Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Kids activities in Sevilla

Kids activities in Sevilla

Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

raujgc has a brilliant futureraujgc has a brilliant futureraujgc has a brilliant futureraujgc has a brilliant futureraujgc has a brilliant futureraujgc has a brilliant futureraujgc has a brilliant future
Smile Kids activities in Sevilla

Hi,

We are a couple with 3 kids (5,3 & 1) living in Sevilla. Does anybody know any fun activities for English speaking children here? We are looking forward to meeting some people in the same situation.

Thanks in advance!!
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:42 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids activities in Sevilla

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Jun 12th 2011, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

raujgc has a brilliant futureraujgc has a brilliant futureraujgc has a brilliant futureraujgc has a brilliant futureraujgc has a brilliant futureraujgc has a brilliant futureraujgc has a brilliant future

Hi, thanks for your response. I think there must be a problem because I cannot see what I wrote on the thread "Moving to Seville" and I have no answers to my thread. Could you help me?

Thanks!
Old Jun 12th 2011, 10:40 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

How about a trip to Seville´s themepark Isla Magica? www.islamagica.es
Old Jun 14th 2011, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the information. We've been there (they love it), but the thing is that we're looking for activities for English speakers children and it's been quite difficult...
Thank you again!!
Old May 15th 2012, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

laurorum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I know the post is old but I'll be moving with my 5 years old daughter to Seville hopefully by the end of September, and I am also looking for activities for children that speak English. There is not much around in the internet, and I'm not sure if you ended up finding anything for your children...?
I am also selecting schools for her, around the city centre, any comments?

Many thanks
Old May 15th 2012, 6:30 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laurorum
Hi there,

I know the post is old but I'll be moving with my 5 years old daughter to Seville hopefully by the end of September, and I am also looking for activities for children that speak English. There is not much around in the internet, and I'm not sure if you ended up finding anything for your children...?

Many thanks
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 15th 2012, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Many thanks
Hi, welcome.... I get a lot of flack from my OH on this one, but it's my firm belief (assuming you are an English-speaking household with British TV or radio available either on a telly or tinternet) that children should be immersed as much as possible in Spanish activities. Not - and here others will feel hotly for different reasons - for the cultural aspect but simply to become comfortable with colloquial, rapid-fire, everyday Spanish.
Each to their own, of course, and you may have very good reasons for seeking out English activities (?).... besides I live so far away I can't give practical suggestions. Just an observation!
Old May 15th 2012, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

I couldn't agree more, but your assumption was a bit incorrect. I am a Spanish speaker, my daughter's dad is British and will be staying in the Uk, and my daughter speaks fluent Spanish and English, and currently attends a public school in the UK. I just want to ensure that her English is promoted as much as her Spanish has been here.. so yes, the TV would be in English and I would swap to speak English as well, as she will be attending a Spanish school.
Here there are lots of "Sunday Schools" for children with second languages and I was thinking maybe there is something similar there, since the amount of expats doesn't look too low... but I'm finding It hard to find anything in the internet for children... She is only 5 and at the moment St Georges school is a bit far for us...
Any ideas?
Old May 15th 2012, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't agree more, but your assumption was a bit incorrect. I am a Spanish speaker, my daughter's dad is British and will be staying in the Uk, and my daughter speaks fluent Spanish and English, and currently attends a public school in the UK. I just want to ensure that her English is promoted as much as her Spanish has been here.. so yes, the TV would be in English and I would swap to speak English as well, as she will be attending a Spanish school.
Here there are lots of "Sunday Schools" for children with second languages and I was thinking maybe there is something similar there, since the amount of expats doesn't look too low... but I'm finding It hard to find anything in the internet for children... She is only 5 and at the moment St Georges school is a bit far for us...
Any ideas?
Ok sorry bound to get things wrong from time to time!.... so she's been educated in English but with Spanish in the home? And now the situation will be Spanish education and mainly English in the home? I can see the dilemma, how to keep them both at the presumably current high level. Sadly having stuck my head above the parapet I can't really help, not living anywhere near there. My somewhat basic and obvious suggestions would be start scouring for any and every British mag/advertising paper/bar and just ask wherever possible. Someone must know some activities? And even if you don't find anything organised, maybe it'll turn up some British families with similar aged youngsters your little girl could play with. Good luck with your search.
Old May 16th 2012, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your comments, that is what I had in mind. Good point with the magazines/papers, will check them out... cheers
Old May 16th 2012, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Hi!

