Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The JOKE killed someone..

The JOKE killed someone..

Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:51 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default The JOKE killed someone..

Kate and William 'deeply saddened' to hear 'excellent' nurse who put through Australian DJs' hoax call has been found dead in suspected suicideJacintha Saldanha found unconscious today near King Edward VII Hospital
Mother-of-two transferred prank call from Australian DJs asking about Kate
Australian presenters then got intimate details from Duchess's private nurse

William and Kate 'deeply saddened' by death and say they did not complain

Hospital described her as 'excellent nurse who cared diligently for hundreds'

MailOnline understands they were not disciplining her over incident
Woman's husband, two children and family have been informed of her death
2Day FM presenters Mel Greig and Michael Christian boasted about prank
By Arthur Martin and Martin Robinson
PUBLISHED: 14:20 GMT, 7 December 2012 | UPDATED: 16:33 GMT, 7 December 2012

A nurse who transferred a prank phone call from two Australian radio presenters about the Duchess of Cambridge has died in a suspected suicide – two days after being duped.
The body of Jacintha Saldanha, who was working on the switchboard, was found at an address yards away from King Edward VII Hospital, where she worked, just before 9.30am today.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge issued a statement saying they are 'deeply saddened' by the tragedy and said they had not made a complaint, adding: 'Their thoughts and prayers are with Jacintha Saldanha’s family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time.'
Old Dec 7th 2012, 3:54 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The JOKE killed someone..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Kate-Middleto
www.dailymail.co.uk
Old Dec 7th 2012, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

I was just reading about that, how horrible. I wonder if it had anything to do with being hounded by the British tabloid press after the event? A couple of days ago they were slagging her off for falling for such a stupid prank and saying how horrified the royals were. Slight whiff of hypocrisy?
Old Dec 7th 2012, 5:18 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

What a shame this happened. The poor girl must have been terrified she was going to lose her job .. I hope those two who thought this prank was funny are feeling thoroughly ashamed of themselves and I hope the guilt lives with them for a long long time.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 7:04 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

will this stop prank/crank calls ? ?

methinks not, it is part of our current society and the people want to be informed as to what is happening.

not that I agree with it, but thats how it is in todays world of instant communication.

`
Old Dec 7th 2012, 7:45 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

The poor poor woman - condolences to her family - and shame on the two knob heads who put her in this position - i hope they are severely reprimanded for what they have done xxxxx
Old Dec 7th 2012, 7:53 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

So tragic. Thoughts going to her family, friends and colleagues.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
The poor poor woman - condolences to her family - and shame on the two knob heads who put her in this position - i hope they are severely reprimanded for what they have done xxxxx
So do I, terrible end to a silly and needles prank. I hope this dwells on their minds the same as it did for this poor woman
Old Dec 7th 2012, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
I was just reading about that, how horrible. I wonder if it had anything to do with being hounded by the British tabloid press after the event? A couple of days ago they were slagging her off for falling for such a stupid prank and saying how horrified the royals were. Slight whiff of hypocrisy?
In fairness I doubt anyone including the press or the Royal couple would have expected anything like this, but agree the actions off the press will have increased the pressure on the poor woman.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobd22
In fairness I doubt anyone including the press or the Royal couple would have expected anything like this, but agree the actions off the press will have increased the pressure on the poor woman.
Yes, I thought after reading about the tragedy that she may have already been in a poor state of mind to react as she did.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 9:34 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you think the hospital has to take some responsibility...they have been dealing with royalty since 1890's surely they should have had contingency plans and instructed staff
Old Dec 7th 2012, 9:40 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I see the two people responsible for the call have been withdrawn from their jobs, wether permanently or not I do not know.
I wonder how the law stands on this ?

If someone falsely misrepresents themselves on a persons doorstep or by telephone with the purpose of gaining benefit, I think they could technically be charged with fraud, though correct me if I'm wrong.
Likewise if they were knowingly putting someones health or life at risk by so doing, I would have thought.

In this case the perpetrators would surely at least expect to make some gain from their successful hoax,...... though could hardly foresee the resultant tragic event.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 8:38 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

Australian radio station boss refuses to sack Royal prank DJs and claims THEY are the victims as family tell of their grief after mother-of-two nurse who transferred hoax call to Kate's ward 'kills herself'
Jacintha Saldanha found unconscious today near King Edward VII Hospital
Mother-of-two transferred prank call from Australian DJs asking about Kate
Presenters behind the hoax are taken off air following tragedy

William and Kate 'deeply saddened' by death and say they did not complain

Australian PM Julia Gillard has described the death as 'a terrible tragedy'
Hospital described her as 'excellent nurse who cared diligently for hundreds'
Mel Greig and Michael Christian boasted about prank as tragedy unfolded

Both deleted their Twitter accounts after global backlash following death
Radio station's Facebook account bombarded with abusive comments

The boss of the radio company at the centre of the royal hoax call today refused to sack the DJs behind the stunt and painted them as victims.

2DayFM presenters Mel Greig and Michael Christian were taken off air after it emerged the nurse who took their prank call at Kate Middleton's hospital had died in a suspected suicide.
Jacintha Saldanha, a 46-year-old mother of two, had been manning the hospital switchboard when the Australian hoaxers called and she transferred the call to the Duchess of Cambridge's ward.

Rhys Holleran, the chief executive of Southern Cross Austereo, which owns the station, said the presenters were 'completely shattered' and had been offered counselling.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2ERxo4sPI
Old Dec 8th 2012, 6:43 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever the rights and wrongs it looks like the radio station is in big trouble now the main sponsers have pulled the plug on them.

They've had complaints before but wether they'll survive this particular crisis seems unlikely.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 8:50 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but I have no sympathy for them or the radio station whatsoever - I don't buy newspapers or watch the news as its usually all doom n gloom plus it breeds parasites like the above two people - why are people so interested in how many poos anyone else has - for gods sake get a life - if people didn't have to know the ins n outs of a monkeys arsehole that poor woman would still be alive and two children would still have their mother :-( - rant over xxxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.