permits

The group classes take place at regular times, both mornings & evenings, Mondays to Fridays

all my classes take place in the port
Old Feb 9th 2014, 5:17 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by agoreira
Simply post another message, job done! I wouldn't expect the lady to discuss her charges on this forum.

I did recently find out what another local language teacher was charging for one to one.... & I was gobsmacked

her hourly fee was so high it might go some way to explaining why I have a waiting list & she is almost begging for work

that & my good rep
Old Feb 9th 2014, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa

I did recently find out what another local language teacher was charging for one to one.... & I was gobsmacked
Yes, some ask crazy prices, even skype type classes where they don't even have to leave home, but I guess if they are getting regular clients, why not? I've said before, I used an excellent guy from Guatemala for a while using skype and he was cheap as chips. Here in UK we are very lucky to have the services of a near ex neighbour, a Spanish lady teacher, who is excellent and charges us a very modest amount.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 6:40 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by agoreira
Yes, some ask crazy prices, even skype type classes where they don't even have to leave home, but I guess if they are getting regular clients, why not? I've said before, I used an excellent guy from Guatemala for a while using skype and he was cheap as chips. Here in UK we are very lucky to have the services of a near ex neighbour, a Spanish lady teacher, who is excellent and charges us a very modest amount.
yes, you are lucky

I actually charge more for skype lessons (when I have time to do them) & prefer to only do this with students I have met in person when they are away

it's much harder work than face to face

the teacher I mentioned isn't getting the work though - she's just over priced for the market
Old Feb 12th 2014, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Thank you , Lynnxa , for replying with more details about your teaching - I found your website also which was very useful.
I hope one day soon to make contact with you in Javea and commence Spanish lessons.
Regards,
Caissa
Old Feb 12th 2014, 6:17 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Thank you , Lynnxa , for replying with more details about your teaching - I found your website also which was very useful.
I hope one day soon to make contact with you in Javea and commence Spanish lessons.
Regards,
Caissa
looking forward to it

keep an eye on my link though, because I'm working on a more user-friendly-for-students website which should go live in a few weeks