Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Laser Eye Surgery Andalucia

Laser Eye Surgery Andalucia

Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Laser Eye Surgery Andalucia

I think this is a lost cause but here goes. Does anyone know of a reputable company who does laser eye surgery in Andalucia. Tried internet but couldn't get anywhere. Also if not can anyone recommend a company in the UK. We both have old age deterioration in sight - short and long.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of
Default Re: Laser Eye Surgery Andalucia

Originally Posted by glynis
I think this is a lost cause but here goes. Does anyone know of a reputable company who does laser eye surgery in Andalucia. Tried internet but couldn't get anywhere. Also if not can anyone recommend a company in the UK. We both have old age deterioration in sight - short and long.
I can't help directly, but I noticed that there is a ANDALUSIAN OPHTHALMOLOGIC ASSOCIATION ( Sociedad Andaluza de Oftalmología ) based in Seville, and I am sure that they can give you some good information about resources in Andalucia.
http://www.soae.org/index_eng.htm

Buena suerte
Old Apr 26th 2006, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

yug23 is an unknown quantity at this point

here's one:

http://www.oculsur.com/homeh.php

Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

My friend had laser surgery done at a clinic in Malaga. All was fine

I will try and find out which clinic it was
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Laser Eye Surgery Andalucia

Originally Posted by j0197
My friend had laser surgery done at a clinic in Malaga. All was fine

I will try and find out which clinic it was
That would be brilliant, thanks Joanne. There is nothign better than recommendation. Could you also find out what she had done.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynis
That would be brilliant, thanks Joanne. There is nothign better than recommendation. Could you also find out what she had done.

Hi Glynis. A friend had this done just before Christmas on both eyes (not simultaneously) at the Medical Centre in Novo Sancti Petri. She is delighted with the results and the price charged. I've forgotten just how much she paid but can find out. I do remember she said it was much less than the procedure in UK.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

HI glynis,

I have private emailed you some details.

Hope its of use to you.

Regards

Joanne
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

The private clinic at Novo Sancti Petri does Laser Eye Surgery but i don't know anyone who has had it done there.

http://www.clinicanovo.es/Ingles/inicioI.html
Old Apr 29th 2006, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dazzle
The private clinic at Novo Sancti Petri does Laser Eye Surgery but i don't know anyone who has had it done there.

http://www.clinicanovo.es/Ingles/inicioI.html
FANTASTICO - ESTUPENDO

I'll get the other half down there and see what they say. If it works for him, I'll be next!!!!!!!!
Old May 6th 2006, 10:50 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Glynis I cannot offer advice on surgery in Andalucia, but have had an eye lasered here in Britain. I went to Christopher Jenkins at www.kentlasik.co.uk.
I did a fair amount of research, and found that with the big chains ( Boots have closed their walk in clinics I believe) you usually saw an optometrist and only saw a surgeon on the day of the procedure. This is not acceptable,at least to me. Any latent problems which may be affected by the laser work may not be detected and may lead to problems in the future. At the time, almost 3 years ago, Chris Jenkins rented a laser unit one Saturday in the month at a chain in the Finchley Road here in London. There were many people having their assessments done on the day ( not Chris's patients) and making their choices immediately. Again not the way I would choose to have it done. It seemed there were large volumes of procedures being carried out.
In some 30 years of spectacles and contact lenses of varying sorts, for the first time I was informed that my right eye was normal and should not be intefered with. I was offered help with the left which I accepted, and it cost me £800. The procedure is quick and painless, just a bit uncomfortable, and a smell of burning flesh as the surface of the eye is zapped. The position of the flap in the cornea is checked ,that it is sitting in the correct position, and I was on my way home. The eye weeps a fair bit, but was settling down in a couple of hours, and I was watching television that evening. I drove myself to Maidstone for the following days check up. It takes a month or two for the eye to settle down, and one needs to wear a plastic shield at night to stop one from rubbing the eye and dislodging the flap. Swimming may need to be curtailed for a little while too, unless wearing goggles. I am 100% satisfied. I still need glasses for reading. The optimum prescription that can be succesfully worked on is around +5 I believe. Chris refused to proceed on a friend with a +7, saying she would not get good results. Size of the pupils in dim light needs to be checked as well, as over large pupils which can dilate outside the area worked on can lead to halos around lights. The surgery is advancing all the time. I believe the initial flap in the cornea can now be cut with a laser beam.
To sum up...find a surgeon who has considerable experience in the surgery..ask how many he has done. An ophthalmologist who also does other eye stuff could be good in the event of complications. It is bliss not wearing spectacles to drive,sail, shop, being able to buy good quality sunglasses. Now if only I could find a way to abandon the reading glasses!!