Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Lanzarote Updates

Lanzarote Updates

Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:39 pm
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lanzarote Updates

Hello friends!

I'm so so sorry that I haven't poked my head around the door lately 0- but it's been mental here! I can't believe we've now been here for 7 months!!! Where has the time gone? Well... most of it has gone into setting up two companies. One is Gandy-Draper and is our web design business. That keeps us REALLY busy as the work is just flooding to us. The other business is CanaryNightlife.net and we now have salespeople out on the road for us.

Oh, and couple that with all the fantastic cheap wine we've been drinking and you have a recipe for success lol.

The weather here is fantastic, but our tans that we gained upon first arrival are distant memories... as we've been working indoors so much. It's all good though, and we've now promised ourselves a day off each week, as we're well established. So fire up the BBQ, and chill the vino - Elle's got a day off on Sunday!

Much love... and I hope you're all okay.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 9:11 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lanzarote Updates

Originally Posted by Elle1971
Hello friends!

I'm so so sorry that I haven't poked my head around the door lately 0- but it's been mental here! I can't believe we've now been here for 7 months!!! Where has the time gone? Well... most of it has gone into setting up two companies. One is Gandy-Draper and is our web design business. That keeps us REALLY busy as the work is just flooding to us. The other business is CanaryNightlife.net and we now have salespeople out on the road for us.

Oh, and couple that with all the fantastic cheap wine we've been drinking and you have a recipe for success lol.

The weather here is fantastic, but our tans that we gained upon first arrival are distant memories... as we've been working indoors so much. It's all good though, and we've now promised ourselves a day off each week, as we're well established. So fire up the BBQ, and chill the vino - Elle's got a day off on Sunday!

Hello Elle1971,
Ill be a new face to you,its refreshing to hear that you are doing so well,Im glad that you have made it a success CONGRATULATIONS
Old Apr 13th 2007, 9:15 pm
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jandy! Nice to "meet" you. A Wakefield girlie eh? My Grandmother lives there, as well as a few distant cousins.

Thanks for the congrats - we're very, VERY happy!!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 9:30 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jandy! Nice to "meet" you. A Wakefield girlie eh? My Grandmother lives there, as well as a few distant cousins.

Thanks for the congrats - we're very, VERY happy!!!
We live at a place called Crofton,did you come from this area?This area is nice but we are also hoping to make the move,Its taking a bit longer than we first anticipated but we will get there in the end.I hope we find ourselves has happy has you,I know one thing it will be nice to feel warm and even better to taste the cheap brandy
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
How are you doing and how is the puppy?

I am so glad business is doing well for you and that you are loving it.

keep in touch

MN
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:20 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Hello friends!

6 day weeks Your supposed to be having the good life ..
Good news about the businesses though you clever work aholic you ..

And lanzarote is only a tiny place so you done really good
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:21 am
No es moco de pavo

Hi again Jandy. I know Crofton a little... but no I didn't grow up there. I was born in York, but settled down South via Germany (Army Dad). My Gran lives in Nell Gap Lane - not sure where that is in relation to you. Good for you with making the move - It's a biggun... but a goodun!

Hey there Miss Naughty. Lovely to hear from you again. Yes, Puppy (Guido) is doing great. He's growing fast - and has more than a little monkey in him. Shame that things didn't work for you honey. I don't know the ins and outs... but I've seen a couple of threads saying you're back in the UK. You have my email if you need a chat babe! Big hugs!!!

Hi Big Pete - yeah you'd think we'd have slowed down wouldn't you... but we came out adamant to work. It's just that our office is now in the sunshine instead of rainy Hampshire. ;-) We're lucky that we're not reliant on just Lanzarote for our business. Web design can be done all on the internet, email and Skype, and we're still looking after people in the UK too. We've also had one client in America - but she was a friend so it doesn't really count. It's a whole different quality of life... and one that we have very much fallen in love with. Except maybe the "mañana effect", and the occasional "Giri" tax! Please excuse my spelling there.

Anyway... got to run... loads to do - but only working til 4 today... yippee!

Elle xxx
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again Jandy. I know Crofton a little... but no I didn't grow up there. I was born in York, but settled down South via Germany (Army Dad). My Gran lives in Nell Gap Lane - not sure where that is in relation to you. Good for you with making the move - It's a biggun... but a goodun!

Hey there Miss Naughty. Lovely to hear from you again. Yes, Puppy (Guido) is doing great. He's growing fast - and has more than a little monkey in him. Shame that things didn't work for you honey. I don't know the ins and outs... but I've seen a couple of threads saying you're back in the UK. You have my email if you need a chat babe! Big hugs!!!

Hi Big Pete - yeah you'd think we'd have slowed down wouldn't you... but we came out adamant to work. It's just that our office is now in the sunshine instead of rainy Hampshire. ;-) We're lucky that we're not reliant on just Lanzarote for our business. Web design can be done all on the internet, email and Skype, and we're still looking after people in the UK too. We've also had one client in America - but she was a friend so it doesn't really count. It's a whole different quality of life... and one that we have very much fallen in love with. Except maybe the "mañana effect", and the occasional "Giri" tax! Please excuse my spelling there.

Anyway... got to run... loads to do - but only working til 4 today... yippee!

Elle xxx
...It never rains in Hampshire , only in Broadmoor !...welcome back, it's nice to see what hard work and determination can achieve, I am new so don't know your story....but it is nice to have good forum buddies that can build you heavily discounted web designs............
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:33 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

I love lanzarote, I lived there for 4 months in Costa De Guise. How I miss it

Good luck and well done on your success x
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:36 am
No es moco de pavo

Ha ha ha ha ha Big Buddha - it sure rained plenty in Pompey lol. And yes, of course... we'd do you a good deal if you need a website

Yes Keri - Costa Teguise is lovely. We go up to see Clients there at least once a week. Where did you work there? Maybe it's someone we both know. We're down in Playa Blanca, which is a lot less windy than CT, and a lot quieter - but it suits us fine. The busy season is just about to kick off here in lanzarote - you should come out again!

TTFN!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:03 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Ha ha ha ha ha Big Buddha - it sure rained plenty in Pompey lol. And yes, of course... we'd do you a good deal if you need a website

Yes Keri - Costa Teguise is lovely. We go up to see Clients there at least once a week. Where did you work there? Maybe it's someone we both know. We're down in Playa Blanca, which is a lot less windy than CT, and a lot quieter - but it suits us fine. The busy season is just about to kick off here in lanzarote - you should come out again!

TTFN!
Hiya, I worked as an entertainer in the Sands Beach Villas Hotel, its a lovely place, 4/5 star I think, nice people too.

Id love to come back out there, Im going to the costa brava first to see whats about but I may end up back out there, who knows! lol

Im afraid I dont know what TTFN means!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keri2323
Hiya, I worked as an entertainer in the Sands Beach Villas Hotel, its a lovely place, 4/5 star I think, nice people too.

Id love to come back out there, Im going to the costa brava first to see whats about but I may end up back out there, who knows! lol

Im afraid I dont know what TTFN means!

....Hmmm youngsters of today it means Totaly Tedious Forum Notes..every one knows that....
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:17 am
I have a member

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69

....Hmmm youngsters of today it means Totaly Tedious Forum Notes..every one knows that....
That would describe mine quite well
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:20 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keri2323
That would describe mine quite well
Ta Ta for now - used by the oldest DJ in the world.

Rosemary
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:21 am
I have a member

Thanks for that! Is it Tony Blackburn?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.