Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Land arrivals, covid checks/declaration?

Land arrivals, covid checks/declaration?

Old Oct 24th 2020, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Land arrivals, covid checks/declaration?

Will be traversing Spain from Italy via France to Portugal, then journey in reverse a few days later. Expect to be in Spain for around 24 hrs including an overnight stay.
Is there any covid declaration form to be (pre-)filled out? I found one here ( https://www.spth.gob.es/create ) but it appears to be only for flight arrivals. Are there border checks with France and Algarve ? Anything more than temperature checks?
Thanks.
Old Oct 24th 2020, 2:28 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Land arrivals, covid checks/declaration?

Originally Posted by campos
Will be traversing Spain from Italy via France to Portugal, then journey in reverse a few days later. Expect to be in Spain for around 24 hrs including an overnight stay.
Is there any covid declaration form to be (pre-)filled out? I found one here ( https://www.spth.gob.es/create ) but it appears to be only for flight arrivals. Are there border checks with France and Algarve ? Anything more than temperature checks?
Thanks.
Hi from the France forum!
Be aware that all the French Med coast (except Aude (Narbonne), at the time of writing) is under curfew, from 21h00 to 06h00, which means that shops and restaurants will be closed by then. I don't know whether hotels provide food after 21h00....
An Attestation is needed if you're out of doors during curfew. Such Attestations are only accepted for people who are working late or nights, need medical attention, or are walking their dog, not for "tourists", so remember to be indoors by 21h00!
Old Oct 24th 2020, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi from the France forum!
Be aware that all the French Med coast (except Aude (Narbonne), at the time of writing) is under curfew, from 21h00 to 06h00, which means that shops and restaurants will be closed by then. I don't know whether hotels provide food after 21h00....
An Attestation is needed if you're out of doors during curfew. Such Attestations are only accepted for people who are working late or nights, need medical attention, or are walking their dog, not for "tourists", so remember to be indoors by 21h00!
Yes, thanks. I've heard of the France curfews on various news channels
Old Oct 25th 2020, 6:54 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, thanks. I've heard of the France curfews on various news channels
I forgot to mention that if you're out of doors in France during curfew, there's a fine (135€) for each person without a valid Attestation.
French news has announced stricter measures in Spain, too, including curfew.... it may be that dispensation Attestations are now required, too, but you aren't likely to benefit.
Maybe some one on the Spain forum can give up-to-date info....
When you're on the road, in both directions, check the news in all countries daily - rules can change (for the worst) from one day to the next....
None of my business, of course, but are these travel plans absolutely essential in the present Situation?
Old Oct 28th 2020, 7:38 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For info, Président Macron is making an announcement on the TV this evening at 20h00 and it's expected that he'll announce strict measures (partial lockdown, stricter curfew, travel restrictions within France, hotels closed, and why not closed borders, but all's speculation for the moment...). Do get the official facts, wherever you are, you don't want to get stuck in France on the way to Portugal or back....
Old Oct 28th 2020, 8:09 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

You're not anticipating arriving in Portugal any time between 30th Oct and 3rd Nov, are you? We've got restricted movements imposed for that period.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red Eric
You're not anticipating arriving in Portugal any time between 30th Oct and 3rd Nov, are you? We've got restricted movements imposed for that period.
No, hope to hit PT on 4th.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmu
For info, Président Macron is making an announcement on the TV this evening at 20h00 and it's expected that he'll announce strict measures (partial lockdown, stricter curfew, travel restrictions within France, hotels closed, and why not closed borders, but all's speculation for the moment...). Do get the official facts, wherever you are, you don't want to get stuck in France on the way to Portugal or back....
Thanks. This is my concern, especially borders. I have an overnight booked in Montpellier but if hotels get closed, I can skip to over border .
I found a France entry declaration form which I'll fill out too. https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...t-et-de-voyage

Is there a similar form for Spain?

