kitty cat

Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default kitty cat

hi guys

i just searched for the answer to this but cant find it, maybe the stress is making me dumb

what company/airline/boat whatever should we use to take the kitty cat to spain? how much are we expected to pay? do they fly to all the airports?

i have already sorted out the pet passport jobby thing but i just rang a company and the girl was quoting me to take her on her own by private jet talk about getting it wrong... i need your help pleaseeeee!!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kitty cat

Originally Posted by featherbum
hi guys

i just searched for the answer to this but cant find it, maybe the stress is making me dumb

what company/airline/boat whatever should we use to take the kitty cat to spain? how much are we expected to pay? do they fly to all the airports?

i have already sorted out the pet passport jobby thing but i just rang a company and the girl was quoting me to take her on her own by private jet talk about getting it wrong... i need your help pleaseeeee!!
Look in the free beer thread, excellent service.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:58 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys

Monarch airlines take pets!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 4:07 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

We wanted originally to get two dogs and a parrot taken down, and whether by road or by air it was over a thousand pounds.

In the end (since the parrot died) we are getting our daughter to drive down with the dogs and her partner. It's still a bit, because of petrol, Eurostar, B&Bs on the way down, and then the same again going back.

The benefit is they will be less stressed and have a familiar face with them all the way. The younger dog isn't that bothered, but the old one is a worrier, and is bright enough to work out things are changing, and then fears he will be left behind.

The younger one wouldn't know a tram was up him till the bell rang.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 4:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
We wanted originally to get two dogs and a parrot taken down, and whether by road or by air it was over a thousand pounds.

In the end (since the parrot died) we are getting our daughter to drive down with the dogs and her partner. It's still a bit, because of petrol, Eurostar, B&Bs on the way down, and then the same again going back.

The benefit is they will be less stressed and have a familiar face with them all the way. The younger dog isn't that bothered, but the old one is a worrier, and is bright enough to work out things are changing, and then fears he will be left behind.

The younger one wouldn't know a tram was up him till the bell rang.
Maybe cheaper in the free beer thread. ;-)
Old Jul 7th 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

aah duh, i forgot to check there, i did warn i am braindead at the mo!

i just got a quote, from heathrow to bilbao, £435 this is not looking good!!

quick question-pet passport: the man on the phone just said if you are going one way, out of the uk, you dont need one?
x
Old Jul 7th 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Brittany ferries - Plymouth/Santander I think about £20/£25 for my dog, and like Bil says he will be in the car with us for the journey
Old Jul 7th 2008, 5:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't the ferry expensive? We looked at it originally, and it was very costly to go that way.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

booked the ferry - 2 adults,1 car,1 dog and a cabin £300 1st October. Also did a route planner 500 miles for us to plymouth then much the same again from santander down, less driving than down to the tunnel and through france
Old Jul 7th 2008, 5:48 pm
bil
Banned

Story of my life.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi guys

so does anyone know if you need a pet passport if you are going one way only, out of the uk?
thanks!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

hi guys

so does anyone know if you need a pet passport if you are going one way only, out of the uk?
thanks!
Yes, the passport is needed
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Christine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really niceChristine.J is just really nice

We came over by boat but decided it would be best for the dog to have him flown over, Wrong!!!! we turned up at Madrid airport and was told he wasn't on the flight. Contacted Heathrow and even though we had paid over a thousand pounds the company looking after him had put him in the wrong size box so he couldn't travel:curse:. Went back next day, yes he was there BUT they had lost his passport so had to wait hours with the poor thing left in the box while they pi**ed about (and we never did get the passport back, had to pay for a new one). when we did finaly get him home he was a nervous wreck. We couldn't even go upstairs without him crying and shaking. He is now terrified of any loud noises. This was back in February and I do wonder if he will ever be the same again. Plus the guilt we now feel is massive, I would never put any animal through this again, although I know of loads of people who's pets have coped really well with air travel.
Good luck with the Kitty and the move
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:42 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Wikipedia is your friend.

I always thought they were only needed for re entry to the UK.

Last edited by jdr; Jul 8th 2008 at 5:48 am.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
Wikipedia is your friend.

I always thought they were only needed for re entry to the UK.
If this is the case, my vet has mis-informed me. I paid for microchip,rabies vaccine and bloodtest to obtain the passport for entry to Spain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.