Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Just back from Javea

Just back from Javea

Old Aug 19th 2011, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

expat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the rough
Default Just back from Javea

Had a great 2 weeks in Javea, visited Benidorm a few times and the 1 thing we noticed was how much things appear to have gone up in price. Spent a lot more than planned! Also my other half enjoyed going to the "Plaza" for bingo but we turned up to find out they no longer start the bingo until the start of September, the place was dead as a result! Ended up in Tommy's which was generally packed.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 3:48 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just back from Javea

Originally Posted by expat2be
Had a great 2 weeks in Javea, visited Benidorm a few times and the 1 thing we noticed was how much things appear to have gone up in price. Spent a lot more than planned! Also my other half enjoyed going to the "Plaza" for bingo but we turned up to find out they no longer start the bingo until the start of September, the place was dead as a result! Ended up in Tommy's which was generally packed.
When did you last come to Spain? It makes a big difference - if you were here last month then I too would be surprised but if it was 5 years ago, then maybe not
Old Aug 19th 2011, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, things have gone up but a day out in Javea with a meal is reasonable...even better if we get something in one of the charity shops.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 4:00 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Yes, things have gone up but a day out in Javea with a meal is reasonable...even better if we get something in one of the charity shops.
We used to enjoy visiting Javea a few times each year. Fish and chips, walk along the sea front popping in the shops, very pleasant.

Rosemary
Old Aug 19th 2011, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

expat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the rough

I was last in Javea in April. I meant the prices in Benidorm had increased, still love Javea
Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:18 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat2be
I was last in Javea in April. I meant the prices in Benidorm had increased, still love Javea
I'm not sure what you've noticed being more expensive. I've been there a few times since you were there in April (only 4 months ago) and can't think of much that's more expensive.

Maybe it's been going up slowly so I haven't noticed?