I couldn't find anything on the internet either but, yes, I ended up finding an English speaking group. There are people from different countries (mainly UK and US) and I am attending some informal meet-ups (there's a list and you can be on it as soon as you get here). Once a week we go to the park for them to play, but maybe this will not be happening any more (due to the VERY high temperatures) until September. Some people related to this group organize family picnics once a month too, and we love them.

We live near the city centre, and we spent a lot of time trying to find "the right school". If you want almost all the subjects in English, it depends on how many hours a week you want them to spend on the bus, and it depends on your budget, off course. In Aljarafe (some little towns out of the SE-30 road ring) there are some of them (Europa International School, San Pablo CEU, Yago School,..). If you want more information, let me know, I've done some research. And in the city centre there's a private bilingual school (famous but not very inexpensive) called San Francisco de Paula.

As far as I know there are some public ones that are bilingual, but finding one won't be easy, and getting into it almost impossible. However, you can try... You might be lucky.

If you don't mind I'll give you two pieces of advice: Think of swapping to speak English before you come here, and about the school, before you make up your mind, try to find someone who really knows the one you that like ( all the webs are beautiful but,...).

By the way, there's someone in your same situation, Spanish speaker who has arrived this year with to kids and the partner still in UK... she might give you some advice as well...

A little extensive but I hope it is helpful.
Old May 16th 2012, 9:15 am
Just Joined

kopr is just really nicekopr is just really nicekopr is just really nicekopr is just really nicekopr is just really nicekopr is just really nicekopr is just really nicekopr is just really nice

Hi there,

Many thanks
Hi
We are an English family with 2 children ages 6 and 15 years,both go to cbs British school of Seville in Julianna.We too go to the monthly picnics and the Friday play park group (which has a friendly group of regular attendants),I also take my youngest to craft group twice a week in mairenna where they speak Spanish , English or French,and in Pisa there is a great play area called educapolix and in the week they do clubs and some are in English.
I hope this helps abit.
Old May 16th 2012, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Hi again!

Thank you so much for your replies!! I am so glad to hear about the English group!! any chance of letting me know how to get in touch with the organizer? maybe we could even attend one of your meetings next time we visit (before September that is). It would be also excellent to get in touch with this Spanish speaking lady who is in the similar situation to mine ( I have so many queries ...).
In regards to the schools... thank you so much for your information... I have arrive to the conclusion that both St Georges and CBS British Schools are too far for me, very long hours for my 5 years old. I actually attended Europa International School (donkies years ago...) when they first opened and was OK, but still very far away... I have put down a couple of bilingual public schools and I would have the confirmation by the end of the week, but I'm afraid It seems a long shot... but I heard that all public schools in the area are quite good... and I have found some English lessons with bilingual children in a English Academy, will see how It goes...
To be truthful, all is quite confusing and hard without being physically there!
Haven't got any info on Jago School, but I San Francisco de Paula is an option ( remote dough, as 3000€ upfront plus 500€ monthly is daunting!)...
Talking too much already... any info you guys can give me will be well received and appreciated..
Looking forward to hear from you,
Kind regards
Old May 16th 2012, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi again!

Thank you so much for your replies!! I am so glad to hear about the English group!! any chance of letting me know how to get in touch with the organizer? maybe we could even attend one of your meetings next time we visit (before September that is). It would be also excellent to get in touch with this Spanish speaking lady who is in the similar situation to mine ( I have so many queries ...).
In regards to the schools... thank you so much for your information... I have arrive to the conclusion that both St Georges and CBS British Schools are too far for me, very long hours for my 5 years old. I actually attended Europa International School (donkies years ago...) when they first opened and was OK, but still very far away... I have put down a couple of bilingual public schools and I would have the confirmation by the end of the week, but I'm afraid It seems a long shot... but I heard that all public schools in the area are quite good... and I have found some English lessons with bilingual children in a English Academy, will see how It goes...
To be truthful, all is quite confusing and hard without being physically there!
Haven't got any info on Jago School, but I San Francisco de Paula is an option ( remote dough, as 3000€ upfront plus 500€ monthly is daunting!)...
Talking too much already... any info you guys can give me will be well received and appreciated..
Looking forward to hear from you,
Kind regards
No, you're not talking too much. You started the thread, it's giving you some info. You are feeding back thoughts. It's an organic thing, this forum stuff!!!!!

If St George's ever comes back into the equation, I'd be interested to know what the Sevilla one's like because my 10yo is in his third year at Malaga (having spent three years in the local village school).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.