Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

LANGUAGE EXCHANGE

LANGUAGE EXCHANGE

Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

axarquia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LANGUAGE EXCHANGE

I am a Spanish man from Madrid living now in the Axarquía of Málaga (near Benagalbón).

Looking for a native English speaker that lives near this area to exchange conversation in Spanish / English and to work hard both in listening and speaking.

Flexible timing, seriousness and "Castilian accent"!!

Jose
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 8:13 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LANGUAGE EXCHANGE

Originally Posted by axarquia
I am a Spanish man from Madrid living now in the Axarquía of Málaga (near Benagalbón).

Looking for a native English speaker that lives near this area to exchange conversation in Spanish / English and to work hard both in listening and speaking.

Jose
Hola

I'm sure you will find people interested. I did remove your email address, only because when published on a public forum they can be picked up by spambots. When you have made a few posts people can access you via the internal pm or email system.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by axarquia

Jose
It'll be worth it for someone in that area to adopt a nice Castilian accent, instead of an "acento andalú"
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 2:03 pm
Banned

porcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant future

Good luck, but most Brits here are too lazy and ignorant to learn Spanish.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by porcelainwhite
Don't hold back next time!

(the words generalisation and exaggeration.......phew don't know what to say if I'm honest!)

ps aggie's right about accent, btw...
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 2:12 pm
Banned

porcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant future

Oh my bad, is there a new set of statistics where 90 percent of Brits can speak Spanish now? And have all the posts by Brits who say they are too old to learn or haven't got time disappeared? LOL.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my bad, is there a new set of statistics where 90 percent of Brits can speak Spanish now? And have all the posts by Brits who say they are too old to learn or haven't got time disappeared? LOL.
Sorry not familiar with the phrase 'oh my bad'. As to the rest, Well I'm absolutely convinced we're not talking about 90% of Brits but (I'd suggest) the Brits who live in Spain, or spend a significant amount of time here. Show me one post from one Brit saying they're too old to learn at all or haven't got time at all.
Sure there are a number - myself included - who find it hard to retain vocabulary, and the verbs; well... And I know you're right to imply there are many more who could make more effort to learn more than their probably very limited vocabulary. And I know from experience that classes locally don't have every potential Brit applying. But to say most Brits here are too lazy and ignorant to learn Spanish ? You mentioned statistics. Where are yours?
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 4:37 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Sorry not familiar with the phrase 'oh my bad'. As to the rest, Well I'm absolutely convinced we're not talking about 90% of Brits but (I'd suggest) the Brits who live in Spain, or spend a significant amount of time here. Show me one post from one Brit saying they're too old to learn at all or haven't got time at all.
Sure there are a number - myself included - who find it hard to retain vocabulary, and the verbs; well... And I know you're right to imply there are many more who could make more effort to learn more than their probably very limited vocabulary. And I know from experience that classes locally don't have every potential Brit applying. But to say most Brits here are too lazy and ignorant to learn Spanish ? You mentioned statistics. Where are yours?
To show the posts where Brits say that they are too old , lay or have not got the time would be a little difficult to find, because most of those people would say that they are too old to use a computer, and so would not be posting on forums.

There are loads who admit it, and further proof is that some have been here for donkeys years and have grown old with the translators who helped them when they first arrived here.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 5:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fionamw
See, pure laziness and ignorance you can't even bother to look it up for yourself. Da Nile is a river in Egypt.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 5:25 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this forum I was under the impression that 99% of posters are fluent in Spanish
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 5:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Reading this forum I was under the impression that 99% of posters are fluent in Spanish
I agree, you can tell because their English skills and grammar are so poor. Clearly they've been speaking Spanish too much.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 5:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, you can tell because their English skills and grammar are so poor. Clearly they've been speaking Spanish too much.
Not another bleeding troll.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Speak for yourself

I can't be the only one? Who here watches Spanish TV?
That's right, you can't be.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
And I've heard some of those that claim to be able to speak decent Spanish! We've got an excuse, we're not living there, but all those that have been there for years, immersed in the lingo every day, they should be brilliant. But they aren't!
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 6:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Three trolls in the same thread, must be a record.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.