Reload this Page >

Lawyers for property purchase Altea area Spain

Lawyers for property purchase Altea area Spain

Old Oct 23rd 2004, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

xirles is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Lawyers for property purchase Altea area Spain

Hi,

We are buying a property off plan near Altea/Albir Costa Blanca and wondered if anyone could recommend a reputable/reliable lawyer. I constantly read that we should not use the one linked to our estate agent so any advice would be gratefully received. We are due to complete the purchase in May 2005.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

XXPEBXX has a brilliant futureXXPEBXX has a brilliant futureXXPEBXX has a brilliant futureXXPEBXX has a brilliant futureXXPEBXX has a brilliant futureXXPEBXX has a brilliant futureXXPEBXX has a brilliant future
Cool Re: Lawyers for property purchase Altea area Spain

Yes do get a lawyer - do not rely on an estate agent

FIPE - Fundacion Instituto de Propretorios Extranjeros see www.fipe.org will supply a list of lawyers in Altea

Suggest you join the organisation - they are actually located in Altea . You can send them a copy of your contract and they will give advice

Old Oct 24th 2004, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

xirles is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Lawyers for property purchase Altea area Spain

Originally Posted by XXPEBXX
Yes do get a lawyer - do not rely on an estate agent

FIPE - Fundacion Instituto de Propretorios Extranjeros see www.fipe.org will supply a list of lawyers in Altea

Suggest you join the organisation - they are actually located in Altea . You can send them a copy of your contract and they will give advice

Many thanks for the advice and information. I have filled in the application form to join and will visit their main office with a copy of our contract when we are in Altea in 2 weeks time.
It is reassuring to know that there are people like you out there with this knowledge.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lawyers for property purchase Altea area Spain

Originally Posted by xirles
Many thanks for the advice and information. I have filled in the application form to join and will visit their main office with a copy of our contract when we are in Altea in 2 weeks time.
It is reassuring to know that there are people like you out there with this knowledge.
did you find a good lawyer - i will need one soon for moraira, so maybe your's will do for me?
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Sortedtoo, I don't know if you are still looking for a lawyer in that area, but if you are then I might be able to help. Perhaps you'd like to pm or email me as I'm reluctant to start putting up my lawyer's details online!
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this company good - they are based in javea?

Gómez Villares & Álvarez Abogados

Has anyone dealt with them for a property purchase?

thanks
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

jarjam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by un-mundo
Sortedtoo, I don't know if you are still looking for a lawyer in that area, but if you are then I might be able to help. Perhaps you'd like to pm or email me as I'm reluctant to start putting up my lawyer's details online!

Hi There,
I'm looking for a good recommended lawyer and Chartered surveyor in the Moraira Area. and a brief explanation of how you got on with them and their price strcuture? Was it 1 % of the purchase price?
Thanks very much and I look forward to your response

Last edited by jarjam; Apr 24th 2006 at 11:01 pm. Reason: remove my personal email address
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jarjam
Hi There,
I'm looking for a good recommended lawyer and Chartered surveyor in the Moraira Area. Could you please send me the details to my personal email AC? and a brief explanation of how you got on with them and their price strcuture? Was it 1 % of the purchase price?
my email: [email protected]
Thanks very much and I look forward to your response
I am in the middle of replying by PM, if that's OK!
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

steve l is an unknown quantity at this point

did you find a good lawyer,did they charge 1%,could you give me their name and number if so.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:37 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve l
did you find a good lawyer,did they charge 1%,could you give me their name and number if so.

They did, but he and they have since all died of old age...like this thread.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

jarjam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ironporer
They did, but he and they have since all died of old age...like this thread.
The lawyers I used are based in Barcelona. so probably not your first choice if you want them to be present at notary. They're called Strong Abogados. You can find them easily on the web. They were good, as long as you crcked the whip a bit. Like nearly everybody I've dealt with in Spain, english or spanish, they all seem to have what I call the "Guiness" mentality. "all good things come to those who wait...
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:19 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve l
My husband and I live and work in Calpe (Alicante region - Costa Blanca) and have worked with a fantastic solicitor/accountancy office. They speak very good English and go out of their way to be helpful. Their offices are based in Teulada (Moraira and Teulada are the same municipality). Not sure if I'm allowed to post websites here, but this is it....

www.drcrespo.com

If it's taken off by the moderators, drop me a line and I'll send it to anyone else who's interested.