Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Jazztel - ADSL and Telephone service

Jazztel - ADSL and Telephone service

Old Nov 15th 2006, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Jazztel - ADSL and Telephone service

Hi Fred,

If as Kieth says Jazztel lay their own cable I don't think that Telefonica come into the 20mb equation, they are presumably using fibre optic cable and the distance limitations do not apply. I would agree with all you say where they are bulk buying bandwidth on telifonica exchanges and lines but it depends if their number analysis is for the 20mb service or the standard ADSL.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by Fred James
You need to be careful with this. This is a service, effectively from Telefonica, which tells you if your exchange is equipped for ADSL. It does not necessarily take into account the fact that you live 5kms from the exchange.

You may well find that because of this distance you may only be able to get a relatively low speed connection such as 1mb or even less.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:42 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jazztel - ADSL and Telephone service

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Fred,

If as Kieth says Jazztel lay their own cable I don't think that Telefonica come into the 20mb equation, they are presumably using fibre optic cable and the distance limitations do not apply. I would agree with all you say where they are bulk buying bandwidth on telifonica exchanges and lines but it depends if their number analysis is for the 20mb service or the standard ADSL.

Regards,

John.
I take your point about the cable options, clearly they know whether their cables are available but they also use Telefonica lines for the normal speed connections.

It is when they tell you that the normal services are available that you need to be concerned about the distance.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Does anybody know please if Jazztel can provide a ADSL connection even though Telefonica says its not possible. I am less than 2kms from town centre and have Telefonica land line?

Thanks

Last edited by mitzipurr; Nov 16th 2006 at 12:50 am.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:53 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Does anybody know please if Jazztel can provide a ADSL connection even though Telefonica says its not possible. I am less than 2kms from town centre and have Telefonica land line?

Thanks
In theory this could not happen as Jazztel would be using Telefonicas lines and equipment. However I do know of a similar case involving Arrakis who did supply ADSL when Telefonica could not!

It may be that they have made a certain number of ADSL connections available to Jazztel but have used up all their own.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 12:53 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Go to www.jazztel.com and enter your telephone number in the relevant field. That will tell you if you have coverage by Jazztel or not.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Go to www.jazztel.com and enter your telephone number in the relevant field. That will tell you if you have coverage by Jazztel or not.

Hi keithwalters

Have done as you said and it is available. However Telefonica site is similar and tells me it is available BUT have been waiting since 31 May 2006!!! The excuse they give is distance although I am less than 2 kms from Chiclana centre.... :scared:
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:21 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi keithwalters

Have done as you said and it is available. However Telefonica site is similar and tells me it is available BUT have been waiting since 31 May 2006!!! The excuse they give is distance although I am less than 2 kms from Chiclana centre.... :scared:

I am on with telefonica, but my mate about 200 mtrs down the road can`t get it.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:11 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Hi keithwalters

Did the Jazztel site offer you 20mb for 20 euros, or was it a slower speed for more money?

If they say they can connect at 20mb then this would cut telefonica out of the equation altogether. If they cant, it means that they have to use the old telefonica lines to get ADSL to you and frankly I think this would be a waste of time. If Jazztel can give you direct coverage, then I personally would leap at the chance to leave telefonica who I hate with a passion.

I cant understand why you have been waiting so long. I think we waited about a week or two for our Telefonica connection.

Try calling Jazztel and asking how long for the connection. They will have to send you a router in the post, but otherwise I cant see what you would have to wait for.

KIeith
Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Did the Jazztel site offer you 20mb for 20 euros, or was it a slower speed for more money?

If they say they can connect at 20mb then this would cut telefonica out of the equation altogether. If they cant, it means that they have to use the old telefonica lines to get ADSL to you and frankly I think this would be a waste of time. If Jazztel can give you direct coverage, then I personally would leap at the chance to leave telefonica who I hate with a passion.

I cant understand why you have been waiting so long. I think we waited about a week or two for our Telefonica connection.

Try calling Jazztel and asking how long for the connection. They will have to send you a router in the post, but otherwise I cant see what you would have to wait for.

KIeith

This is the info I get when I type in my phone number.

Pasos a contratar a través de la Web

A continuación encontrará los servicios que puede contratar sobre el número telefónico facilitado. Pulse sobre el servicio que desee contratar para comenzar el registro de su alta.

Para contratar cualquiera de los servicios es necesario que acepte las condiciones de contratación. Para ver las condiciones de contratación haga click aquí

ADSL hasta 20 Megas + Llamadas Locales y Nacionales Gratis
Disfrute con la tecnología ADSL 2+ de la máxima velocidad: hasta 20 Megas. Además todas sus llamadas locales y nacionales gratis, beneficiándose de un alquiler de línea telefónica más económico, y conservando su número de teléfono de siempre, con la calidad a la que está acostumbrado.
Y todo esto en una sola factura.

20,00* €/mes
Línea Jazztel (12,95 €/mes).
*Precio promocional, a partir del 28/02/07 la cuota mensual será de 29,95 €/mes + IVA
120 minutos al mes en llamadas a móvil gratis hasta el 28/02/07.
Router Wifi Gratis al solicitar el alta On Line.
Participación en sorteo de 5 viajes semanales a diversos destinos europeos.
Promociones validas para nuevas Altas desde el 14/11/06 al 07/01/07.

