Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Keep out the burn this summer!

Keep out the burn this summer!

Old Jul 8th 2014, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

UKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really niceUKinSpain is just really nice
Default Keep out the burn this summer!

Keep out the burn this summer and don’t end up like the Thompsons! For more info watch the video here.
Old Aug 7th 2014, 4:29 am
Just Joined

sandra_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Keep out the burn this summer!

Last edited by sandra_; Aug 7th 2014 at 4:32 am.
Old Aug 7th 2014, 8:25 am
Account Closed

IamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond reputeIamStu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKinSpain
Keep out the burn this summer and don’t end up like the Thompsons! For more info watch the video here.
I have to say I wonder how many of the pink skinned Brits I see at this time of year sleep they must be so sore!
I see them walking around with their "Tan of honour" which to me make them look like utter fools!
I know the Spanish can be almost as bad for sun worship but I haven´t yet seen a bright pink one!
What blows my mind is the level of ignorance there still is about UV damage and the risks.
If I was to take a guess, I´d say 90% of my patients have a level of UV damaged eyes.
I´m seeing stuff over here that was taught in lectures with references being made to African countries. There was certainly no mention of Expats living in Spain!
On that note, be very careful where you buy your sunglasses (if you have the sense to wear them). Sunglasses which don´t give full UV absorption will cause more damage than not wearing any!!! I see it all the time!!!
Old Aug 7th 2014, 8:34 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Residents get thier tans slowly as they are there when the sun begins to really have an effect, and just walking around to the shops does give some exposure, also they do tend to sit out in the sun for much shorter periods as they know they will be able to do it tomorrow, next week and next month. Holiday makers have one or two weeks, so they 'have' to sit out for several hours from day 1, they've paid for a holiday in the sun, and by god they are going to get the sun, and it'll be OK, I've got factor 4 suncream on so I can sit out all day and be protected, and I only go for a dip 3 or 4 times, so it won't wash off, will it..
Old Aug 7th 2014, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's be fair here (did you see what I did there) it is not by any means just Brits, it is really North Europeans. I see plenty of pink Germans and Scandinavians. When with my Spanish friends we refer to them as pinkies.
Old Aug 9th 2014, 6:40 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Gambas!
Old Aug 10th 2014, 8:08 am
Just Joined

vicske is an unknown quantity at this point

Our relatives will come to visit in about a week time... I am expecting them to look like this!
Old Aug 11th 2014, 12:51 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice of them to mention on a forum for people already living in Spain that the sun's hot, I'd hate to think they were getting paid for doing bugger all. Good looking out for us UKinSpain lol.