Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Kitchen fitted by Conforama

Kitchen fitted by Conforama

Old Mar 18th 2016, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

danielspaniel11234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kitchen fitted by Conforama

My parents are having a kitchen fitted. Lots of delays and missing parts but seems to be put together well enough. They are being charged an extra €200+ to have gas and electricity reconnected. They paid for kitchen and installation already. Can someone please tell me is this normal that they should have to pay these two things on top. My father is capable of connecting it himself but this may affect the warranty. Any friendly advise gratefully received.

Daniel
Old Mar 18th 2016, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kitchen fitted by Conforama

Originally Posted by danielspaniel11234
My parents are having a kitchen fitted. Lots of delays and missing parts but seems to be put together well enough. They are being charged an extra €200+ to have gas and electricity reconnected. They paid for kitchen and installation already. Can someone please tell me is this normal that they should have to pay these two things on top. My father is capable of connecting it himself but this may affect the warranty. Any friendly advise gratefully received.

Daniel
Unless your father has Spanish electrical and gas qualifications I would suggest you leave it for the professionals - or maybe the utilities might not turn your supplies on without the correct certificates.
As to the price I can't comment but you may just have to suck it up
Old Mar 18th 2016, 12:08 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danielspaniel11234

Daniel
The installation will only cover fixing the kitcen in place, any electrical or gas work will need to be installed seperately, by qualified people, so they will have to just suck it up I'm afraid.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

danielspaniel11234 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's ok I'm just checking that is the case.
Thanks for your reply
Old Mar 20th 2016, 6:55 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not certain if it's the law in Spain or not, but if it were in Germany, it would be illegal for a nonprofessional to connect gas, water, or even plug the dishwasher into the socket. A plumber cannot plug in the dishwasher to the electricity and an electrician cannot turn on a water valve. You need different "pros" for each. And the registered pros generally charge €80-€100 per hour, with a 2 hour minimum charge.

So, count your blessings.