ADSL hasta 6 Megas + Llamadas Gratis
Ahora puede disponer de todas las ventajas que le ofrece el acceso ADSL hasta 6 Megas y además disfrutar de llamadas locales y nacionales gratis durante las 24 horas del día.

23,00* €/mes
*Precio promocional, a partir del 28/02/07 la cuota mensual será de 32,95 €/mes + IVA

ADSL 1024 +Marcación Automática
Disfrute del acceso ADSL 1024 con tarifa 24 horas a Internet, y además aprovéchese de las tarifas más interesantes del mercado para sus llamadas.

35,95 €/mes

ADSL 1 Mega + llamadas gratis Fin de Semana
Al precio más competitivo del mercado, obtenga todas las ventajas que le ofrece el acceso ADSL hasta 1 Mega y disfrute de sus llamadas locales y nacionales gratis durante todo el fin de semana. Además benefíciese de un alquiler de línea telefónica más económico, y conservando su número de teléfono de siempre, con la calidad y los servicios a los que está acostumbrado. Y todo esto en una sola factura.

17,95 €/mes

ADSL 1 Mega + llamadas gratis Fin de Semana
Ahora puede disponer de todas las ventajas que le ofrece el acceso ADSL hasta 1 Mega y además disfrutar de llamadas locales y nacionales gratis durante todo el fin de semana al precio más competitivo del mercado.

17,95 €/mes

16% Iva no incluido.

Ver más servicios: 1 2 Siguiente

Para más información llame GRATIS al 1567

JAZZTEL garantiza que todos los datos recogidos a través del formulario serán utilizados en la forma y con las limitaciones y
derechos que concede la LEY ORGÁNICA 15/1999, de 13 de diciembre, de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal.
LEY ORGÁNICA 15/1999, de 13 de diciembre

Información sobre seguridad
Old Nov 16th 2006, 7:37 am
has got a huge member

This is the info I get when I type in my phone number.

ADSL hasta 20 Megas + Llamadas Locales y Nacionales Gratis
Disfrute con la tecnología ADSL 2+ de la máxima velocidad: hasta 20 Megas. Además todas sus llamadas locales y nacionales gratis, beneficiándose de un alquiler de línea telefónica más económico, y conservando su número de teléfono de siempre, con la calidad a la que está acostumbrado.
Y todo esto en una sola factura.

20,00* €/mes
*Precio promocional, a partir del 28/02/07 la cuota mensual será de 29,95 €/mes + IVA
Router Wifi Gratis al solicitar el alta On Line.

In that case, yes they are offering you ADSL 2+ at 20 megas. Local and National calls are free, so are calls to mobiles until Feb 2007. You rent the line from Jazztel instead of Telefonica for another 12.95 per month (about the same price as telefonica). If you subscribe online you get the WIFI router free. (35 euros if you order via the phone). You don't need to change your telephone number if you switch to Jazztel.

If I were in your shoes I would go for it. I can't wait to leave Telefonica but dont have much choice at the moment.

keith
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:50 am
Run Forrest, Run.....

Rocky Balboa is on a distinguished road

Does anybody use this ADSL 2 service they provide, just wondering how it's going?

They've told me I can get speeds upto 20mb but I remain unconvinced. My current speeds are under 1mb and I desperatley need something faster so I've decided to give them a whirl but I'm half expecting it to be no better than what I've already got and they'll have just done a selling job on me.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:54 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rocky Balboa
Does anybody use this ADSL 2 service they provide, just wondering how it's going?

They've told me I can get speeds upto 20mb but I remain unconvinced. My current speeds are under 1mb and I desperatley need something faster so I've decided to give them a whirl but I'm half expecting it to be no better than what I've already got and they'll have just done a selling job on me.

Major problems with them, their system seems to have been down for well over a week, and subscribers can't get in, access e mail etc. Local computer agony aunt has been trying to find out, but hasn't even had a reply from them in 5 days, would think NOT a good idea at the moment.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 1:34 am
Run Forrest, Run.....

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Major problems with them, their system seems to have been down for well over a week, and subscribers can't get in, access e mail etc. Local computer agony aunt has been trying to find out, but hasn't even had a reply from them in 5 days, would think NOT a good idea at the moment.

Hi Mike I'm worried now. Are you saying their customers have had no access to the internet for over a week or is this just web-mail related etc, is it just a local issue or countrywide?

Seems crazy for a broadband provider to have no service for that long :curse:

Last edited by Rocky Balboa; Apr 27th 2007 at 1:35 am. Reason: typo
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:10 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rocky Balboa
Hi Mike I'm worried now. Are you saying their customers have had no access to the internet for over a week or is this just web-mail related etc, is it just a local issue or countrywide?

Seems crazy for a broadband provider to have no service for that long :curse:
Only people I know who were with Jazztel have just e mailed me with a new, non jazztel address, and with the other comments I've heard, I certainly wouldn't be thinking of going with them at the moment. Not sure if it's just a local issue.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:34 am
Run Forrest, Run.....

Hmm I'm tempted to cancel it now, I gave them the go ahead over the phone this morning so I'm presuming I will have to sign some documents first before they take it any further, then again it is Spain and anything can happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.