Jet2 rip-off

Old May 20th 2009, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

pbmorse is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Jet2 rip-off

We booked in advance and travelled back to the UK with Jet2 the other week, and on arrival at Malaga airport they charged us 8 euros EACH to get a boarding card!

There is not one mention of this when booking or in the T&Cs. In their site FAQ's it say you will be charged GBP3 if you don't print off your boarding card online, but it doesn't say this WHILE you're booking or, as I say, in the T&Cs you're meant to read when you book.

They say they're the "cheap friendly airline" but our experience is that they're the "rip off shyster" airline. Anyone else been unfortunate enough to be caught out my this scam?
Old May 20th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jet2 rip-off

From their web site.

Check-in
Online Check-in
If you have selected to check-in online during the booking process (this facility is generally available from 28 days up to 5 hours prior to your departure), please ensure you have printed off your boarding pass, and proceed to the ‘Bag Drop’ check-in area. Please be advised that the ‘Bag Drop’ check-in area closes 40 minutes prior to departure. If you are checking in with hand baggage only, please proceed with your boarding pass directly to Airport Security. If you forget to check-in on line prior to your departure or lose your boarding pass, you will be charged a small administration fee on checking-in at the airport.

Airport Check-in
If you have selected to check-in at the airport during your booking process, please go directly to the Jet2.com check-in area assigned to your flight number. If you are travelling with hand baggage only and have not chosen to check-in on line, a £3 charge for your hand baggage will be levied.

It would seem that " the small administration fee" must be £5 then?
Old May 20th 2009, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

pbmorse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jet2 rip-off

It seems so - of course they can charge what they want, but nowhere when we booked the tickets 3 months back were we told we HAD to print out our own boarding passes or face paying extra... I feel they are winging it a bit (no pun intended), and that their website is playing catchup to a hastily imposed change to their T&Cs.

It's not like we're "wet behind the ears" or anything, we fly loads and I work for a web company building websites so I'm not going to miss something warning me of charges if I don't follow a procedure... irksome.