Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Laptop: Sorry its worse now but I do offer an apology for all breakages

Wikiposts

Laptop: Sorry its worse now but I do offer an apology for all breakages

Old Sep 21st 2010, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laptop: Sorry its worse now but I do offer an apology for all breakages

Originally Posted by cricketman
They should also have business insurance!

Sounds like another illegal British company, no surpise then
To insure what? insurance is not always a legal requirement in business.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice
Default Re: Laptop: Sorry its worse now but I do offer an apology for all breakages

Professional liability/indemnity insurance is virtually impossible to get here (I´ve tried to get it and failed miserably) and the people I did speak to that would even consider it were only looking at stupidly small amounts of cover for stupidly large amounts of money (ie would´ve been better to just save the money and pay out yourself if anything happened)

Re batteries from HK sellers on eBay - my experience is don´t! They generally seem to last 3 months and then die
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

JustinTime is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ShinyAndy
Professional liability/indemnity insurance is virtually impossible to get here (I´ve tried to get it and failed miserably) and the people I did speak to that would even consider it were only looking at stupidly small amounts of cover for stupidly large amounts of money (ie would´ve been better to just save the money and pay out yourself if anything happened)

Re batteries from HK sellers on eBay - my experience is don´t! They generally seem to last 3 months and then die
I have had three HK leads in the past and two were rubbish but one seems to have just gone on and on. I need to buy a lead for another machine but I will opt for an original lead
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

JustinTime is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rotor
To insure what? insurance is not always a legal requirement in business.
My experience is that I can't work without business insurance in the UK or Europe. If I bugger something up I need to be able to pay for it. When you take the lid off a laptop there is lots of opportunity to make things worse and if you can't afford to put it right then you need insurance.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Well if you find someone let me know because as far as I could find out there is no such thing as PI insurance here
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you find someone let me know because as far as I could find out there is no such thing as PI insurance here
There most definitely is. My OH was looking into expanding her business in a certain way and one of the reasons we didnt do it was because we'd need to take out PI insurance.

This was advice given by the business advice centre in Barcelona which is run by the town hall.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Everyone we spoke to said that the business we were in meant we would never be able to get any PI insurance. Even if someone would touch us the premiums would be so high and the level of cover so low that it wouldn´t be worth having anyway.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JustinTime
My experience is that I can't work without business insurance in the UK or Europe. If I bugger something up I need to be able to pay for it. When you take the lid off a laptop there is lots of opportunity to make things worse and if you can't afford to put it right then you need insurance.
Wrong ,in the UK you only need employers liability insurance , puplic liability etc is optional.
If you cant afford to replace a laptop you should not be in business!!
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=cricketman;8867702]There most definitely is. My OH was looking into expanding her business in a certain way and one of the reasons we didnt do it was because we'd need to take out PI insurance.

This was advice given by the business advice centre in Barcelona which is run by the town hall.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes , people who have no experience of running a business giving out business advice
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Everyone we spoke to said that the business we were in meant we would never be able to get any PI insurance. Even if someone would touch us the premiums would be so high and the level of cover so low that it wouldn´t be worth having anyway.
Very few small business`s have liability insurance here, Spanish or english , the only thing that needs paying in most cases is the SS ,for you and employee`s.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

If we needed public liability (such as someone tripping over your carpet) then not a problem. Getting professional indemnity (which is what the OP is suggesting) was the issue we had and couldn´t find anything
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Rotor;8867791]
Originally Posted by cricketman
There most definitely is. My OH was looking into expanding her business in a certain way and one of the reasons we didnt do it was because we'd need to take out PI insurance.

This was advice given by the business advice centre in Barcelona which is run by the town hall.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes , people who have no experience of running a business giving out business advice
It was actually very good advice, mainly about what documents you need to present to get finance from the banks, how to keep accounts, how to file your income online to the tax office each quarter, how to apply for grants, how to go about hiring people etc

It was very very helpful and is the reason why my OH doesnt need to pay for a gestor or accountant and got a grant to help contribute towards social security contributions
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 3:24 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong ,in the UK you only need employers liability insurance , puplic liability etc is optional.
If you cant afford to replace a laptop you should not be in business!!
I had to have it at a 1,000,000 quid and that was ten years ago.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
I had to have it at a 1,000,000 quid and that was ten years ago.
To cover what and where?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 11:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

To cover what and where?
Public liability in the UK, as you said it was optional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.