Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

knowledge on importing electrical goods

knowledge on importing electrical goods

Old Apr 1st 2010, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

jan123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default knowledge on importing electrical goods

Does any one know which office /department could assist in giving information regarding importing electrical goods into spain from non EU country?
Old Apr 1st 2010, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: knowledge on importing electrical goods

Bit of clarification...Do you want to import for personal use or for business use, ie to sell on to potential customers?
Old Apr 1st 2010, 3:23 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dont think it makes that much difference if you are importing new white goods into the EU. They are subject to Import Tariff rates, those being Duty and also VAT.

First stop Spanish Customs I think ( check here ), but youprobably could do with finding yourself a good clearance agent
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Bit of clarification...Do you want to import for personal use or for business use, ie to sell on to potential customers?
Thank you
I wish to import magic dimmers for business use
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Mitzyboy;8465762]Dont think it makes that much difference if you are importing new white goods into the EU. They are subject to Import Tariff rates, those being Duty and also VAT.

First stop Spanish Customs I think ( check [URL="https://www.uktradeinvest.gov.uk/ukti/appmanager/ukti/countries?_nfpb=true&portlet_3_5_acti ), but youprobably could do with finding yourself a good clearance agent[/QUOTE]

Thank you
Do you know of any clearance agent in the malaga area that speaks english and reliable ?
I need to fined out exactly a lot of information about importing some magic dimmers and so on so we need to communicate well
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 11:58 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan123
Thank you
Do you know of any clearance agent in the malaga area that speaks english and reliable ?
I need to fined out exactly a lot of information about importing some magic dimmers and so on so we need to communicate well

My shipping experience is based in the UK.
You don't mention where you are bringing them from though. If it's from the Far East via seafreight then you are more likely going to need an agent in Barcelona, being a main port. If its by trailer from a non EU country then you are probably better speaking to a trailer operator who will have agents at the border. If airfreight, then check google for clearance agents at the airport you expect them to arrive at.

I seem to remember there was a link to clearance agents lists on the link I gave you
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 12:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
I wish to import magic dimmers for business use
The Spanish already have magic dimmers in their electrical installations, you will find out how they work when you have been here a while.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: knowledge on importing electrical goods

Originally Posted by jdr
The Spanish already have magic dimmers in their electrical installations, you will find out how they work when you have been here a while.
You mean brown outs (not the same thing)
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 2:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
You mean brown outs (not the same thing)
Well they magically dim my electric stuff.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
My shipping experience is based in the UK.
You don't mention where you are bringing them from though. If it's from the Far East via seafreight then you are more likely going to need an agent in Barcelona, being a main port. If its by trailer from a non EU country then you are probably better speaking to a trailer operator who will have agents at the border. If airfreight, then check google for clearance agents at the airport you expect them to arrive at.

I seem to remember there was a link to clearance agents lists on the link I gave you
Good morning
The dimmers are manufactured in Turkey which is where the majority is coming from but at the moment I have a stock in Israel.
The first lot will be coming by via seafreight from Israel . Most important is the fact that I need to make sure it is with in the EU regulation
Old Apr 4th 2010, 10:17 am
Senior Moment

Good morning
The dimmers are manufactured in Turkey which is where the majority is coming from but at the moment I have a stock in Israel.
The first lot will be coming by via seafreight from Israel . Most important is the fact that I need to make sure it is with in the EU regulation
Well yes you do, because if they need licencing then your goods will be stuck at the port and have to be returned. Have you appointed a shipping line yet? If so, then ask which port the goods will arrive at, and ask for a recommended agent. Then approach the agent and ask if the goods are licencable and OK for the Spanish market, and if there are any duty dispensations on them from Israel
Old Apr 4th 2010, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well yes you do, because if they need licencing then your goods will be stuck at the port and have to be returned. Have you appointed a shipping line yet? If so, then ask which port the goods will arrive at, and ask for a recommended agent. Then approach the agent and ask if the goods are licencable and OK for the Spanish market, and if there are any duty dispensations on them from Israel
Thanks for your advice I am going to look into it and let you know
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:08 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you will be required to present a CE certificate as well. Definetely check with customs.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:21 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Jur
I think you will be required to present a CE certificate as well. Definetely check with customs.

That is quite possible, along with many other documents such as certificates of origin and the like, which is why a good import agents knowledge is required and a proper contract of requirements with the supplier