Last edited by campos; Oct 28th 2020 at 8:36 am. Reason: question
Old Oct 28th 2020, 9:23 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks. This is my concern, especially borders. I have an overnight booked in Montpellier but if hotels get closed, I can skip to over border .
I found a France entry declaration form which I'll fill out too. https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...t-et-de-voyage

Is there a similar form for Spain?
I just checked the Attestation in your link and it seems to concern only air travellers. In any case your situation, travelling overland, wouldn't be covered as you're (presumably) not resident in Portugal, returning "home". But an overland international Attestation would be valid for your return, as you're (presumably) resident in Italy and returning home.
Wait until the Announcement this evening, and for official documents (if any) to be available, and read the wording carefully to make sure you're in one of the categories.
This is just for France. You must get official info for your entry into and passage through Spain, and then Portugal, and then in reverse back to France....
P.S. 1st November is a public holiday and also the end of the school holidays, which will explain heavy traffic on that day, and if you're in France on 11th November, this is also a public holiday.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmu
I just checked the Attestation in your link and it seems to concern only air travellers. In any case your situation, travelling overland, wouldn't be covered as you're (presumably) not resident in Portugal, returning "home". But an overland international Attestation would be valid for your return, as you're (presumably) resident in Italy and returning home.
Wait until the Announcement this evening, and for official documents (if any) to be available, and read the wording carefully to make sure you're in one of the categories.
This is just for France. You must get official info for your entry into and passage through Spain, and then Portugal, and then in reverse back to France....
P.S. 1st November is a public holiday and also the end of the school holidays, which will explain heavy traffic on that day, and if you're in France on 11th November, this is also a public holiday.
Cheers for the input.
I found the link here ( https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/co...als-in-france/ ) which under the answer to the first question mentions land and sea and rail arrivals too, unless I'm mistakenly reading it
Old Oct 28th 2020, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

So can I conclude that no covid forms need be completed before entering Spain by car?
Old Oct 28th 2020, 2:23 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So can I conclude that no covid forms need be completed before entering Spain by car?
Who knows what Prés. Macron will announce this evening (for entering and passing through France and later re-entering France and passing through), and some one on the Spain forum should come along with official info (= an up-to-date Govt. or Embassy link).
Old Oct 28th 2020, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is you are shooting at a fast moving target and nobody knows what the situation will be tomorrow.
Spain has declared a state of emergency to run until may 2021.
This is to give them the fluidity to change requirements almost istantly.
They have before banned movement between regions which could stop you traversing Spain as well as entering or leaving the Algarve through the Spanish border as the Portugese may also do.

Also on the Portugal forum you have asked about tolls on the A22, as a frequent traveller in that area I sugest you use the credit card system as soon as you enter Portugal just after the Guadiana bridge it is simple and efficient.
I recently travelled further north into a different pay area and although the payments and paperwork were completed in a toll companies office I am still expecting to receive fines as checking a second time in a different office of the same company they laughed at my paperwork.

Last edited by Fredbargate; Oct 28th 2020 at 5:33 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 8:05 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dmu
Who knows what Prés. Macron will announce this evening (for entering and passing through France and later re-entering France and passing through), and some one on the Spain forum should come along with official info (= an up-to-date Govt. or Embassy link).
Président Macron has announced another lockdown from tomorrow midnight, to last a month. Attestations will be created for travellers, which, I'm sorry to say, won't have a box to tick for your situation, i.e. intent to pass through France to Spain as tourists. If by chance you do manage, the Attestation will cover you for your return "home" to Italy.
HTH
Old Oct 28th 2020, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmu
Président Macron has announced another lockdown from tomorrow midnight, to last a month. Attestations will be created for travellers, which, I'm sorry to say, won't have a box to tick for your situation, i.e. intent to pass through France to Spain as tourists. If by chance you do manage, the Attestation will cover you for your return "home" to Italy.
HTH
It's not looking good for me! Any idea when the PM will give more info tomorrow?
Is the form to complete the one link to on this site? https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...t-et-de-voyage
The above linked form has some boxes, such as :" Third country nationals in transit for less than 24 hours in an international zone"
or " Euro nationals...and...UK...whose primary residence is in France, or in transit through France to reach their country... of residence in the EU"
If not, could you offer a link to it please?

Last edited by campos; Oct 28th 2020 at 8:39 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.