Reload this Page >

Kebab shops, Benidorm

Kebab shops, Benidorm

Old Sep 18th 2011, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

smigger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kebab shops, Benidorm

Ok guys, strange request I know.

I am visiting Benidorm, staying near Levante beach, for a couple of days and I am looking for decent kebab shop?

So...before everyone attacks me!
I live in the Algarve and have been for over 20 years and the only time I can get a decent kebab is when I vist Spain. I love all the usual spanish food but this is something I miss as its almost impossible to get in the Algarve.

Also any nice restaurants which can be recommended would be nice.

Any tips/advise would be appreciated...

Steve
Old Sep 18th 2011, 3:29 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kebab shops, Benidorm

Originally Posted by smigger
Ok guys, strange request I know.

I am visiting Benidorm, staying near Levante beach, for a couple of days and I am looking for decent kebab shop?

So...before everyone attacks me!
I live in the Algarve and have been for over 20 years and the only time I can get a decent kebab is when I vist Spain. I love all the usual spanish food but this is something I miss as its almost impossible to get in the Algarve.

Also any nice restaurants which can be recommended would be nice.

Any tips/advise would be appreciated...

Steve
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Sep 18th 2011, 7:33 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

You really don´t have to go that far for a sloppy kebab. Just cross the border over to Ayamonte and look for King Asia on the Avenida de Andalucia, or Dino´s in the Marina of Isla Canela (Punta del Moral). Best kebab I´ve had in Spain was in the Islantilla commercial center.

Last edited by Jur; Sep 18th 2011 at 7:35 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 5:09 am
Just Joined

smigger is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jur,
Was unaware of places you mentioned but will try next time I am near the border.
Not driving all the way to Benidorm for a kekab by the way!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 2:42 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure, you´ve ever seen "Harold & Kumar go to White Castle" ?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

simmo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Smidger,

I too have stayed near Levante Beach, Benidorm, and there are about 4 kebab shops all very close to each other, you cant miss them, they are very good!!
Old Sep 24th 2011, 10:49 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simmo2
Hi Smidger,

I too have stayed near Levante Beach, Benidorm, and there are about 4 kebab shops all very close to each other, you cant miss them, they are very good!!
You boys should have more respect for your stomach, mind you, I spose you honk it up after a few jars anyway.