Reload this Page >

Kings College Murcia

Kings College Murcia

Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

jivefeet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kings College Murcia

hello everyone first post so be gentle

My family are at the talking stage of moving to Murcia spain and looking at schools for my two grandchildren age 7 and 13, Kings College looks good and is in the area we would go, does anyone have children at this school, is it a free school or fee paying, I have looked on there website but can't see anything about fees

thank you for reading
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kings College Murcia

Originally Posted by jivefeet

My family are at the talking stage of moving to Murcia spain and looking at schools for my two grandchildren age 7 and 13, Kings College looks good and is in the area we would go, does anyone have children at this school, is it a free school or fee paying, I have looked on there website but can't see anything about fees

thank you for reading
It's a fee paying school.
I'm going to La Torre in a couple of weeks - I'll let you know if they're a quiet bunch on my return.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

thank you for replying, strange they dont have their fees on the website, I wonder how expensive they are
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for replying, strange they dont have their fees on the website, I wonder how expensive they are
If you work on £2500 (+ extras) per term you'll be in the right ballpark.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
If you work on £2500 (+ extras) per term you'll be in the right ballpark.
Wow... I assume you get to **** a proper Princess for that money?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for reading
In Spain, and for example in Murcia, there are public schools and private schools (of payment)...What place is of Murcia? The city of Murcia, or some population of the province of Murcia?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahchirles
Wow... I assume you get to **** a proper Princess for that money?
and you would know all about that eh?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

thehollos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
My son goes to the BRitish school Of Alicante which is one of the Kings College group. They are the same school in 3 locations. Alicante, Murcia and Madrid.

The school is excellent and he has settled well. He is 10. It is costly (7000 euros a year + 200 for uniform and then bus on top) but it is worth it. My only concern is his Spanish studies. At 10 he is with children who are very fluent in English so the playground language is also English. He gets 8 hours spanish a week but the schools are very " we are an English school and spanish is not to be spoken in class".

So extra tuition is needed if you want them to go onto Spanish higher educ.
The discipline, structure, facilities are first class in all their schools.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

wow they have 2 children each so a lot of money, do you have to buy the books as well

also the eldest age 13 is a gifted A student, she swims twice a day and is not far off qualifying times for olympics, she is also an olympic hopefull in badminton, is it a good school for sports
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

oops forgot to say thanks for your replies, also are there any other English speaking schools in Murcia
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

thehollos is an unknown quantity at this point

No thankfully we don't have to buy books or pay for meals or trips etc. Afterschool activities are expensive though, well compared to the regional ones.

There is another school El Limonar (?) which is nearer Torreveija.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

wow they have 2 children each so a lot of money, do you have to buy the books as well

also the eldest age 13 is a gifted A student, she swims twice a day and is not far off qualifying times for olympics, she is also an olympic hopefull in badminton, is it a good school for sports
As this is a forum and given I can't keep my thoughts to myself - If the kid is as gifted as the above reads and has serious aspirations of making use of these - I don't think it would be a wise move - I don't remember reading of Spain producing many/any swimming or badders champeens.
As for the educational excellence, The UK is by far the best option in Europe - Spain doesn't even come close, even Spains best, is hardly a Cambridge, UCL, Manchester or even Leeds.
I'd say put it on hold for 5 or 6 years.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Debrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: Kings College Murcia

thank you for reading
Hi just be carefull, as my kids started at King's college san pedro in Marbella, and the school was not owned by King's but in fact a franciase...which resulted in the owner of school having a dissagreement with the directors of King's and they withdrew their francise..and we were left with a no name school no headmaster, no money and the uniform having to be changed etc etc...so check it is not a francise first.
My children were very disrupted but now we have been taken over and now feel comfortable with the the new owners.
Hope this is some help,
Regards
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

once again thanks for your replies, we need to find out as much as we can before we make any plans to move and would never go if it wasn't suitable for the childrens education and sporting talents, funny thing is we thought it would be better

I have tried google for sports centers, and swimming clubs and coaches but seem to get private health clubs and hotels