Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Tuco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Learning Spanish - Great Website

If you want to learn Spanish, I think this is a very good website to use:

http://www.duolingo.com/
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Learning Spanish - Great Website

Yes that's a good one... there's also Spanish Dict... Babbel.. and many others.. I have loads on my pc.. it's good to have various ones for when the attention span is limited, as mine is quite often.. but I'm getting there slowly... buenas noches xxxx
Old Nov 5th 2013, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

jespansh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Doris and Tuco, my name is Jesús a native spanish who would like to know what is the most important for you at the time to learn Spanish, and which is your willing to learn it.
I´m making researches for my blog in wich I offer spanish lessons trough Skype person to person, non groups.
I would kindly ask for your help for you to answer.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jespansh
Hi Doris and Tuco, my name is Jesús a native spanish who would like to know what is the most important for you at the time to learn Spanish, and which is your willing to learn it.
I´m making researches for my blog in wich I offer spanish lessons trough Skype person to person, non groups.
I wish you luck, Jesús, but it won't be easy, the internet is saturated with people offering Spanish lessons, and they aren't cheap. Some are charging €30 an hour, which is about twice what we pay our Spanish teacher, and that is between four of us. I'd always advise people to do a skype exchange with a native Spanish person, half in English, half in Spanish, and it's free! I even had some skype 1-2-1 classes with a language school in Guatamala several years ago, really cheap and really good. ¡que tengas mucha suerte!
Old Nov 5th 2013, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment I really can't commit to anything as I am busy moving and other things... but will keep you in mind Jesus..
Thanks x
Old Nov 5th 2013, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Learning Spanish - Great Website

By the way Agoreira, nothing in this life is easy, I know it well because I´m 44 y.o., graphologist, and have enough experience in life. But I really appreciate your words. Always there will be someone interested on new things and this is exactly what I offer.
Again Thanks a lot for your comment.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tuco
If you want to learn Spanish, I think this is a very good website to use:

http://www.duolingo.com/
This one has a certain similarity to the Rosetta Stone method I think. I'm giving it a try. Nice to be able to take a test to leapfrog stuff I already know.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

By the way Agoreira, nothing in this life is easy, I know it well because I´m 44 y.o., graphologist, and have enough experience in life. But I really appreciate your words. Always there will be someone interested on new things and this is exactly what I offer.
Again Thanks a lot for your comment.
I know all about life being tough, I'm considerably older than you, so have a little experience myself. It's a good idea, skype classes, there is very little investment, you can set up at home, all you need is to persuade customers to come to you. You are not really offering anything new, skype classes have been running for many years, they all adjust the teaching to reflect the students ability and a quick google of "skype spanish classes" brings up over 400,000 hits, so as I said, there is a lot of competition. But good luck, I'll have a look at your webpage.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot for your experience Agoreira, and it´s not an ironic way of speaking. I checked what you said and there are a lot of free sites, for free, even cheaper than me, and I´m not triyng to convince anyone. Just need to know what people want to learn when the come to Spain, because each person has different needs. Someone come only to work, others only for hollydays, and so on. So My intention was only to ask if someone want to help with this. maybe my comments where not posted on the right place, but of course I keep offering what I said before.
So Rafikiphoto this goes for you: Wellcome to the leapfrog. I found some mistakes on that site you mentioned, but probably I´ll make some too, so Why not to try then? Starting with Hola!!

See you soon
Old Nov 6th 2013, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Tuco is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there Jésus (it took me half an hour to work out how to do the ´ accent on my keyboard!) for me at the moment I'm just trying to learn basic Spainsh via Duolingo, I try to do 30m -1 hour a day.

When we make the move to Spain I would like to continue and maybe have lessons, but that won't be till late 2014 early 2015, appreciate the offer and good luck.

Can you post your blog details?

Yesterday the word "potato" came up and Duolingo had the translation as "La Papa" it seems that many Latin American countries use this but Spain (according to the discussion) mainly uses "Patata"............there seem to be lots of different interpretations and useage varying from country to country and region to region
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Hi Tuco,
Thanks a lot for your wishes. As you said it took half an hour to do the accent, it´s a grammar stuf, wich you must not give too much meaning on starting. But it depends on what you want to learn and how. My wife, wich is from Poland and came to Spain last year started with Duolingo, and could manage to say come sentences, but nothing else.
What you commet about "Papa" and "Patata" it´s true. When it comes to certain words, there are few meanings, but it depends on the context, and the region.
As an example the Place where I live: Vejer de la Frontera, in Cadiz, is used both, papa and patata.

Last edited by Fred James; Nov 6th 2013 at 9:37 am. Reason: Please don't post links to your commercial site - advertising is not allowed.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Tuco,
As an example the Place where I live: Vejer de la Frontera, in Cadiz, is used both, papa and patata.
I know Vejer well, we have stayed there many times. We were there in May, staying in Casa del Califa. Nice town!
The link to your webpage was removed, but I tried it before it was removed and found nothing there.
Can you send me a PM (mensaje privado) with a link?

Last edited by agoreira; Nov 6th 2013 at 10:17 am.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

I can not send you P.M., because you´ve blocked this option. so if you want to receive it. Just write me trough my profile. I have this option unlocked.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

To the moderator of this Thread Mr Fred James
Please excuse me by this mistake. I didn´t know it.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can not send you P.M., because you´ve blocked this option. so if you want to receive it. Just write me trough my profile. I have this option unlocked.
Ah, you're right, it is blocked, that's to keep the nutters out! Try it now, it should work for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.