La Zenia

Old Jul 12th 2010, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

BorderGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default La Zenia

A friend of my husbands family has a villa in La Zenia. Can anyone tell me what the area is like? My husband hasn't been there for a number of years and as he says, places change. Quite quickly sometimes.
I understand that Torrevieja is now a very multi-culteral area. Am I right that there is quite a bit of crime, or is that across the board on any of the Costa's?
From reading the Costa Blanca News on-line the problem seems to be widespread. I know papers blow things out of proportion. What are your views?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 1:53 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: La Zenia

Originally Posted by BorderGirl
A friend of my husbands family has a villa in La Zenia. Can anyone tell me what the area is like? My husband hasn't been there for a number of years and as he says, places change. Quite quickly sometimes.
I understand that Torrevieja is now a very multi-culteral area. Am I right that there is quite a bit of crime, or is that across the board on any of the Costa's?
From reading the Costa Blanca News on-line the problem seems to be widespread. I know papers blow things out of proportion. What are your views?
I live near there and there will be plenty people on here who will slate the area. I have no problems with it. I have lived here for 12 years and, yes, it has changed a lot but we still enjoy it.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

BorderGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks CBANDY for taking the time to reply.

Can you tell me anything else about the area?

My husband enjoyed a few visits to The Plaza at Villamartin, that no doubt has changed alot too.

Am I right that these types of areas are very large urbanisations?

Are there any small areas, either new urbanisations or villages near there?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

SaratonyT is an unknown quantity at this point

I also have a home near here (in Villamartin), we have been holidaying in the area for 5 years and love it. With regards to crime, I go to Spain for weeks on my own with the children and always feel safe. The plaza at Villamartin is patrolled by security guards during the peak season. There are warnings about handbag thefts, although I haven't heard of any. It is important to always be on guard - just as you would in a busy place at home and remember that most crimes are committed by opportunists. The plaza has an excellent selection of cafes, bars and restaurants and it a lovely place to spend time.

La Zenia has a few restaurants and bars and there is also a good commercial centre at Los Dolses (villamartin) (can't get my children out of the ice cream parlour!).

Villamartin is made up of urbanisations. We are near the plaza and the golf course, we find this is a good base and everything is close, so if you are thinking of where to stay this may be good for you because you won't necessarily need to hire a car. There is also a reliable bus service to La Zenia and La Glea (Campoamor) beaches.

I hope this helps!
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:02 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Hi Bordergirl. There are a lot of large urbanisations around. We live on Playa Flamenca and although it is very large we live on a small urbanisation within it. Let me know exactly what kind of advice you need and I will be happy to help. PM me.