Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

just got here .....

just got here .....

Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

dorrian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just got here .....

hi i just moved to almeria a couple of days ago iam enjoying myself so far iam a young guy and was wandering does anybody know good places to go drinking and meet people dont speak any spanish (but learning)

thanks for replies
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:07 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just got here .....

Hi dorrian, welcome to the forum.

Like you i ended up out in Spain by myself and was like a little lost soul. I dont live in your area sadly but it wont take you long to meet up with people. Once you start working, youll meet people who have been in Spain longer and get a load of extra confidence and eventually you´ll get to know the area very well. it takes time, a good few months but youll get there eventually.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dorrian
hi i just moved to almeria a couple of days ago iam enjoying myself so far iam a young guy and was wandering does anybody know good places to go drinking and meet people dont speak any spanish (but learning)

thanks for replies
One place NOT to go drinking and meet people is any establishment on a main road with a big CLUB sign outside!!!!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:41 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joe King
One place NOT to go drinking and meet people is any establishment on a main road with a big CLUB sign outside!!!!

You haven't told him why!!

JJ
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:48 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jjh
You haven't told him why!!

JJ
The drinks there are expensive
Old Sep 28th 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mikeoc
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

How close are you to Roquetas De Mar, it would be easy to get to from Almeria, loads of Brits there and plenty of watering holes.
pwwm
Old Sep 29th 2007, 7:37 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikeoc

Naughty boy

JJ
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Did not know anywhere in Spain sold expensive drinks, certainly compared to UK
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pwwm
Did not know anywhere in Spain sold expensive drinks, certainly compared to UK
thanks for the replies yeah it is alot cheaper than the uk to drink which is good found a few local bars which is good enjoying life in almeria !
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:51 am
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

ae you near mojaca only thing this time of year it might be very quiet . go into your nearest bar ttry and get to know people take a spanish phrase book with you have a laugh tryingt to translate remember local people dont go to the bars till late 10 onwards my parents are in hurcalovera the local town has lots of bars or head for urcal village its ran by a english couple helen
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by helenba
ae you near mojaca only thing this time of year it might be very quiet . go into your nearest bar ttry and get to know people take a spanish phrase book with you have a laugh tryingt to translate remember local people dont go to the bars till late 10 onwards my parents are in hurcalovera the local town has lots of bars or head for urcal village its ran by a english couple helen
yeah iam staying in mojacar but i meann ive been to the bars and met a few people and had a few good nights out here so far and enjoying it
Old Oct 10th 2007, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

dawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nice

I love Mojacar, I live near Alicante but been down for a few weekends and always had a great time, it's much nicer than here