Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

To keep or not to keep!!!

To keep or not to keep!!!

Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

squelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura aboutsquelch has a spectacular aura about
Default To keep or not to keep!!!

HI, I'm sure this has been asked somewhere, apologises if it has, we are at the chucking out stage of house moving, what do we really need to bring over and what is cheap enough to replace? we seem to have so much stuff, I'm sure we wont need half of it.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:03 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To keep or not to keep!!!

Depends on if youre going to be renting furnished apartments or buying an empty house whilst youre here. It also depends on the value of your own furniture. You could always sell stuff in the UK and use the money to buy again in Spain. And look at the costs of courering. Only you really know whether its worth it or not.

If youre not going heavy. Then just keep sentimental items. I came here with a suitcase packed. Ive been back for a few extra things but not much.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:10 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squelch
HI, I'm sure this has been asked somewhere, apologises if it has, we are at the chucking out stage of house moving, what do we really need to bring over and what is cheap enough to replace? we seem to have so much stuff, I'm sure we wont need half of it.
I do not think that there is anything for the house that cannot be bought in Spain so this is a difficult question to answer. It is probably easier for you to look at your stuff and decide on how much you personally value each item and how important it is for you to take it with you. We got rid of a lot of stuff based on whether it was really worth paying to transport it over.

Your lifestyle and hobbies are relevant to your decisions too. I knew it was very difficult to buy craft items anywhere near to where I had chosen to live so made sure that I brought loads with me. Obviously with internet companies it is fairly easy to buy just about anything but there is the cost of delivery to think about and include in the cost.

Rosemary
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

keddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant future

Its always the half you throw away you will need most and vice versa. Bring it all, its a lot cheaper to sort out what you want and if need be upgrade with some new stuff. I brought everything with me from a 4 bed detached to 2 bed finca!!! I had weeks of fun opening the boxes destined for my shed. It took me weeks to sort it and chuck it as the case arose.
Furniture is NOT cheap in Spain despite what you are told!!!